Lies, damn lies & statistics

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The quickest i have ever done the journey to "WHL" was 19 minutes, from my front door to the Coach&Horses
It was during the christmas period one year(possibly New years day) i live bang next door to Bounds Green tube, the train, the W3 bus at wood green , no traffic on the roads,every thing just fell into place.
So if i had to go miles away for the games i attend for a season,it would just even things out a bit.

I play Aussie Rules footy out that way
1261-240x222.jpg

Would take me 3+ hours each way (coming from South of London) and cost £30-40 more per game and rule out midweeks.
They probably dont have (m)any pubs and it sounds boring as fuck. And they're wankers.
Even at a reduced capacity of 4 or 5,000 less I'd kill for Charlton, Fulham or anywhere at all in London.

Hitchin to Bletchley is only 25 miles but on train it's quickest is 1hour 49 mins (into London and out).
And it currently costs £46.10 for an Off-Peak Day Return. Fuck that.

Elland road in NEVER nice.....

We lost there last year with this lineup... What a poor effort from us.

• Friedel
  • 05 Vertonghen
  • 16 Naughton (Walker - 66' )
  • 32 Assou-Ekotto
  • 33 Caulker
  • 02 Dempsey
  • 06 Huddlestone (Dembele - 59' )
  • 07 Lennon
  • 08 Parker
  • 11 Bale
  • 22 Sigurdsson (Obika - 59' )
But you are correct... Awful place, just the nearest large Stadium to me.

We lost there last year with this lineup... What a poor effort from us.

• Friedel
  • 05 Vertonghen
  • 16 Naughton (Walker - 66' )
  • 32 Assou-Ekotto
  • 33 Caulker
  • 02 Dempsey
  • 06 Huddlestone (Dembele - 59' )
  • 07 Lennon
  • 08 Parker
  • 11 Bale
  • 22 Sigurdsson (Obika - 59' )
But you are correct... Awful place, just the nearest large Stadium to me.
Been there a good few times,and always enjoyed it .Until the semi against Everton in 95.
That year we were kicked out the cup,and Sugar got us back in it.Everyone, the press,the pundits,us! all believed our name was on the cup.It was a great day.Went up with a load from Bethnal Green and my lot.Some Spurs fella got a boozer up there to open up for us..And they served Sunday roasts in big yorkshire puddings, superb stuff.Great day all round,we were put in their shiny new Don Revie stand..What could possibly go wrong??? The Effing team believed the hype as well, thats what! Totally humilated on the park
Hated the place ever since :)

Been there a good few times,and always enjoyed it .Until the semi against Everton in 95.
That year we were kicked out the cup,and Sugar got us back in it.Everyone, the press,the pundits,us! all believed our name was on the cup.It was a great day.Went up with a load from Bethnal Green and my lot.Some Spurs fella got a boozer up there to open up for us..And they served Sunday roasts in big yorkshire puddings, superb stuff.Great day all round,we were put in their shiny new Don Revie stand..What could possibly go wrong??? The Effing team believed the hype as well, thats what! Totally humilated on the park
We couldn't deal with Andy Hinchcliffe's corners from their right IIRC.

On a VERY good day i can get to the Lane in 2 hours. Sundays can sometimes take 3 hours.
MK is 4 hours - whats 60 mins between friends?

That was for Portman Road, worst train service in the world between Ipswich and Lowestoft. I'm 120 miles from the Lane out here and can do it in 2 hours on a good run. Driving to MK probably would add about half hour on. Getting the train to MK would mean going down into Liv.St and out from Euston again, complete ball ache and adding over an hour each way. Complete pain in the arse.

One of the worst sporting days in my life. My Dad drove, got stuck in huge tailbacks on the M1. Could see the ground for about 2 hours but couldn't get anywhere to park. Ended up in a residents parking bay. Took the hit on the ticket. Got into the ground seconds before kick off so missed all the hype and atmosphere. Remember we had the whole of that massive stand and Everton had the other three sides, including behind both goals. Turned nasty pretty quickly. Walker had a nightmare. Somehow there were loose lumps of concrete about in the stand and I remember them being launched on the Everton lot below:pochserious2:

I think we had 18,500 in our one stand and Everton had 17,500.But becasue they had pretty much 3 sides of the ground it gave tghe impression they had much more fans than us there that day.Even thesports reporters on the radio on the way home wewre goin gon about how Everton out numbered us..C@nts

Back
Top Bottom