Match officials: Bent, incompetent or just trying to do their best.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Michael Oliver is the biggest Cunt of all, and that's saying something. He hates us and always does us over.

He was and still is the only ref to ignore a VAR recommendation to rule out a pen for Woolwich against us, he stuck with his decision.
He was the VAR on friday night that got Biss sent off, the ref saw the foul and gave a yellow, there was no clear and obvious error.
He sent 2 off v Chelsea. I could go on, and if I produce a list of decisions he's made against us, you would all detest him as much as I do.

Last edited:
It seems like it isn’t Ange’s style to call out refs in public, and honestly, knowing our luck if he did, he’d get a two game ban or something.

So Levy and/or Scott Munn should really hold a meeting with Howard Webb and PGMOL and question what’s happening

Flip the actors. Ben White is up and heading the ball into the net as Bissouma, both arms outstreched, palms wide, running at him, shoves him, pushing him back through the air. Pen given?

Saka into the box with the ball, Richarlison clumsily barges into him from behind, clipping his heels. Saka throws himself down screaming in agony. Pen Given?

:ange-hmm:

Yet none of us want to really admit what we have seen with our own eyes all season.

We'd prefer to gaslight ourselves with shit like "calls even out over a season".

It's already too late for that, we'd need calls every game for the rest of the season and they still wouldn't even out.

Howard Webb, the PGMOL, VAR, the Premier League, none of them are playing us straight up.

Okay what's up with this officiating against us, even unbiased eyes must see we are being harshly treated

I wish Ange would go on a benitez style rant . We'll have no players left soon through injury and suspension because of it

My problem isnt the red tonight. Clear red. And romero was lucky last week. Its the cutting down, kicking of our players early in games. Yeats tonight summed it up. Its happened for months now. Look at udogies yellow compared to what forest got away with. Esp yeats.
I agree- so many flying two footed and scissor tackles- at least 4 in the first half alone. 2nd half lost count. Ben Davies elbowed directly in the face. TV replay showed it in crystal clear focus- No card! Unbelievable.

Whether conscious action or unconscious bias, or somewhere inbetween, I don't know- but something is amiss.

-Our opponents almost never get an early yellow no matter what.
-We collect yellows at a far faster rate than our opponents, and nearly all our marginal reds become reds.
-Opponents rarely booked, sometimes not even awarded a foul, for tackles that are borderline red.
-Opponents escape getting yellow until very late in matches, and then the bent ref awards a few in quick succession to make it look like it was evenly judged.
-We've had one pen awarded total all season. BS.

Last edited:
That push on Romero is scandalous.
How the fuck is that not given as a pen and even perhaps a red card? It's stopping / ruining a clear scoring chance by fouling the opponent with his hands all over him shoving him.
Did not notice that watching live as of course they don't show replays of that nicely.
I bet they don't even mention it on MOTD?
Or if they did, it's kudos to the rapist for stopping a goal by any means necessary, that's title winning stuff right there 🤮

If one of ours did that it's immediately given as a pen no hesitation.

Only the ref and VAR "thought" that was a penalty.
VAR is is either bought or biased or both.
And Bourmmouth's just cancelled goal further convince me that VAR in the EPL is corrupted.

Shocking, particularly when you consider Woolwich’s third goal against us and a penalty on Kulu that wasn’t even looked at.

Meanwhile they get a soft pen and goal disallowed for Raya being gently nudged

It’s hard not to look at it & not see that it’s corrupt . Every week , there’s questionable decisions …. Too much money = corruption

GCdwQFZXMAAbZz7

So, Gillete was the ref today and he was the VAR that gave Romero a red and chelsea a pen for a challenge that wasn't as bad.

I think he's bent.

Apart from when it's against Spurs, of course.

Danilo got a yellow for doing just that against us.

And what about Eddie Nketiah trying to break Vicario's legs early in the season - only given a yellow for the clearest out of control and dangerous lunge you could imagine?

My problem isnt the red tonight. Clear red. And romero was lucky last week. Its the cutting down, kicking of our players early in games. Yeats tonight summed it up. Its happened for months now. Look at udogies yellow compared to what forest got away with. Esp yeats.

Back
Top Bottom