Lost: the spirit of Tottenham Hotspur.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trouble is my man, the atmosphere problem lies with people who may not even know this board exists, the majority on here do care, thats why we are typing about Spurs all week on here, its the Stubhub tourists and moaners who are out of touch with reality that we can't actually get through to who are the problem

Oh I'm aware that those people probably don't even check other results, much less frequent forums, but my hope is for citation of the original problems. By bringing them up and streamlining them, hopefully by some chance, they can someday be brought before the club in a thoughtful and productive manner.

Great article.
In all honesty, for me the best game of the past two seasons for the sheer exhilaration of being there was the Barnet 1882 U21 game against Woolwich. Every single WHL game has paled into insignificance beside that. I do sit near some prize moaners though, as I have rambled on about previously...
I've been chastised for winding up the opposition players, while the moaners spend 80 minutes moaning about our own, then slope off 5 minutes before the end to beat the rush for the train.

Oh I'm aware that those people probably don't even check other results, much less frequent forums, but my hope is for citation of the original problems. By bringing them up and streamlining them, hopefully by some chance, they can someday be brought before the club in a thoughtful and productive manner.

Yeah I mean when the guys had that dude from the East stand on the podcast I wrote on the forum how that should have been the start of something, Flav and the others should reach out and find groups who sing in all areas of the ground and help build unity and atmosphere in all areas, not the segregated mess it is now, and quite rightly as you say then go to the club with a united front maybe

I think another reason our atmosphere has dropped off is the inability of fans to connect with the players. We need heroes, players like Gareth Bale who we all thought was born to play for Spurs. Modric, the little midfield maestro who was the envy of every other PL team. But as soon as a player really starts to shine, becomes a hero if you like, we all know he aint gonna be around to shine for much longer. Not for our team anyway. Maybe we need a hero to come back to get us all drooling again. Theres only one realistic target as far as I can see.:vdvshh:. Now he`d get the lane rockin` again

Getting people who all want to sing together would help massively. This doesn't even happen in Park Lane/Shelf. I stood at the back of the Park Lane for the first time yesterday (never been above row 17 before) and there were dozens of people stood in my proximity just not singing. Not to mention the suits in the boxes who exclusively seem to have the back row with their padded fucking seats - did not hear one of them sing.

Another thing I noticed was that there only seems to be certain people 'allowed' to start songs off. There was a geezer at the back of 34 trying to get stuff going all game who had no luck whatsoever - I almost felt like a mug for joining in. I think that people are too scared to be heard singing until a few others get going.

Why do these people have ST's/buy in these areas? Fucks the people who don't beat the online rush on a weekday morning because they're working to pay the prices that the cunt Levy charges.

There are so many different factors it cannot change over night. The problem is the people who run THFC and even THST pretend or at least appear to care about the issue, but even if they genuinely do, they are so blind to the real issues it's fucking pointless.

Their only response to combat atmosphere was a f*cking surfer flag. It's absolutely laughable.

What about stop letting U16 concession prices in the Park Lane lower for Category C matches? Lowering ticket prices to allow the working class fan to attend and to stop pissing off our fanbase to the point where many proper spurs end up walking away from the club for good? Introducing a new concession for 16-21 year olds? Stop employing outside steward agencies to try and make everybody sit down and be quiet every fucking game and alienating our fan base by making us feel like criminals for standing up and singing and even kicking some fans out for simply creating an atmosphere?! Campaigning for safe-standing? Securing Block 35 as a permanent home for 1882? Get rid of Stub Hub and bring back the old Ticket Exchange?

All perfectly reasonable suggestions that would be considered and acted upon if THFC or THST was run by fans that care and even understand the real issues.

One thing I will say is to all the fans that are pissed off so much that they stop attending home matches is that I just hope you change your mind and don't give up. You are the people we need back at the Lane to help bring the noise back. Staying away is only making it worse and your seat ends up getting taken by Tarquin from Hampstead Village.

1882 nights have been fucking great for bringing the Lane back to what it should be and one thing I want people to start doing is to not just wait for the next 1882 event but try and get to every home match as your wallet will allow either in the Park Lane Lower or Blocks 30 / 31 of the shelf and just stand and sing as much as possible and it will rub off on others trust me.

@ Clarky Clarky Claiming that the THST don't have people not caring - that's way off..

We need less of this different group-thinking. What happened to 'We're all Spurs." I can promise you that there are indeed people in the THST that are deadly passionate about the club.

The OP was spot on though, a very good piece about something that worry us all in here and on other forums as well.

And the Spurs go marching on.

The loyal Spurs supporters sell their tickets on StubHub,
And we all make a nice profit...

Glory, glory Tottenham Hotspur...

The overbearing and tense atmosphere is why I don't go to the lane as much anymore, prefer away games, like my most recent was Southampton and it was a brilliant day out with true yips who sung there hearts out, wish it would happen at the lane though

The beer throwing: what the fuck is all that about? It reached a moronic peak on the concourse at Old Trafford.

How the hell can you go out on the pull in town in your best casuals after the game if you're covered in sticky, stinking lager?

And the offensive songs mentioned in THST release. They're offensively shit. I've heard some horrible stuff sung by us over the years, but at least they had some element of inventiveness.

Rhyming 'mananger' with Malaria and even mentioning Simple Tim in a song at all is just embarrasing wank of the highest order.

Last edited:
From THST page:
Alcohol bans, reduced ticket allocations and FA/ Premier League sanctions are all distinct possibilities should the bad reputation THFC is gaining continue to escalate.

I'm pretty sure there's other clubs whose away fans are a fair bit more antisocial than ours and don't seem to get sanctioned for it... United spring to mind, if anything they got rewarded this season by getting an all-lower-tier allocation at the Lane rather than the usual lower/upper split!

repeatedly singing chants containing foul and abusive language
I can't help thinking that the recent resurgence of the Hey Sol chant may be what they're getting at here. So fucking what, find me a football team anywhere in the country whose fans don't sing anything with a fuck or a cunt in it.

From THST page:

I'm pretty sure there's other clubs whose away fans are a fair bit more antisocial than ours and don't seem to get sanctioned for it... United spring to mind, if anything they got rewarded this season by getting an all-lower-tier allocation at the Lane rather than the usual lower/upper split!

I can't help thinking that the recent resurgence of the Hey Sol chant may be what they're getting at here. So fucking what, find me a football team anywhere in the country whose fans don't sing anything with a fuck or a cunt in it.

Actually Uniteds fans are constantly punished for their behaviour at other grounds. They get an allocation of 1800 all in the bottom tier because their fans refuse to sit down when they are located in our upper tiers - something the local SAG demand. MUST ( the United trust) did a freedom of information request as to why their allocation was again limited this year and the reason stated by SAG was their fans misbehaviour away at Fulham this season.

So as you can see other clubs are being penalised for their fans actions and behaviour away at one ground CAN have an effect on how we are policed and stewarded elsewhere.

As our piece yesterday stated - it is not the job if a supporters trust to police the clubs fans and we told them that on Saturday. We are merely pointing out the possible repercussions of this behaviour - whether people chose to listen or not is entirely down to them.

Actually Uniteds fans are constantly punished for their behaviour at other grounds. They get an allocation of 1800 all in the bottom tier because their fans refuse to sit down when they are located in our upper tiers - something the local SAG demand. MUST ( the United trust) did a freedom of information request as to why their allocation was again limited this year and the reason stated by SAG was their fans misbehaviour away at Fulham this season.

So as you can see other clubs are being penalised for their fans actions and behaviour away at one ground CAN have an effect on how we are policed and stewarded elsewhere.

As our piece yesterday stated - it is not the job if a supporters trust to police the clubs fans and we told them that on Saturday. We are merely pointing out the possible repercussions of this behaviour - whether people chose to listen or not is entirely down to them.

Just chant "Come on You Spurs" drearily for 90 minutes whilst sitting down, get up, stretch then go home.

That is what we all go to away games for, yes...

And by the way, is it normal that people leave 5mins before the final whistle when you are 2-0 up? Just wondering, it was a thing that really standed out to me ...

And by the way, is it normal that people leave 5mins before the final whistle when you are 2-0 up? Just wondering, it was a thing that really standed out to me ...

A lot of people do it so they can avoid the rush when everyone is leaving at full time

Yes, every game. Even if it is 1-1 and an evenly matched game, a good number of "Fans" would still leave.
They'd rather get home all nice and warm to miss the crush.

Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom