Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool going through probably increases our chance of a higher league finish.

Us going through probably increases our chance of a trophy, but harms our chances of a high league finish and going as far as possible in the Champions League.

:avbcringe: Losing this one may actually mean we are more ambitious....

We will probably lose this away to Liverpool playing our kids but you know what long as they give it a go I won't be too sad. If you can't play your up and coming youngsters in the league cup then where can you play them.

And if we do pull of a shock with it will be better than a normal win so for me I am not nervous just hope we give Carter-Vickers, Onomah and Winks good time, Shame about Edwards injury.

Last edited:
Vorm
Trippier-CV-Wimmer-Davies
Carroll-Winks
Harrison-Onomah-N'Koudou
Janssen

Play the kids and reserves for this. It probably won't be good enough to beat Liverpool at Anfield, who are likely to play a strong team, but unlike them we're in Europe and have to deal with those extra matches. The Leicester match should really be the priority now.

Last edited:
I reckon we will go something like the below

Vorm
Tripper CCV Wimmer Davies
Dier Winks
Sissoko Onomah Nkoudo
Janssen

And so could ours be. We are on par with Liverpool. The only advantage they have is that they are at home.

I think Pochettino will keep faith in our second string.

They're also unbeaten in 21 home games. Apologies for not feeling confident.

I think Pochettino will keep faith in our second string.
Yes maybe a couple. Poch will not risk any player returning-I guess. We have LC at home and will rest key players, although some will appear on he bench. I see us having a strong side on at the end, if we are trailing and 20 mins to go.

Bin dippers will play a full strength team, they can afford to do this as they are NOT in Europe. For us, we will play our youngsters. We will loose this, I just hope we put in a performance, I don't care about the scoreline. What would please me would be to see our lads attempt to play "our way". Make the dippers work for it, don't roll over and play hard for the full 90 mins.

I was pissed that we didn't play full strength against the scum last year. Poch earned my respect back when we went on to batter Citeh the following game and be the last team left to push Leicester for the title. It is clear to see that we are a title contender this year (non of us knew this last year, it was all about beating the scum). Had we drawn a different side, a side that is in Europe or another PL team then I would fancy our chances as I'd expect the other side to also play a weekend team too. Our 2nd string side is a good side.

Problem with putting 2nd string side is that it shatters their confidence if battered as in case of Dortmund last year, which in place ruins Poch's confidence for selectin 'em again. Putting a balanced team with First teamers and 2nd strings and losing gracefully may help in long run. Expecting similar intensity from 2nd string will only result in mental collapse of our squad.
I believe that our performance towards last year's end was mental and not physical.

Back
Top Bottom