Lubed Up In Liverpool: Liverpool vs Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pathetic performance, Sherwood didn't show his face once and was a fucking disgrace. Only positive was the away atmosphere.

Outstanding showing from the away fans at anfield today; 'it's only 4-0 how shit must you be it's only 4-0' was my personal favourite

Football, a simple working class game, full of passion and emotion. Played by pampered over paid, privileged tw@ts . Tottenham Hotspur Fc needs to re-establish its roots, it's ethos, it's pride. Liverpool have shown, this season it can be done and all credit to them. They seem to promote the working class football ideas , passion football and staying conected to their fans . SG has stayed loyal, top man.

On the train home having gone through 40 odd pages of shit with a small helping of decent comments. Still quite lost for words to describe today's performance. Actually no it was fucking abysmal. But we've come to expect that of spurs this season. And that's one of the worst things. That we, spurs, have basically been reduced to EXPECTING to get absolutely shafted whenever we play a decent team. It's predictable, and never in my life have I ever thought that watching spurs would be predictable.

On the train home having gone through 40 odd pages of shit with a small helping of decent comments. Still quite lost for words to describe today's performance. Actually no it was fucking abysmal. But we've come to expect that of spurs this season. And that's one of the worst things. That we, spurs, have basically been reduced to EXPECTING to get absolutely shafted whenever we play a decent team. It's predictable, and never in my life have I ever thought that watching spurs would be predictable.

As predictable as that terrible half time entertainment?

Last season our biggest defeats were 2-4 Chelsea and 5-2 Woolwich..
This season.. 0-3 West Ham , 6-0 Man City , 0-5 Liverpool , 1-5 Man City , 4-0 Chelsea and 4-0 Liverpool.

Its been a difficult season.

Got to the game five minutes late, by which time we were a goal down.

At Man City, we sang up and never shut up. They were louder than us there, but only when they scored. In the lulls, and there were plenty, we gave it everything.

Today, the atmosphere was DIRE from our side and Anfield was filled with their voices. At 75 minutes, Spurs found their voices, but by then all there was in us was frustration. More than a few choruses of "Levy, you're a cunt," "we want our Tottenham back," and "where is our manager?"

We are not amused.

At least there will be no false hope from now until the end of the season. I've had trouble wanting Everton to finish above us in the past but I'd rather we didn't qualify for Europe now. We can't compete on one front at the moment, never mind two.

I don't really blame Sherwood, or Lennon, or any of the other scapegoats. Sure, it would have been nice if either of them turned up today, but come on, they aren't the reason we lost heavily again - the reverse fixture proved that. Bottom line is Liverpool kept their best players and fully backed their manager for two seasons.

Overall, our board has made poor footballing decisions and we deserve to be where we are. Yes, certain players and supporters probably deserve better, but even they aren't exactly the majority...

Back
Top Bottom