Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It seems we might be on the right path but until we win a trophy, we'll continue to be a banter club for opposing fans, pundits and players.

Levy's wet dream, out of all the cups so can focus on getting Top 4 and CL riches.

We've been here before, only time will tell if we've truly arrived or if this is the height of the club's ambition.

when were we here before?

We needed a cb, seemed to get a half decent one for decent money. Seems good business but but none of know that much about him or if he’ll be good in the PL .

Werner is as close to a Son back up as it’s possible to find, does very similar things in a very similar way. Will score less, but work smarter off the ball. Loan with option. Ok business short term.

I like the sound of this Bergvall kid but who knows?

We done some good maybe’s but no immediate first team strengthening.

5/10 now. Hindsight might improve that score in the future?

Last edited:
We needed a back up cb, seemed to get a half decent one for decent money. Seems good business but but none of know that much about him or if he’ll be good in the PL .

Werner is as close to a Son back up as it’s possible to find, does very similar things in a very similar way. Will score less, but work smarter off the ball. Loan with option. Ok business short term.

If you don't know how good our players will end up then how can you rate the window lol

Have always said rating the TW is pointless, pretty sure everyone had the 2019 window as nothing below 8/10

If you don't know how good our players will end up then how can you rate the window lol

Have always said rating the TW is pointless, pretty sure everyone had the 2019 window as nothing below 8/10
It was an 8 at the time , just turned out to be 0.8 . I never held Lo Celso or N’Dombele against Levy , TBF I thought both were excellent buys . Been plenty of things I have had an issue with as you are well aware , but those 2 were the opposite of Nelsen and Saha . Those 2 had cheap disaster written all over them , N’Dombele and Lo Celso on the other hand had the feel of significant improvements, sometimes shit happens

Yeah, pretty much agree, especially when you buy very young players.

Just a bit of fun, and that rating could turn into a 10 if the kid turns out to be top banana, equally could turn out to be 2 if Dragusin turns out to be a wardrobe, Werner goes back to Germany in the summer and the kid flops. That's why I went 5, but it's just a daft bit of fun rating windows like this.

What I will say is, there genuinely feels like there is a vastly different process - recruitment apparatus and structure and procurement process - happening now, which if it is what it looks like is a vast improvement on what's gone on the last 7-8 years.

Obviously, central to that is the coaching ethos, which makes a huge difference, and also helps recruitment/procurement and importantly development of more raw players.

Many of us have said, it's not about the amount of money spent per se, it's about spending it smart. And also having a coach who's ethos we like and an identity that we can buy into and get behind.

I'm not convinced by some of the purchases we've made the last couple of windows - Johnson for 50m and Richarlison for 60m are bonkers - but at least we are making what appears to be some smart moves, not just players but timing as well. Not fuck arsing about chasing silly arse deals for weeks on end.

Last edited:

Arguably the only club in PL to bring in players that made sense - a 3rd experienced CB and an experienced forward who could cover Son's absence at Asia Cup and versatile enough to cover other forward positions (and an inexpensive option to buy if he does well).

Both good enough and experienced so can rotate in and out of first team

No players available who would have improved our first X1, so no point in thinking of them, but excellent to increase our squad depth/rotation options.

Then we get in a much coveted youngster, who Barcelona planned to get. We might take a year or two to be sure how good he is - but we did the same with Sarr, signed for his potential in summer 2021, and its this season 2 years later when he shows he's an excellent player. So happy to wait and see.

Our departures were excellent too - both permanent and on loan, including loans for Phillips and Devine which may equip them to join first team squad next season..

Worth saying that most clubs have not been able to compete with us this window - and Levy''s probably the reason why our finances are straight and other clubs are not, whereas specifics of player transfers are not.

Difficult to criticise given lack of buying of possible exits by other clubs. Very solid 7 or 8 out of 10

We needed a back up cb, seemed to get a half decent one for decent money. Seems good business but but none of know that much about him or if he’ll be good in the PL .

To low, consensus seems to be 7-8/10

We needed a cb, seemed to get a half decent one for decent money. Seems good business but but none of know that much about him or if he’ll be good in the PL .

Yeah about right. The kid stuff is always a punt. A Free hit. Werner is just a stop gap & a downgrade on son but a handy player to have with son away. Works hard & makes stuff happen. Hard to imagine he was such a prolific goalscorer at one point. 7 out of 10 player.
The new CB could go either way so it’s all up in the air.

Nope, it was definitely at least an 8.

Christ

GFkdsm5XsAA991m

Back
Top Bottom