Lucas Bergvall

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hasn’t the window closed and we haven’t announced him yet? I’m missing something here…

He is unable to sign a contract in England until aged 18 - he is 18 today (2nd Feb) one day after window closed, so he cannot be registered until window re-opens in summer.

Which is why he will officially join in the summer.

And all that assumes that Spurs announce officially that he has signed his contract today, completed his medical etc ..............

I'm not too sure on that mate, though I suspect there is an element of truth in what you say.

Personally, I think it's more likely that those biggest clubs will bring their wages down in the main. PSR limits everyone to a 70% cap on wages Vs turnover. Looking at Swiss ramble, for the 21/22 season, there are 9 clubs exceeding this, feckin PSG are at 111%!!! Chelsea were at 71%, but will exceed that now after the ridiculous wages they're going to be paying out to that Billion pounds of player acquisitions since then.

Again, much of this will depend on whether PSR actually bites, rather than just baring its teeth, but I honestly think that more clubs will get nearer to our wage structure, rather than us having to significantly raise ours to compete, although I do expect ours to go up somewhat.

I'm going to have a little stab at this and say that ours will get up to somewhere around the 55-60% mark, with others reducing to that threshold.

Let's revisit this in a couple of years to see just how accurate, or not, my prediction is.

Yeh I suspect our wage ceiling will rise a little and bring a round of payrises over the coming years; much like it did in 2018 when a lot of our key players extended their deals around the same time in an attempt to ensure they were all locked down for their peak years.

Everyone swooning over this guy’s looks, as happened with VDV… is that the English ideal, straight blond hair, blue eyes, aquiline nose, etc.

Only two players I’ve seen get this kind of reaction. Real question from a New Yorker

Dragu & Bentancur (and prev. Gazzaniga) also got the boys swooning....... As did Kranjcar.

Last edited:
Everyone swooning over this guy’s looks, as happened with VDV… is that the English ideal, straight blond hair, blue eyes, aquiline nose, etc.

Only two players I’ve seen get this kind of reaction. Real question from a New Yorker
A certain 1930's evil dictator would have loved him.

To be fair, it's not too different from what more than just a few on here have said . If they don't want to play for Spurs, then they're not wanted.

It hits completely different in a public statement from a club icon and spokesperson...... Towards a 17 year old.

It's also incredibly arrogant and demeaning to suggest someone is in service to you before they've ever been employed by you.

Right, the muse has struck me. No musical snobbery, we need another ABBA song, as everyone knows the tune (and we can do a Kulu mega mix). To the tune of Waterloo…

My my! With Dragusin, Bayern did surrender,
Oh yeah! Now Lucas will meet Destiny in quite a similar way,

The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself….

Bergvall - Barca defeated we won the war,
Bergvall - promise to love you for ever more
Bergvall - playing for spurs ‘cause he wanted to
Bergvall - knowing our fate is to be with you

Woah woah woah woah! Bergvall!
Playing for Spurs ‘cause he wanted to

(Going for a lie down now.)

It hits completely different in a public statement from a club icon and spokesperson...... Towards a 17 year old.

It's also incredibly arrogant and demeaning to suggest someone is in service to you before they've ever been employed by you.
Wasn't it a Cruyff quote?

I don't think they threw a seance to get him to say it directly towards that 17 year old.

I get what you say though, Barcelona showing all the class of a jilted Veruka Salt.

I don't think they threw a seance to get him to say it directly towards that 17 year old.

I get what you say though, Barcelona showing all the class of a jilted Veruka Salt.
They’re using a Cruyff quote from years ago in their copium phase.
So butt hurt about it.
Their time has gone. They don’t have tuppence to scratch their arse these days. Not the greatest choice for anyone who isn’t a die hard schoolboy fan to wonder if they will have the money to pay your wages without creative accounting- again.

HAAAAA... Yes it appears to have slipped my mind that Cruyff is dead.

In some respects even more class-less if you think about it.

I'm not too sure on that mate, though I suspect there is an element of truth in what you say.

Personally, I think it's more likely that those biggest clubs will bring their wages down in the main. PSR limits everyone to a 70% cap on wages Vs turnover. Looking at Swiss ramble, for the 21/22 season, there are 9 clubs exceeding this, feckin PSG are at 111%!!! Chelsea were at 71%, but will exceed that now after the ridiculous wages they're going to be paying out to that Billion pounds of player acquisitions since then.

Again, much of this will depend on whether PSR actually bites, rather than just baring its teeth, but I honestly think that more clubs will get nearer to our wage structure, rather than us having to significantly raise ours to compete, although I do expect ours to go up somewhat.

I'm going to have a little stab at this and say that ours will get up to somewhere around the 55-60% mark, with others reducing to that threshold.

Let's revisit this in a couple of years to see just how accurate, or not, my prediction is.

If wages come down it won’t be quickly because the highest earners are often on long contracts and whilst they have those long contracts new signings will demand parity to join

For example Mbappe or Haaland to Real, they aren’t going to take a pay cut to go. Real will still want to sign them.

The reality is that we pay half what the biggest clubs pay. We have the kind of talent those clubs want and we have to get closer to them or we will find it tough to keep our biggest talents.

Dragu & Bentancur (and prev. Gazzaniga) also got the boys swooning....... As did Kranjcar.

I'll throw in Ginola and Barbartov to the male swoon-mix!

I'd have turned for Dimi!!!

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Back
Top Bottom