Lies, damn lies & statistics

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's about the figure I had in mind to be honest. Went to IKEA on Saturday which is pretty much next door to the stadium. Aside from all ethical considerations, it would be a fucking horrendous place to go to watch football every week.

Maybe some MK local Spurs will go to more games but a lot who fill White Hart Lane every week simply wouldn't bother. Let's face it, if you are from the Woolwich side of London, Milton Keynes is going to be a torrid (midweek perhaps, impossible) journey.

What % did Coventry lose when they moved to Northampton?

Cov probably lost 80%!
MK would be 4 hours each way door to door for me unless i drove which i would rather not do.

I reckon i might do 5 games if we spent a season there. That said, how long does it take to get to MK from the Stevenage area? Plus there are a lot of Northern Spurs that would find it easier.

MK might be good for some of our support north of London but for me would be 2-3 there and then 2-3 hours back, we might gain a few fans who live nearby but a lot will find it hard. Must be difficult for a season ticket holder who lives in south London if this comes to pass.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...e-temporary-milton-keynes-switch-9868149.html

According to this piece in the Standard, 66% of Spurs fans will stop going to home games if THFC temporarily move to MK!!.

It is only when you read the article that you find out it is a sample of 200!
Hardly representative of the 90.4k ST (21.2k) & members (69.2k).

I think the THST are pushing for current ST Holders to be offered a one season amnesty on renewing, until the new stadium is ready to move into. Providing it is only for the single season, then I am sure a reasonable number of ST holders would take-up this offer, depending where we would be located.

Also, I'm sure Katrina Law (THST Secretary) said on the podcast, that if the upper tier of Wembley is sealed-off and not in use, then the licensing conditions that restrict the stadium being used for only 37 events per year, can be by-passed. I think without the upper tier the being open the capacity is around 52k and at least no-one could moan about the pitch being too small.

Not that I agree with it, but MK does seem the inevitable destination.

Last edited:
If no other venue is available though, what choice do they have?
The trust last week on the podcast said there is ways around the council restrictions with Wembley as long as the top deck isn't opened.

Push harder on ground sharing the Olympic Stadium. West Ham don't own the stadium they just have the tender to use it. Surely there is ways around them having the final say. Even a pay-off by the stadium owner with them taking a portion of extra revenue it generates by having matchdays 38 matchdays instead of 19.

Go to Brighton? Not that much further. A proper football club not a franchise. According to quick wiki search larger capacity. It's got a pier!

If the form continues under Poch lets just play every game away at the other mob's ground and finish top 4:freundgoal:

The trust last week on the podcast said there is ways around the council restrictions with Wembley as long as the top deck isn't opened.
Yeah, they said a lot of things. But they're not actually talking with Wembley about the matter, so we don't know if what they believe to be true actually is. We also don't know what Wembley are charging for rental.

Push harder on ground sharing the Olympic Stadium. West Ham don't own the stadium they just have the tender to use it. Surely there is ways around them having the final say. Even a pay-off by the stadium owner with them taking a portion of extra revenue it generates by having matchdays 38 matchdays instead of 19.

Go to Brighton? Not that much further. A proper football club not a franchise. According to quick wiki search larger capacity. It's got a pier!
THFC could be doing both these things. I doubt they'll tell anyone though, as you wouldn't want to make it public and give up potential leverage. When a deal's done, they'll announce it. I just don't see the point in crucifying the club over something they haven't actually decided, and for all we know, may have been the only choice actually open to a deal. At this point, we're just worrying and lashing out based on fear and ignorance.

If the form continues under Poch lets just play every game away at the other mob's ground and finish top 4
I would love it if they did that. It would be a real trolling of the Trust as well, with their ridiculous "we're the best home support in the League (based on a survey from Bolton done 5 years ago)" claim.

would any of the attitudes change were the club to subsidise/discount the tickets , help with travel etc.
how much is MKDons being a franchise the issue vs the distance?
2 hours to get to a match doesn't sound a lot to me - surely getting across london can take as long.
a walk up from seven sisters can take an hour easy

would any of the attitudes change were the club to subsidise/discount the tickets , help with travel etc.
how much is MKDons being a franchise the issue vs the distance?
2 hours to get to a match doesn't sound a lot to me - surely getting across london can take as long.
a walk up from seven sisters can take an hour easy
A lot has to do with what the MK franchise did to Wimbledon. I'd rather us go and play in the middle of Australia while I'm still here than pump funds into a franchise football club!

When a deal's done, they'll announce it. I just don't see the point in crucifying the club over something they haven't actually decided, and for all we know, may have been the only choice actually open to a deal. At this point, we're just worrying and lashing out based on fear and ignorance.
We rightly don't have any confidence in the club regarding the stadium.

First it was meant to move in to it in 2012. And we were told we wouldn't need to move out of the original WHL whilst it was being built next door.

Then we did some dodgy dealings to move us to East London permanently which has now backfired and West Ham won't want a bar of us. Spurs supporters here hate Woolwich for is them ever moving from South to North hence why that move would have been the biggest of kicks in the teeth. 100% we'd be in the Olympic Stadium permanently in East London if he won that tender bid and there would have been extreme unrest I'd imagine.

Hopefully they are playing coy with what their options are but in terms of stadiums & Northumberland projects etc. I have no faith in this current regime making the right decision (or doing anything at all for that matter)

A lot has to do with what the MK franchise did to Wimbledon. I'd rather us go and play in the middle of Australia while I'm still here than pump funds into a franchise football club!
I think that's probably 100% of the issue with it being MK in particular. Someone is going to suffer travel-wise regardless (hell, many do right now just going to the Lane). But the ethics of what MK did will have permanent consequences for that club.

We rightly don't have any confidence in the club regarding the stadium.

First it was meant to move in to it in 2012. And we were told we wouldn't need to move out of the original WHL whilst it was being built next door.

Then we did some dodgy dealings to move us to East London permanently which has now backfired and West Ham won't want a bar of us. Spurs supporters here hate Woolwich for is them ever moving from South to North hence why that move would have been the biggest of kicks in the teeth. 100% we'd be in the Olympic Stadium permanently in East London if he won that tender bid and there would have been extreme unrest I'd imagine.

Hopefully they are playing coy with what their options are but in terms of stadiums & Northumberland projects etc. I have no faith in this current regime making the right decision (or doing anything at all for that matter)
I said my piece on that earlier in another thread. I think the paranoia and naievete of the fans about trying to build a stadium in London is pretty embarrassing.

I think Levy/ENIC`s grand plan is to move us to MK, keep us there permanently, and maybe increase the capacity to around 51K. (which is a relatively cheap and feasible task to undertake). We will probably then merge with MK Dons or something. ENIC will sell off the land around WHL, including the stadium itself, for other commercial use, raking in millions in profits. Actually, I don`t really think this is the grand plan, I`m just putting it out there as a possibility. Then again, maybe it is the plan. I think I said before, I am a certified paranoid schizophrenic, but I have been feeling better lately and my medication has been lowered.
It might be their plan, it might not. They are an investment company after all. And I dont think Daniel Levy is a particularly trustworthy individual.

No way in hell am I going to Milton Keynes. The club will certainly lose my money that season. Probably wouldn't even renew my membership even if it cost me my place on the pretend season ticket list.

Back
Top Bottom