Match officials: Bent, incompetent or just trying to do their best.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only the ref and VAR "thought" that was a penalty.
VAR is is either bought or biased or both.
And Bourmmouth's just cancelled goal further convince me that VAR in the EPL is corrupted.

Shocking, particularly when you consider Woolwich’s third goal against us and a penalty on Kulu that wasn’t even looked at.

Meanwhile they get a soft pen and goal disallowed for Raya being gently nudged

Something is fundamentally wrong with VaR. Whenever I watch a European game the standard of referring is vastly superior to the prem. we are at least in a ref sense a farmers league.

Every single corner Ben white fouls the kepper and is never penalised, including both the goals vs us too.

Then the slightest of contact on Raya and a foul is given. It´s hard to take it seriously really.

I don´t know about corruption but I think Artetas rant after a correct decision went against them must have created a subconcious pressure to give decisions their way.

The number of soft penalties they get and almost nothing against is getting to the point of inexplicable. Even the most blatant pen imaginable on Davies was not given in real time.

It´s making a mockery of the league really, hard to watch.

Last edited:
The first corner Ben white tries to take off Vicarios gloves the second one he blatantly pushes into the keeper zero attempt to play the ball at all. Constant leaving a leg to create a trip too, it cannot be random, either. They are practicing cheating basically and the prem is doing nothing about it.

I'm not sure I agree with the refs are only helping woolwich to keep the title race going until the final day. Unfortunately I think it's much worse then that, woolwich have been getting ridiculous decisions all season, e.g the Man U "offside" goal, the penalty handball that wasn't given against Liverpool, the disgraceful display by the refs in our game. For me it's been happening a lot of the season.

The league is corrupt, City need to up their game because the refs are going to be trying everything to manufacture a draw/lose for them in one of their games

It’s hard not to look at it & not see that it’s corrupt . Every week , there’s questionable decisions …. Too much money = corruption

If the refs are honest and have some balls, lego head would have been suspended for at least 4 times from various bookings for venturing out of the technical box.

I hope clubs are whistle-blowing to the PGMOL (yes they are cunts as well) to crack down on his behaviour. Because it's really an unsporting gesture, much less breaking the rules knowingly.

I think we need to make a stand. Start blatantly undoing the scouse keeper's gloves. Ben White got away with it and the Premier League officials are laughing at us through their twitter. Or go full-send and start pulling the keepers shorts down or tying their boot laces together. It will be on camera, we'll get booked, but at least it will be a talking point for the media so we can show how bent the officials are and we have to live with.

Last edited:
I think we need to make a stand. Start blatantly undoing the scouse keeper's gloves. Ben White got away with it and the Premier League officials are laughing at us through their twitter. Or go full-send and start pulling the keepers shorts down or tying their boot laces together. It will bgfe on camera, we'll get booked, but at least it will be a training point for the media so we can show how bent the officials are
I like it. Madders could really undo the keeper's gloves and let out the wry smile. He's the only suitable 'prick' we have left to do such thing. If it's a booking so be it. Lo Celso can come on earlier for him.

But Tottenham Hotspur FC is too elegant a club to do this.

I wonder how far off we are from having foreign refs in the PL (and English ones reffing abroad, naturally) during a Domestic season...

Might put an end to all the 'favourtism' theory...

It won't.

Refs just follow the.PGMOL directive.

The refs aren't the issue it's the governing body who they are working under who sets the rules.

It won't.

Refs just follow the.PGMOL directive.

The refs aren't the issue it's the governing body who they are working under who sets the rules.

What they do is leave intentional grey areas so they can pick and choose how they want to interpret each week.

It’s plain as day hiding in plain sight but there are still people that don’t want to admit what they see with their own eyes

In the last 2 games, Woolwich have had 6 VAR decision wrongfully go their way.
Just wait until City get some major calls go against them in their next few games. Happy to eat my words but I have little faith in the league officiating.

I’m going to bet on Spurs beating City, it’s the perfect narrative. All of a sudden expect decisions to go our way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom