Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone following Holtby's progress at Hamburg lately?

Funny how both him and Schurrle were on everyone's FM team only to disappear from the radar. Also, not too long ago, I would've taken Holtby over Dembele.:dembele:

Funny how both him and Schurrle were on everyone's FM team only to disappear from the radar. Also, not too long ago, I would've taken Holtby over Dembele.:dembele:
i think the the fact no one had bothered to post about the twat in over 6 months gives you a good indication.

I love Holtby, but he looks distinctly average in a very average Hamburg side. He won't be the player he could have been.

I love Holtby, but he looks distinctly average in a very average Hamburg side. He won't be the player he could have been.

Indeed. Can't say much about him in Hamburg now, but perhaps I loved him more for his Spurs TV antics rather than what he did on the field.

I had hoped that he would come good, being one of the rare "English" players to have started out and made it in a league abroad - he also looked like the sort of player that wouldnt mind working his ass off. In hindsight, it is rather disappointing that we let him go especially when you see how the current crop of youths are doing under Poch.

Can't complain though. We've already got a young Englishman who grew up in a foreign league and who's certainly doing an amazing job here in Dier. :dierpochhug:

Sounds about right, however the term Pot and Kettle spring to mind!

:sherwoodlol:

Credit to Sherwood, he seems on point there (though demonstrating his usual lack of class when talking about fellow professionals).

Always got the feeling with Holtby that he was the closest thing we had to the 'banter' players at Woolwich - you know, the ones who would goad Spurs on social media to curry favour with gooners despite barely making their bench (Gibbs, Frimpong, Szczesny).

Credit to Sherwood, he seems on point there (though demonstrating his usual lack of class when talking about fellow professionals).

Always got the feeling with Holtby that he was the closest thing we had to the 'banter' players at Woolwich - you know, the ones who would goad Spurs on social media to curry favour with gooners despite barely making their bench (Gibbs, Frimpong, Szczesny).

Lewis Holtby 10/10 for social media skills, however successive managers clearly didn’t rate him. Guess there was a reason we got Holtby cheap or should have been free.

Says it all that Pochettino didn't even give him a chance beyond pre-season. I remember Holtby actually doing okay in pre-season and a few of us thought he might do well as he came across as someone with good work rate etc. but maybe his attitude was all wrong. I don't think Pochettino likes the big brash personality types who joke around. Probably also why he got rid of Sandro.

Considering he even kept the likes of Adebayor, Assou-Ekotto, Paulinho etc. - it was telling.

Apparently he's currently without a club at the grand old age of 28

When he came on against Norwich I thought he was the real deal. Energetic, running the midfield, pulled strings.
It just never seemed to happen for him and he became quite anonymous in the end.

Was earning far too much at Hamburg for a team in the 2nd Bundesliga. It's one of the reasons they didn't want to keep him. I assume that's a sticking point with him, and the reason why no other club has picked him up.

Back
Top Bottom