Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I genuinely believe we stood a chance if Moyes wasn't sacked. Realistically we were the only other PL club that could offer him a reasonable callenge.

The allure of Manure is as irresistable to a foreign manager as dung is to a dung beatle. They have a history not far of Real Madrid and some very recent golden years under Fergie, with Moyes out of the way I suppose Van Gaal see the job of building a new era as very exciting. I agree though we would have offered him a great challenge but I guess he didn't want that.

lvgfyjt4.gif

Uuuf I'm a happy man.

One thing is for sure he will have immense pressure on him to make champions league. Even though Moyes fucked up, this will probably be LVG hardest challenge and it will be interesting if the fans will have patience with him if they go on a run like Moyes did.

Been saying it for a while but Ive felt he would work better with them than us.
He is like a Dutch Fergie, authoritarian, abrassive - but great if you get on his good side. They respond to that sort of management - he will fit.
With us? I just dont see our squad reacting positively to it.

One thing is for sure he will have immense pressure on him to make champions league. Even though Moyes fucked up, this will probably be LVG hardest challenge and it will be interesting if the fans will have patience with him if they go on a run like Moyes did.

The difference is they will give him a large wedge to make it possible .
Our most probably yes man manager will have to scrap around with
a few shekel's .

A lot depends on how much they spend this summer, I dont think too much of their squad as it is.

The thing is, with the premier league, these days you need a decent system and you are competitive. A couple of excellent players and you are contenders.

If LVG sets them up as hard to beat and able to enjoy a bit of possession then the likes of Rooney/RVP/1 or 2 marquee buys could make the critical difference.

well that's manure sorted and well on their way to challenging for the title again next season and they haven't even bought any new players yet lol

lets wait and see what masterstroke levy pulls out now

I'm sure he'll do fine but the evil little bastard in me would love to see it prove a disaster for the second straight appointment and start a Leeds like tumble down the leagues

Disappointed by this news. Not so much because he hasn't come to us, but more that after all his mouthing off about being a success and better than everybody else he's just taken the easy route - much like Mourinho does.

I hope he goes on a poor run and has the Trafford faithful on his back. Alas, I have a feeling that won't happen.

Disappointed by this news. Not so much because he hasn't come to us, but more that after all his mouthing off about being a success and better than everybody else he's just taken the easy route - much like Mourinho does.

I hope he goes on a poor run and has the Trafford faithful on his back. Alas, I have a feeling that won't happen.

don't be bitter mate lol

he's taken on a good challenge and with manure he'll get the funds to build his own squad which they badly need in key areas

with levy he'd of likely nutted him by christmas, he's not an idiot he knows this

Back
Top Bottom