Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting a manager that will retire soon for long term planning and stability ? Brilliant!

He's 62. Redknapp was 64 when sacked and still going strong at 66. Heynckes retired at 68, Ferguson at 71. Trapattoni is 74, Capello 67. If Van Gaal can give us 5 successful years I wouldn't care!

Getting a manager that will retire soon for long term planning and stability ? Brilliant!

Exactly....people dont seem bothered by the "aaahhh, if a PL club comes I might as well have one last party.....if not fack iiiiiittttt.....Im off to play golf in Barbados innit" attitude

:sandro:

Exactly....people dont seem bothered by the "aaahhh, if a PL club comes I might as well have one last party.....if not fack iiiiiittttt.....Im off to play golf in Barbados innit" attitude

:sandro:
Don't get it twisted. LvG will be keen as fuck to do well. That attitude you suggest is based on him saying if he doesn't get a Prem job he'll retire. Not sure where you've got the idea that that means he won't care about his last job.

Don't get it twisted. LvG will be keen as fuck to do well. That attitude you suggest is based on him saying if he doesn't get a Prem job he'll retire. Not sure where you've got the idea that that means he won't care about his last job.

I was joking to some extent. But he hardly sounds desperate for one last gig...

"After the World Cup I shall retire or, if there is a Premier League club, I shall think about it. I want to work in the Premier League because that is the league I have not worked in yet,"
"I want to coach here in the Premier League because I think Spain, Germany and England are the strongest competitions. That is an ambition and who knows,"

I was joking to some extent. But he hardly sounds desperate for one last gig...

"After the World Cup I shall retire or, if there is a Premier League club, I shall think about it. I want to work in the Premier League because that is the league I have not worked in yet,"
"I want to coach here in the Premier League because I think Spain, Germany and England are the strongest competitions. That is an ambition and who knows,"
That doesn't mean he won't be an excellent appointment. One quote doesn't outweigh a lifetime of achievement. Dude's got a legacy to protect too.

@ Éperons Éperons

Mate it's Sammy...playing devils advocate and being a cunt is what it does...

Being a cunt?

No, Im just accepting that the guy sounds as happy to retire as he is to continue....not the Louis Van Gaal he would have be 5 years ago imo.

If there's one thing Ive learned from the last few years it's to expect nothing from a big name manager or signing, and have patience with the nobody's.

@ sammyspurs sammyspurs

Tbh I'm still on the fence with Sherwood...

Admittedly Sherwood has turned around avb's form and returned us to winning and scoring goals...

On the other hand our run has been relatively easy bar man city and we all no how that turned out...

City loss changes nothing but his insistence on bentalab and no CDM worries me, hopefully with the few players we have just got back he can drop both bentaleb and Lennon and push forward into the game against everton....

IMHO barring a Sherwood miracle LVG will be our manager next season...his record would place him probably as the biggest manager to come to our club but on the other hand his managerial style seems to rub certain players/managers/boards the wrong way and am unsure whether he will be the fit ppl seem to think he will be...

Cheer up bud, I may call you a negative cunt but generally enjoy your opinion/ banter

COYS

Being a cunt?

No, Im just accepting that the guy sounds as happy to retire as he is to continue....not the Louis Van Gaal he would have be 5 years ago imo.

If there's one thing Ive learned from the last few years it's to expect nothing from a big name manager or signing, and have patience with the nobody's.
LvG transcends ''big name'', if you're referring to AVB as the big name. I think you underestimate the pride and arrogance of Van Gaal to think he'd ever take a job if his heart wasn't 100% in it. He'd just love, love, to prove himself in this League, making us a force and tell the whole World just how good he is.

There are many similarities between what he could do with us and what he did with AZ.

LvG transcends ''big name'', if you're referring to AVB as the big name. I think you underestimate the pride and arrogance of Van Gaal to think he'd ever take a job if his heart wasn't 100% in it. He'd just love, love, to prove himself in this League, making us a force and tell the whole World just how good he is.

There are many similarities between what he could do with us and what he did with AZ.

That's fair enough.....but what Im pointing out is that the Van Gaal you speak of might have been the Van Gaal who didnt have one eye on retirement.

Which clearly, he does at this time in his life.

He may snap out of it and stay 10 years......he may have one fight with Levy in 6 months and think "fuck this, Barbados it is...."

All Im saying, is that I'd be happier if he spoke about the things you mentioned instead of basically saying "Im retiring but if Spurs offer me a job I'll think about it"

That's fair enough.....but what Im pointing out is that the Van Gaal you speak of might have been the Van Gaal who didnt have one eye on retirement.

Which clearly, he does at this time in his life.

He may snap out of it and stay 10 years......he may have one fight with Levy in 6 months and think "fuck this, Barbados it is...."

All Im saying, is that I'd be happier if he spoke about the things you mentioned instead of basically saying "Im retiring but if Spurs offer me a job I'll think about it"

I'm hoping he's just playing Levy......

and no he'll doubt end up replacing Moyes anyway.

Back
Top Bottom