Lost: the spirit of Tottenham Hotspur.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The club look at 1882 like we are terrorists. Constantly getting filmed when we are inside WHL, having stewards film '1882 related people' (which is utter bollocks) at away games.
Anyone seen this bloke at away games, if you're a regular you 100% have:
FPbWMGJl.jpg

He was filming fans at Old Trafford who were chanting on the concourse, when someone questioned him he reply the footage was for 'personal use'.
Why can't the club understand that 1882 aren't hooligans, aren't smoke bomb throwing idiots, just passionate fans who are fed up of sitting in silence!

The club look at 1882 like we are terrorists. Constantly getting filmed when we are inside WHL, having stewards film '1882 related people' (which is utter bollocks) at away games.
FPbWMGJl.jpg

He was filming fans at Old Trafford who were chanting on the concourse, when someone questioned him he reply the footage was for 'personal use'.
Why can't the club understand that 1882 aren't hooligans, aren't smoke bomb throwing idiots, just passionate fans who are fed up of sitting in silence!

I feel like a face-to-face between the club and the individuals they've targeted would be a good step towards this but if there's no admission on the club's part of suspicion...we're sort of without an obvious solution.

FPbWMGJl.jpg

Surely if someone is filming you and when questioned responds "It's for personal use" it's an offence without your consent?

Surely if someone is filming you and when questioned responds "It's for personal use" it's an offence without your consent?
"Persistent or aggressive photography of a single individual may come under the legal definition of harassment."

Maybe, I think you would not have a case against such filming though. You can take photographs of people in the public and not have to care about what they think, unless it's bordering to harassment of course.

FPbWMGJl.jpg

This is ridiculous!!!!

FPbWMGJl.jpg

What a shifty looking fucker.

I bet he's reading this as well. Aren't you, you cunt? :lamelawtf:

A great piece and sadly very true.
Money, health and safety, television and hooliganism have all turned the glory game we once had into the sterile thing we see today.
I am in my early fifties and when I was a lad after choosing which team you were going to support the next biggest thing to do would be to get to a match. Going to a match and showing you could stand on your own two feet was a rite of passage and was followed by different parts of the ground (Paxton, Shelf, Park Lane) and away matches as you got older. I was able to get to matches at home or any other part of London for under a fiver and get to most away matches for under ten quid, this I did by working part-time when I was at school. Nowadays a home match, transport and a couple of beers is usually about a hundred quid and keeps the matches I watch to a minimum.
Children/Young Adults are being born to older parents now and are not able to afford matches like we could and get the same satisfaction from going as we could. You can't meet up with all your schoolmates and choose where your'e going to stand and you certainly can't sing half the songs we did at fortress WHL anymore.
Spurs like most other Premiership clubs had to tackle hooliganism and terrace crushing catastrophes by becoming all seater and knowing who's in those seats. It has cut out a lot of trouble inside grounds and we haven't had anymore crowd disasters but your atmosphere has gone with it. How many of us nowadays will shout what we want at player's, ref's and other supporters without knowing we are on film and our membership is known by all at the club.
I'm hoping the new ground and the standing areas project will be able to give us back some of the sparkle the club used to have and bring in a younger generation to sing their hearts out for the lads without the worry of CCTV and stewards.
Still love the club but does the club still love us?

"Persistent or aggressive photography of a single individual may come under the legal definition of harassment."

Maybe, I think you would not have a case against such filming though. You can take photographs of people in the public and not have to care about what they think, unless it's bordering to harassment of course.

What if there was a child in amongst that support, would it be allowed then?

What if there was a child in amongst that support, would it be allowed then?

Yes.

If it's recurring photographing and/or filming of a specific person I think you'd be able to push for harassment. Which sadly means he could probably record you, but if you in an action against that would start filming him, he would probably be deemed harassed but not you, if he wouldn't be targeting you as a specific individual of the group.
Intent is important.

I never got round to posting this online but an email chain between me and my mates in 2012 upon hearing the news that old loyalty points, garnered by mates and me following spurs absolutely everywhere when we were shitter and more hopeless than ever, late 90s and early 00s etc, went a little like this...
Some of the comments from my mate (looking back now) are pertinent and fucking funny

My mate:

Our ticketing empire that had conquered Europe is now in tatters. I am crying real tears.

9.1 From the start of the 2012/13 season we are making some changes to the loyalty point system to ensure that those supporters that continue to regularly attend matches are recognised when we come to allocate tickets for the most popular matches away from White Hart Lane.
Moving forward the points total held by One Hotspur Season Ticket Holders and Members will consist of the points gained in the previous 4 full seasons, as well as the current campaign.

For example, for the start of the 2012/13 season the points gained for continuous membership will be totalled for the following seasons:
- 2008/09
- 2009/10
- 2010/11
- 2011/12

In addition, this total will be added to by any points gained during the 2012/13 season.

At the end of next season, then any points from the 2008/09 season will fall away to be replaced by points gained during the 2012/13 and also through the forthcoming 2013/14 season.

Me:
I can't complain personally at that, as I have become the disgraceful part timer (wedding coming up etc/balls generally in a vice from weekend work)that the ticket office have on their radar but for you two and loads of similar fans, you might as well have got a letter in the post with a used toilet paper attached complete with a dark brown smudge and stench with the letter reading 'thanks for the last 10-12 years regards thfc ticket office'.

Cue the dawning of a new era of spurs away fan with a two song repertoire of 'oh when the spurs' and the 'Sloop John B' tune with any rubbish lyrics shoehorned into it.yawn.

My mate:

I received said soiled piece of Aldi toilet paper accompanied by a used condom (also smeared with aforementioned smudge) in the post yesterday. The note attached read:

Dear loyal Tottenham fan,

Thank you for spending on average £3000+ a year (£6,000+ in Champions League season) on following Spurs since we introduced the loyalty point scheme back in 2002. As you well know it has almost entirely been a joyless waste of time and effort bar the following games (West Ham away x3 and Woolwich, once). We are aware that you may have nigh-on bankrupted yourself and ruined relationships having to travel to unpleasant destinations (Hull, Middlesbrough) often in midweek, and regularly put your job on the line to visit countries that once there you have been treated like an Iraqi in Guantanamo Bay (Seville, Twente, Nijmegen, Krakow). Your support has been unstinting, but now we would like you to just go and bloody well piss off while we supplant you with a load of cretins unable to do anything other than dangle knuckles in the air to ‘Oh when the Spurs’ .

Please leave quietly safe in the knowledge that we have enjoyed taking your money and putting it towards Darren Bent and David Bentley. We hope you have enjoyed the many hours of frustration dealing with the ticketing part of our website that even Bill Gates would struggle to navigate, or using our phonelines which may well be expensive, long winded and staffed by morons, but does help us pay Bentley’s £200,000+ a month wages.

Just one more thing, don’t forget to renew your season ticket by May 15! If you do, we will insult your age and intelligence by sending you a gift set containing a keyring that only the most determined of Tottenham paedos would actually use.

Yours, with a middle finger extended,

Tottenham Hotspur

I just feel so fucking pissed off with the cunts who run this club. Destroying the soul of it. I could almost bare it if we actually won trophies but we still don't.

Tromso we had an excuse you cunt. We was completely fucked and more on eating hot dogs.

:ledleylick:

Those Hot Dogs in the ground were the bollocks! Leaving early meant we got to sing Coldplay in the minibus back to that Polar Bear pub so I was more than happy with the choice...

PARA PARA

PARADISE!

Back
Top Bottom