Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moving house so spent all yesterday painting and glossing and recorded game for later,after 2 minutes i felt like turning it off(but didnt)as i knew the righting was on the wall.As has been pointed out by everyone apart from Jan casually leaning on the wall like a schoolboy waiting for his next lesson in school the others all looked nervous and frightened to death.They looked beat before a ball was even kicked.
Its amazing how much weve regressed as a team who we finished ahead of last year has beat us a combined 9-0 over 2 games.
Roll on next year with a new manager and some(not 7) new faces int he squad

Well if we don't get 4th which we won't

If you neither have the squad nor the intention to go all the way and win the Europa trophy, might as well not qualify for the tournament.

Liverpool did not have European distractions this season, see how much better and more consistent they're playing?

Just landed back in NI. Sat in the Kop for all this, was awful for me but didn't have anything to get excited about

1) Poor all over, Nacer and Eriksen looked only ones trying, thought Gylfi was decent too.
2) Tim Shewood is a cunt
3) Standing in apparently the 'hardcore' section of the Kop was something else, unbelievable noise created by them, they knew I was a Spurs fan and the fella beside me tried to get 'Ginger Yid Wanker' going haha, the men behind told him I was doing no harm

The main point of this post was even though it was unbelievably poor from us, I still wouldn't have done anything else than watch us, love the club but as something needs done.

Just landed back in NI. Sat in the Kop for all this, was awful for me but didn't have anything to get excited about

1) Poor all over, Nacer and Eriksen looked only ones trying, thought Gylfi was decent too.
2) Tim Shewood is a cunt
3) Standing in apparently the 'hardcore' section of the Kop was something else, unbelievable noise created by them, they knew I was a Spurs fan and the fella beside me tried to get 'Ginger Yid Wanker' going haha, the men behind told him I was doing no harm

The main point of this post was even though it was unbelievably poor from us, I still wouldn't have done anything else than watch us, love the club but as something needs done.
Football is weird, I thought he was one of our worst players.

1st timer here - ill keep it brief.

1st team didn't turn up, I spent most of the game having a pod noodle and a tug. Anyways timmy did look like someone had shat under his right eye.

I was very frustrated at half-time on Sunday that - despite some terrible defending - we'd actually had opportunities to get level. We'd found our attacking players in great positions but wasted the chance to exploit these. Anyway, I've written this today to highlight some of these.

What do you think these are down to - a lack of cohesion? A lack of a game plan? The players unfamiliar with one another? Stupid players? A lack of confidence? Bad luck? Good defending? Or a combination of some/all of these?

I was very frustrated at half-time on Sunday that - despite some terrible defending - we'd actually had opportunities to get level. We'd found our attacking players in great positions but wasted the chance to exploit these. Anyway, I've written this today to highlight some of these.

What do you think these are down to - a lack of cohesion? A lack of a game plan? The players unfamiliar with one another? Stupid players? A lack of confidence? Bad luck? Good defending? Or a combination of some/all of these?

Confidence is at an all time low I'm sure, you can just tell by how the players carry themselves on the pitch. We've still got a quality squad they just have no direction, no leader, no manager. It has to be demoralizing as fuck to have such high expectations at the start of the season only for the heart of your team to get ripped out at the last possible minute. Then afew months later the manager is axed before christmas even when you've still got all to play for after God only knows how much infighting going on behind the scenes because absolute cunts like tim fuckface sherwood don't know how to shut the fuck up and collect their fuckn pay check that they shouldn't of even been getting. Ahhh fuck it I couldn't even be arsed ffs with AVB and Baldini here what the fuck did the baldy midget cunt have sherwood still on our payroll for other than to undermine our fucking manager and DoF it's beggars belief that levy allowed this fucking little gooner shit stain to destroy our season. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as when it comes to football levy has proven to pretty much be a stupid fucking idiot too. We need LvG but I won't hold my breath the midget will probably appoint another managerial prodigy and subsequently axe him before he's been given a fair crack of the whip too.

:adethumbup:

Bit of all of them tbh. Good blog post.

I didn't like the starting formation before we kicked off and sure enough within 4 seconds we had given the ball away. We couldn't even retain the ball for 4 seconds! Compare that to the second half where they kicked off - they retained possession for over a 1 min before we conceded a free kick (so they still have the ball...)

We just had no confidence, no self belief. The body language was dire. The only 2 people who actually looked like they wanted to play for us were Eriksen and Chadli.

That said I don't think our players are technically poor. Thanks for the article WindyCOYS WindyCOYS I agree you make some decent points.

When Sherwood came in he made a big song and dance about "giving the players freedom to express themselves" and how he "didn't have to tell them what to do (as they were all experienced talented footballers)". It's pretty obvious to me that none of the players are playing to a system (as opposed to Liverpool who all know exactly what they are doing) and have a clue what they are doing. This is Sherwood's job. If we had been beaten by a superior team - fine, but those Liverpool players are not (Suarez aside) superior to the Tottenham players we had available. Sherwood is out of his depth and sinking.

I didn't like the starting formation before we kicked off and sure enough within 4 seconds we had given the ball away. We couldn't even retain the ball for 4 seconds! Compare that to the second half where they kicked off - they retained possession for over a 1 min before we conceded a free kick (so they still have the ball...)

We just had no confidence, no self belief. The body language was dire. The only 2 people who actually looked like they wanted to play for us were Eriksen and Chadli.

That said I don't think our players are technically poor. Thanks for the article WindyCOYS WindyCOYS I agree you make some decent points.

When Sherwood came in he made a big song and dance about "giving the players freedom to express themselves" and how he "didn't have to tell them what to do (as they were all experienced talented footballers)". It's pretty obvious to me that none of the players are playing to a system (as opposed to Liverpool who all know exactly what they are doing) and have a clue what they are doing. This is Sherwood's job. If we had been beaten by a superior team - fine, but those Liverpool players are not (Suarez aside) superior to the Tottenham players we had available. Sherwood is out of his depth and sinking.

Good points. Main difference of course being Rodgers has had 21 months in charge, Sherwood has had 3 and a half months - he's been in charge six times longer. He's also had time to acquire the players he wants and has has been relatively lucky to not have suffered too many injuries (other than Lucas) so has been able to pick from the same set of players for much of the season (aside form Suarez's ban).

I agree that I'd have wanted to have seen more coherence from us under Sherwood, though, even in that short space of time. He and his coaching team got us scoring quickly enough, but have yet to show signs of getting us organised defensively. And on Sunday we looked bereft of ideas and confidence going forward, as my article showed.

Good points. Main difference of course being Rodgers has had 21 months in charge, Sherwood has had 3 and a half months - he's been in charge six times longer. He's also had time to acquire the players he wants and has has been relatively lucky to not have suffered too many injuries (other than Lucas) so has been able to pick from the same set of players for much of the season (aside form Suarez's ban).

I agree that I'd have wanted to have seen more coherence from us under Sherwood, though, even in that short space of time. He and his coaching team got us scoring quickly enough, but have yet to show signs of getting us organised defensively. And on Sunday we looked bereft of ideas and confidence going forward, as my article showed.
Rodgers came off the back of having managed at in the PL elsewhere. So while he may have had longer than Sherwood, he conversely had the experience and knowledge walking into the job that Timothy is severely lacking.

As for getting the players firing when he first came in, did Sherwood really do that? All I saw was a short spell of new manager syndrome and an Adebayor brought in from the cold.

Rodgers came off the back of having managed at in the PL elsewhere. So while he may have had longer than Sherwood, he conversely had the experience and knowledge walking into the job that Timothy is severely lacking.

I agree with this. I think a lot of (more romantic/patriotic fans, not necessarily me) would like a young British/Irish manager who has worked their way up from the lower leagues, looks innovative etc. What we got is essentially someone who has blagged a job he has zero qualifications for.

If we take Spurs as a 'business', ENIC wouldn't put a complete novice in a position of authority in any of their other assets.

Back
Top Bottom