Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IIRC, Marcelinho, Villareal's manager, confirmed talks between the clubs over Musacchio.
Maybe we dropped interest because our first choice option became available?

I'm playing Devils Advocate here, but the point remains that we are and always will be in the dark as to the decision making process behind the scenes. Speculation will always rule the day.

One guy who happens to work closely with the club suddenly becomes elevated to some kind of omniscient persona.

Then you can never believe anything, basically, as he doesn't tend to be a mouthy manager like a Tim, Arry etc.

Ben Pearce is a journo based in Tottenham who has the trust of the club, who they go through for certain things. Bridge is now a SSN presenter but used to be behind the scenes and I think does the official Spurs annual.
You're correct. I'm afraid there's not really much I do believe around transfers. Far too many stories wrong compared to right and present managers of players spreading bullshit to get prices up, etc. Very difficult to believe anyone in football really. And that's the reason why I find it surprising that some people know we were after certain players as an irrefutable fact. I'm just not that confident.

And ArcspacE ArcspacE are you not supposed to be ignoring me, you fucking lego playing psychofuck? Was thinking about you yesterday, by the way. Was in Toys R Us buying Lego for my 6 year old daughter. Pretty sure she's their target market. Or people who act that age anyway.

And ArcspacE ArcspacE are you not supposed to be ignoring me, you fucking lego playing psychofuck? Was thinking about you yesterday, by the way. Was in Toys R Us buying Lego for my 6 year old daughter. Pretty sure she's their target market. Or people who act that age anyway.

haha boom headshot!

Lego_c69e1d_697369.gif

You're correct. I'm afraid there's not really much I do believe around transfers. Far too many stories wrong compared to right and present managers of players spreading bullshit to get prices up, etc. Very difficult to believe anyone in football really. And that's the reason why I find it surprising that some people know we were after certain players as an irrefutable fact. I'm just not that confident.

A bit of sensitivity please...his beloved team were beaten last night...

I'm playing Devils Advocate here, but the point remains that we are and always will be in the dark as to the decision making process behind the scenes. Speculation will always rule the day.

One guy who happens to work closely with the club suddenly becomes elevated to some kind of omniscient persona.
Lol. Fazio was not our choice above Musacchio. Trust me.

Yea, fair enough.

Lol. Fazio was not our choice above Musacchio. Trust me.
I didnt say he was, in fact I expressly stated that I was playing Devils Advocate.

90% of stuff thats bandied about as ITK is rubbish, maybe 95%, which to me says it isn't based off actual knowledge, but from speculation, a shotgun tactic that looks good every once in a while when a guess comes to fruition.

There are people who have been saying they are ITK within Spurs for years, yet managed to miss some of the biggest transfers in our history, so forgive me if I take more convincing than others with regards to transfer gossip, especially when it's from people who insist you click a link to their blog to get the info.

Last edited:

Why can't you just accept the fact that Levy's a cunt. He fucks us over every transfer window. Why so many people continue to defend him against all evidence to the contrary is beyond me. Levy's a cunt. Accept it.

And ArcspacE ArcspacE are you not supposed to be ignoring me, you fucking lego playing psychofuck? Was thinking about you yesterday, by the way. Was in Toys R Us buying Lego for my 6 year old daughter. Pretty sure she's their target market. Or people who act that age anyway.[/QUOTE]
I think he is on probation!

I didnt say he was, in fact I expressly stated that I was playing Devils Advocate.

90% of stuff thats bandied about as ITK is rubbish, maybe 95%, which to me says it isn't based off actual knowledge, but from speculation, a shotgun tactic that looks good every once in a while when a guess comes to fruition.

There are people who have been saying they are ITK within Spurs for years, yet managed to miss some of the biggest transfers in our history, so forgive me if I take more convincing thatn others with regards to tranfer gossip, especially when it's from people who insist you click a link to their blog to get the info.
This isn't ITK. I can't stand that nonsense.

These are journalists, one trusted by the club to do their official annual and one the representative of the local rag. They don't claim to know things from clandestine members of the club. They say exactly who told them what.

Both their jobs, Bridge not so much anymore, rely on a good working relationship with the club. They wouldn't risk that for internet points. Both still have that relationship with the club which suggests they haven't run afoul of the club with their releases.

They aren't Agent_ITK.

Re: Musacchio
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...enham-target-mateo-musacchio-explains-4176391

Mateo Musacchio claims Tottenham didn't offer him or Villarreal enough money to move to White Hart Lane this summer.

The Argentine defender was believed to be very close to a move to north London this offseason but a transfer failed to materialise.

After discussions stalled Spurs turned their attentions to Federico Fazio snapping up the former Sevilla defender at the end of last month.

And now 24-year-old Musacchio has spoken out to suggest the deal broke down when not enough cash was brought to the negotiation table.

"When you get offers they have to be good for the club and for the player," he told Estadio Deportivo. "In this case it wasn’t good enough for either, so in the end it didn’t happen and I’m carrying on here.

"My head is here. I was always certain that I would continue to give 100 per cent, like I always have."

While obviously keen on a move to the Premier League, Musacchio has reiterated his happiness at remaining at the Madrigal.

"I’m fine here. I never said I wanted to leave and I never forced the situation," he added.

"This is my home. I’ve been here since I was very young, I am comfortable here and for that reason I didn’t feel the need to leave."

I didn't pick the Mirror in particular, there's many other publications sharing the same story.

Why can't you just accept the fact that Levy's a cunt. He fucks us over every transfer window. Why so many people continue to defend him against all evidence to the contrary is beyond me. Levy's a cunt. Accept it.
Did I defend Levy?

This isn't ITK. I can't stand that nonsense.

These are journalists, one trusted by the club to do their official annual and one the representative of the local rag. They don't claim to know things from clandestine members of the club. They say exactly who told them what.

Both their jobs, Pearce not so much anymore, rely on a good working relationship with the club. They wouldn't risk that for internet points. Both still have that relationship with the club which suggests they haven't run afoul of the club with their releases.

They aren't Agent_ITK.
Do you have an example of where they say exactly who told them what? I'm not familiar with these people you speak of.

Both have Twitter accounts full of that stuff. Neither have a blog for clickbait.

Pearce's articles are on the Hackney Gazette website and Tottenham Journal if it matters.
I'll take a look, by the same token of not believing things, I'm not going to discredit these guys without looking at their articles etc.

:adethumbup:

It basically confirms we went for the cheap option. Again. As we did with Stambouli and so many others. It's why the team is going backwards while the ENIC profit margin continues to grow.

Again, you get what you pay for. If we have such a good youth system, why can't we gradually bring them up while sprinkling in a 25 Million difference maker? You know instead of buying 5 guyes for 10-15 who might turn into something special, we just get 2 25 mill guys who we can count on.

Back
Top Bottom