Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree. As long as ticket prices are adjusted according to reduced investment and lower expectations that’s all good.

Not sure it works like that.

Unless you want us to sign big money players for the sake of it and stick them on big wages to try and justify the price but then not having a plan got us into this mess in the first place...

Not sure it works like that.

Unless you want us to sign big money players for the sake of it and stick them on big wages to try and justify the price but then not having a plan got us into this mess in the first place...
Not really, I prefer the recently adopted buy low option and hope one or two stick but even that deluded, baldie fuck must see he can’t continue with the existing rip off prices and move like Brighton

i wonder if Levy can't move players out is because of FFP ?
if the book value of the player is a lot more than Levy can get if player sold does that reflect on to FFP ?

Adequate is a good description. It’s 5/10, some promising signings that may or may not have an impact in the next two to three years. Hardly going to see us challenge for the title next season tbh which is what our ticket pricing suggest is the par

Our ticket prices suggest our fans are loaded and we have a lot of tourists coming to our games. Even our season Tickets are being bought by people living in other countries. We’re international baby.

But I think you’re looking at it all wrong.
You need to compare our ticket prices to something like pork bellies or frozen concentrated orange juice. It’s not just about the football itself there’s more to it than that.

We last won the league in 1961. Yet we continuously sell out our new stadium with offerings of huge megastores and goal line bars, imaginatively named craft beers and award winning sausage rolls.

Let’s be honest if it was purely about being title challengers we are not a player in that particular game. How many times have we finished 2nd or 3rd compared to 8th or below in the last 50 odd years?

I bet all our new Australian fans think nothing of paying £100+ for a ticket after they fly over from Ramsey street or summer bay.

i wonder if Levy can't move players out is because of FFP ?
if the book value of the player is a lot more than Levy can get if player sold does that reflect on to FFP ?
No impact whatsoever

It’s more impactful on our P and L and will see write offs applied to the balance sheet that are a hit but think it’s minimal now. Even Ndom and GLC have largely been depreciated

If / when he does complete his move it would be a nice bit of PR if the club announce season ticket prices will be held for at least the next two seasons, in honour of Harry Kane and thanks to the £££s windfall his sale has produced.

He was one of our own.

salute-the-office.gif

So let's recap our pre-season...

Ticket prices up to eye watering levels.
Our best player sold for peanuts on the eve of the season without a replacement signed
None of the dead wood cleared out
Still the highest paid Chairman in the league

I'm staggered that there are still people willing to defend Levy.

I’m staggered he’s still alive.

I’ve no idea how his house hasn’t been burnt down. Not only is he the worst spurs chairman in history, he’d have never lasted this long at any other premier league club.

Utter cancer of human being.

So let's recap our pre-season...

Ticket prices up to eye watering levels.
Our best player sold for peanuts on the eve of the season without a replacement signed
None of the dead wood cleared out
Still the highest paid Chairman in the league

I'm staggered that there are still people willing to defend Levy.
Him being the highest paid CEO in the premier league with our record of success is actually a scandal in itself.
If ever a clubs fans were being trolled by its Chairman!

Back
Top Bottom