Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£6M seems high though, doesn't it? That's £100pp. Has to be factoring in in-stadium advertising, yeah?

If that includes ticket revenue, I would say it’s about right….. majority of tickets are 60-100, plus there is 10%’ish that are premium at 150-300+. Throw in catering, drinks etc and 100 per person seems accurate

Good piece. I said in the stadium thread a few weeks ago, I just don't get people moaning about the stadium being used for other events. This is all revenue for Spurs and will only help the "team" in the long run (obviously caveating with that money being used smartly when it comes to recruitment etc).

It’s because they think the money goes straight into enic’s pocket rather than the club. When you point them the direction of the accounts to show them that it just stays in the club finances, they either go silent because they’re too thick to read the books or abuse with the levy lover retort, which just illustrates their inadequacies.

It’s because they think the money goes straight into enic’s pocket rather than the club. When you point them the direction of the accounts to show them that it just stays in the club finances, they either go silent because they’re too thick to read the books or abuse with the levy lover retort, which just illustrates their inadequacies.
We're all entitled to our opinions but it's amazing how many people find facts inconvenient.

It's not where it goes that causes distain.
It's where it doesn't go.
Who cares if it's in Levys pocket or a bank account in the name of THFC.
It's not been spent sufficiently on making the team competetive on the pitch.

It's not where it goes that causes distain.
It's where it doesn't go.
Who cares if it's in Levys pocket or a bank account in the name of THFC.
It's not been spent sufficiently on making the team competetive on the pitch.
This is the first full season.

There has only been a couple of extra events since the stadium opened due to Covid.

As Brian Fantana Brian Fantana said, you can look at the accounts.
There is no great big pot of cash sitting in the bank account.

This is the first full season.

There has only been a couple of extra events since the stadium opened due to Covid.

As Brian Fantana Brian Fantana said, you can look at the accounts.
There is no great big pot of cash sitting in the bank account.

The point is more a 'wooden dollars' one, so if the debt repayments are being covered or contributed to by other events this should give the club more disposable income for things like transfers.

There is no guarantee that the money will be spent better, but it gives the club an advantage over a lot of other clubs in the prem, so you could argue, even if the football decisions aren't great, the fundamentals are.

Though it won't fill a trophy cabinet, if the business is good, it does make it more saleable to other buyers and secures it's long term ability to operate, which is dull but very important.

The point is more a 'wooden dollars' one, so if the debt repayments are being covered or contributed to by other events this should give the club more disposable income for things like transfers.

There is no guarantee that the money will be spent better, but it gives the club an advantage over a lot of other clubs in the prem, so you could argue, even if the football decisions aren't great, the fundamentals are.

Though it won't fill a trophy cabinet, if the business is good, it does make it more saleable to other buyers and secures it's long term ability to operate, which is dull but very important.
Yeah, in simple terms the more money coming in the more that can be spent, regardless of its source.

I think (????) we have to keep 100m or so in the bank to satisfy the condition of the bonds.
Could be wrong on that though.

Once that 100m is there we can spend whatever amount we generate.
It's a no brainer.

Let’s give the stadium a chance to produce a whole season’s income and then see what happens in the summer. If we don’t buy the players Conte wants with the proceeds I’ll be the first to moan about the lack of investment.

I still think people don’t realise it’s warning potential compared to where we were before this year. Any excuse to using those funds to cover covid losses won’t wash either. It needs to go on players and contracts.

If that includes ticket revenue, I would say it’s about right….. majority of tickets are 60-100, plus there is 10%’ish that are premium at 150-300+. Throw in catering, drinks etc and 100 per person seems accurate

Premium seating is scarce, so it shouldn't be effecting the average greatly. Given the range in ticket prices between £20-100, the average is probably no higher than £60. So that would mean that the average matchgoer is spending at least £40 per match on concessions. I just can't see that.

Premium seating is scarce, so it shouldn't be effecting the average greatly. Given the range in ticket prices between £20-100, the average is probably no higher than £60. So that would mean that the average matchgoer is spending at least £40 per match on concessions. I just can't see that.
No way on earth the average ticket is 60. That’s simply wrong. I’m going tomorrow in one of the lower cost areas and it’s 62 that’s for a Cat C game.

No way on earth the average ticket is 60. That’s simply wrong. I’m going tomorrow in one of the lower cost areas and it’s 62 that’s for a Cat C game.
It may be a bit higher, but I still don't believe concessions are making the sort of money to provide £6M per match. Either way, we're making a ton of money off the ground. When the accounts come out after a full season fully attended in the stadium (finally) we can compare notes on what the actual matchday revenue is and what it means for our future.

Going back to the original point - if concessions really are making that much revenue, we absolutely need to be having as many events as possible in the stadium. Not people moaning about non-match day events.

It may be a bit higher, but I still don't believe concessions are making the sort of money to provide £6M per match. Either way, we're making a ton of money off the ground. When the accounts come out after a full season fully attended in the stadium (finally) we can compare notes on what the actual matchday revenue is and what it means for our future.
Honestly think ticket prices alone are close to £6M. I imagine concessions offset the staffing costs so break even could be c.5M? Should guess the average spend per person is around £10?

I don’t think you understand the pricing in the new stadium at all. Which is understandable.

There are loads of premium seat options. And the infamous 1882 season tickets. Think circa 8000 premium seats were being touted.

The £20 seats are in one small corner of the ground for concessions in the family area. There won’t be many seats at that price at all.

But there are far more premium options. Boxes, sky bar, sit with a legend and he will commentate for you, 5 star dining and a box etc etc. I think even 1882 was over £100 a game. You just get a seat in the south stand with that. And a beer or two.

Even a shit fixture like Newcastle a “cheap” premium ticket (so not in the executive boxes section) is £170.
And on the exchange you can’t buy any concessions tickets at all.

I don’t think you understand the pricing in the new stadium at all. Which is understandable.

There are loads of premium seat options. And the infamous 1882 season tickets. Think circa 8000 premium seats were being touted.

The £20 seats are in one small corner of the ground for concessions in the family area. There won’t be many seats at that price at all.

But there are far more premium options. Boxes, sky bar, sit with a legend and he will commentate for you, 5 star dining and a box etc etc. I think even 1882 was over £100 a game. You just get a seat in the south stand with that. And a beer or two.

Even a shit fixture like Newcastle a “cheap” premium ticket (so not in the executive boxes section) is £170.
And on the exchange you can’t buy any concessions tickets at all.

Match receipts totalled £94.5M in 2019-20, when we played a total of 21 home matches before the shutdown (14 PL, 4 CL, 3 FA Cup). That boils down to about £4.5M. Correct me if I'm wrong, as far as I'm aware from my occasional perusal of the figures, match receipts includes concessions revenue. Otherwise, its been previously reported we make ~£800k on concessions.

In any regard, we're making a shed load on matchday income. 18 PL matches this season plus 7 others. At £6M/match, that's £150M. At £5M, figuring 10% increase since 19-20, it's still £125M.

Who said… “I don't judge my time here on trophies too much. It is about the way we play, the way we develop and the state the club is in. This is a healthy club in a good situation.” ?

Back
Top Bottom