Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s all relative....I’d be happy with 5th or 6th under Poch too if he was winning silverware and we were playing good football.

I’d rather have won the EL four times than played in the CL four times personally

Win it once and you're in the CL the following year tho.

:troll:

So we'd play more entertaining football but the results would be worse than they are now. What's the point? For a long time in our history we were an entertaining side playing the tottenham way not achieving shit. We've got a very good squad, we need to keep them together and add to it, not bring someone in who is more entertaining but gets worse results.

You’ve completely misconstrued what I’ve said. Almost reversed it. I believe success comes from good methodology and working practices. Not from prioritising “entertainment”. I preferred AVB to Redknapp, very few people would have said I’m making the “entertainment” choice there.

You’ve completely misconstrued what I’ve said. Almost reversed it. I believe success comes from good methodology and working practices. Not from prioritising “entertainment”. I preferred AVB to Redknapp, very few people would have said I’m making the “entertainment” choice there.
You said if you liked what you watched you'd be ok with 5th or 6th, which would we be worse league standings than last season. I think Poch's methodology and working practices are working out very well for him so far. if you don't believe they are good how have we achieved top 4 four years in a row and made a champions league final?

Disagree, But but point is he’s won a shitload more than Redknapp in his career.

That’s not really comparable, getting by far the best teams in their respective leagues. Soon as AVB came to a decent league with Chelsea and us his limitation where there for everyone to see. If I ain’t a winning things I want entertainment, AVB provided neither.

You said if you liked what you watched you'd be ok with 5th or 6th, which would we be worse league standings than last season. I think Poch's methodology and working practices are working out very well for him so far. if you don't believe they are good how have we achieved top 4 four years in a row and made a champions league final?

I think his methods were great but I think he’s diluted them and lost some focus and our football has suffered the last two years accordingly. Our performances and results the last 5 months of last season were that of a mid table, badly coached team. If f they continue we won’t finish top 4 this season.

As I said above, (when I said I’m ambivalent not militant about him staying or going) if he could get his head out of his arse, stop fucking bitching every week, start making some tough, better decisions and get back some of that former focus, energy and intensity, I’ll be back on board. If not then let’s get someone in who can.

Agree up until last season whether it be good luck and ignorance we got to the biggest domestic cup final there is and by rights we shouldn’t have but we never gave up in certain games and as said with luck we made it! Now with the same attitude and the willingness we were more than capable of winning one or possibly more domestic cups In Pochettino tenure but we haven’t......why?

Because the manager has instilled into his team that the domestics are worth fuck all, so that do or die tackle that might risk a twisted ankle doesn’t get made.......that header that risks a broken nose doesn’t get jumped for.

In the CL, the risks are worth it......our players don’t go all in for the Carabou. It’s just ego building to win it after all....

Yeah, that’s why Redknapp’s had a more successful career than Guardiola and Mourinho (and AVB), because being a moron works better and wotnot....
Jose and Pep aren’t morons though and play ( at least once upon a time for Jose) good football.

AVB walked into a ready made Porto team and won some stuff, then turned Chelsea and Spurs shit, got sacked twice then went to Russia where no one gives a shit.

If you enjoyed AVBs era over Redknapps because AVB had a big folder, then good for you

That’s one cup more than Poch.....shall we compare the value of players available when Harry won a trophy....
So now you are going to compare prices of players in those days to the ones now. Absolute donkey you are.

Ramos won more cups than Harry for us. Ramos also won more in his life than Harry. Lets bring back the 'cup winner'. Are you deliberately being stupid?

So now you are going to compare prices of players in those days to the ones now. Absolute donkey you are.

Ramos won more cups than Harry for us. Ramos also won more in his life than Harry. Lets bring back the 'cup winner'. Are you deliberately being stupid?

In those days? It was 2008 not 1964, and he won the cup with Portsmouth.

Ramos won more than Poch too by the way

Say......aren't you that geriatric, pervert psychopath from the other thread?

I think his methods were great but I think he’s diluted them and lost some focus and our football has suffered the last two years accordingly. Our performances and results the last 5 months of last season were that of a mid table, badly coached team. If f they continue we won’t finish top 4 this season.

As I said above, (when I said I’m ambivalent not militant about him staying or going) if he could get his head out of his arse, stop fucking bitching every week, start making some tough, better decisions and get back some of that former focus, energy and intensity, I’ll be back on board. If not then let’s get someone in who can.
If that happens will you give some blame to Levy for appointing him?
To me it's just crazy to discuss Poch being sacked after all he's done for the club. How long do you give the new man before calling for his head?

To me it's just crazy to discuss Poch being sacked after all he's done for the club. How long do you give the new man before calling for his head?

Blame for what?

Wouldn't that imply hiring Poch was a bad thing?

Apart from maybe The Hood; surely nobody here thinks that????

I've never had a problem criticising Levy for what I think he deserves criticising for.

If Levy makes a bad appointment or even a good appointment but doesn't create the right environment for them to succeed I'll criticise him. As I did with AVB or Ramos.

I'm not exactly calling for Poch's head, or calling for it after 5 minutes or 5 bad results. Levy's made Pochettino the fifth highest paid manager in the world, and given him 5 year contracts and virtually complete autonomy to run the club how he wants it run. No DOF. He's been here for over 5 years. Pochettino has spent the last two years moaning about his working environment, whilst overseeing a downturn in performances and results, and was still doing it after signing three of Europe's hot young prospects this summer.

If he can't get us playing decent football agains by the end of this season, his sixth, having all the conditions he has in place, great training facilities, great stadium, shiny new players, great academy prospects etc, then I'm not going to have a problem with us trying to find a progressive guy who will try and isn't going to spend every press conference whining about it.

Back
Top Bottom