Lies, damn lies & statistics

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a mate who is a Wimbledon supporter and don't recognise MK dons as a football club.
I am very concerned about this as not only the London /Essex southern base will suffer but many of the pubs and grub places will suffer in an area already struggling.
I am not happy about Tottenham being moved not happy at all.Something needs to be done.

Cov probably lost 80%!
MK would be 4 hours each way door to door for me unless i drove which i would rather not do.

I reckon i might do 5 games if we spent a season there. That said, how long does it take to get to MK from the Stevenage area? Plus there are a lot of Northern Spurs that would find it easier.

Stevenage to MK is a bit of a C of a journey unless you are a crow. No public transport of note and the roads don't really flow that way.

My old man is a Season Ticket holder in Bedford which would admittedly be an easier journey. Worth noting however than this MK ground is nowhere near the MK station. I think it's nearer to Bletchley. Or even nearer still to a shity little micro station called Fenny Stratford (on the Bedford to Bletchley line, which incidently doesn't run Sunday or past 10pm midweek!!)

Round trip to Milton Keynes for me would be over 11000 miles, so I won't be going to many games. Whatever is best for the club suits me, Wembley is obviously ideal, but if for some reason that can't happen, anywhere really. I don't see why we can't go to Palace or Fulham.

Wembley has already been ruled out by the FA. No idea why, but they said no.

Amazes me that there's so many clubs within London and yet the only apparent solution is MK Dons? Any where in London will do as long as it's 20-30k.

Id hate us to line the pockets of that plastic football club. Thing is a premiership club In MK levy will make a fortune and he knows it on merch and tickets.
One thing i dont know has been answered is why ccant we use upton park when the spammers have moved out? ok i know its "them" but surly it would be a better option

Id hate us to line the pockets of that plastic football club. Thing is a premiership club In MK levy will make a fortune and he knows it on merch and tickets.
One thing i dont know has been answered is why ccant we use upton park when the spammers have moved out? ok i know its "them" but surly it would be a better option
Not after they've allowed their fans to strip the place bare....

I reckon i might do 5 games if we spent a season there. That said, how long does it take to get to MK from the Stevenage area? Plus there are a lot of Northern Spurs that would find it easier.

Longer than it does to get to WHL, either by train or car.

Is Charlton not an Option? 27k.

They have 3 new stands and one that needs to be re-developed.

Let us stay for a couple of seasons and we re-develop that final stand pre moving in. Can increase capacity to near 30k.

Done. Someone phone Levy.

http://talksport.com/football/exclu...buyers-tottenham-claims-mp-lammy-141118125147

Tottenham MP David Lammy has told talkSPORT he has held talks with parties interested in buying Spurs.

Former chairman Sir Alan Sugar insisted earlier this month that there was no truth in possible takeover talks.

It had been reported a group of US-based businessmen were interested in taking control of the north London club and Lammy claims he has spoken with potential investors.

“All Tottenham fans will have seen the huge speculation about those who want to buy the club,” he told Hawksbee and Jacobs. “Some of the people have even knocked on my door and asked me [about it].

“The sort of questions they ask the local MP are about regeneration plans for the area, what the local authority are like to deal with and what is my vision [for the area].

“For all sorts of reasons Spurs would be a great club to buy. They are solvent and have great ambitions.

“It’s been run extremely well by Daniel Levy on the behalf of Joe Lewis.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclu...ims-mp-lammy-141118125147#4dfRtQTAUc28ehYI.99

These are the stadiums able to host football within 50 miles of White Hart Lane and with a capacity over 20,000.

Wembley
Issues regarding licensing and usage (England, NFL)

Twickenham
Issues regarding licensing and usage (Rugby Internationals, Chelsea rumoured to have been rejected)

Olympic Stadium
Possible option but also usage issues (West Ham)

Emirates
Not available (stated)

Stamford Bridge
Not available (probable)

White Hart Lane
Unavailable

Boleyn Ground (Upton Park)
Unavailable after 2015-2016 season due to residential development, which will be available from 2018

The Amex
Over 50 miles away and across London

Stadium MK
Possible option

Portman Road
Over 50 miles away

The Valley
Possible option, but small and across London

Selhurst Park
Possible option, but small and across London

Craven Cottage
Possible option, but small

Madejski
Not available due to usage issues (Reading and London Irish)

Vicarage Road
To small

New Den
To small

There aren't that many options available. Only the Olympic Stadium and Milton Keynes are real options. Wembley and Twickenham won't be available. Woolwich and Chelsea won't share. Upton Park will be knocked down. Brighton and Ipswich are probably to far away. Charlton, Crystal Palace and Fulham are probably to small and are not new stadiums.

Although the 'as-the-crow-flies' distance is longer, Ipswich is so much better than MK.

It's just over an hour out of Liverpool Street to Ipswich station. WHL is 25/30 minutes. So we're talking only an extra 40 minutes onto the journey for anyone who's journey takes them through Central London, which I'd guess is a large portion.

Also Ipswich has a lot less stigma attached to it than MK, and as I've pointed out before, this would almost feel like home from home. Almost identical West Stand to the right, the East Stand to the left complete with the old middle tier.

2002-07-16_Portman_Road.jpg

Although the 'as-the-crow-flies' distance is longer, Ipswich is so much better than MK.

It's just over an hour out of Liverpool Street to Ipswich station. WHL is 25/30 minutes. So we're talking only an extra 40 minutes onto the journey for anyone who's journey takes them through Central London, which I'd guess is a large portion.

Also Ipswich has a lot less stigma attached to it than MK, and as I've pointed out before, this would almost feel like home from home. Almost identical West Stand to the right, the East Stand to the left complete with the old middle tier.

I've been to Ipswich ground years ago in a cup tie and it doesn't sound a bad move.Even to drive for people further a field you can just zip down the A14.
For me MKDons is wrong on every level but how do we get the message across.

Takes about an hour or so to get to WHL from Wembley because of rubbish transport from NW to NE London; but it won't be the journey time to MK that would bother me about us playing there. The thought makes me feel a bit sick.

15 minute walk for me...........

Back
Top Bottom