Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah people like that just drive a wedge between the fans base, shame that some fans always read into his BS though.
Did you ever post on Spurs Odyssey?

That Hotspur bloke was forever nicking material from there for his website. Opinion pieces, ITK (back when it existed), thread ideas, news, etc, etc.

Did you ever post on Spurs Odyssey?

That Hotspur bloke was forever nicking material from there for his website. Opinion pieces, ITK (back when it existed), thread ideas, news, etc, etc.

I remember Spurs Odyssey but I read his Harry Hotspur blog now and then redirected from newsnow, started to get bored of it the bias and agenda driven crap started to creep in and switched off.

Most other club's fans envy Spurs, just about the only thing they have to attack us with is "Spursy" and "No Trophies" - these of course are two massive fails, but unless you are City, Liverpool or Chelsea then you ain't won much recently either. West Ham saying you never win, that's almost funny looking at their non existent history.

Realistically even with City, Liverpool, and Chelsea to beat Levy has also admitted it's now time we must start winning trophies, appointing Mourinho and now Conte was a start, spending 400m in transfer fees was a start, but when others can and will spend the same or more it's not getting any easier.

Just maybe fifth and the EL would be our best chance at a trophy (and a future CL spot) if trophies are all you want then forget winning the CL or the EPL, that's just to difficult right now, but maybe the EL would be a good place to start. CL last 16 is worth about 35m. winning the Europa League is also worth about 35m .... and what really matters, it's a feckin' TROPHY.

I'd love the EL. Obviously want us to get CL this season but honestly wouldn't be too fussed with a EL finish as long as I knew we'd take it very seriously. It's a genuinely prestigious trophy these days, with the nice award of CL football and you come up against some very strong teams.

Agree PL/CL is out of reach, and not something anyone should be expecting.

I'd love the EL. Obviously want us to get CL this season but honestly wouldn't be too fussed with a EL finish as long as I knew we'd take it very seriously. It's a genuinely prestigious trophy these days, with the nice award of CL football and you come up against some very strong teams.

Agree PL/CL is out of reach, and not something anyone should be expecting.
It was always a prestigious trophy, it didn't take United and Chelsea winning it to make it prestigious. The idea that it was a waste of our time was always completely idiotic from a club whose only trophy in 20+ years was the one LC, itself the pimple faced idiot cousin of the FA Cup.

It was always a prestigious trophy, it didn't take United and Chelsea winning it to make it prestigious. The idea that it was a waste of our time was always completely idiotic from a club whose only trophy in 20+ years was the one LC, itself the pimple faced idiot cousin of the FA Cup.
The EL is also eternally connected to us as a club since we were the first ever club to win it when it was the UEFA cup. Which also made us the first English side to win a European trophy. It is a cherished part of Tottenham history and we as a club should never turn our nose up at the chance to compete in the Europa League.

Agree it was always prestigious and we always should have taken it seriously, but it's definitely levelled up with the award of CL football for winning it, and the level of teams involved also seems to have raised. It's almost more exciting to be involved in than the CL, which is almost always the same 4/5 teams in the latter stages.

The EL is also eternally connected to us as a club since we were the first ever club to win it when it was the UEFA cup. Which also made us the first English side to win a European trophy. It is a cherished part of Tottenham history and we as a club should never turn our nose up at the chance to compete in the Europa League.
Winning the Cup Winners Cup in 1963 made us the first English team to win a European competition.
Totally agree that the EL remains a prestigious competition which will always have strong historical significance for our club.

Winning the Cup Winners Cup in 1963 made us the first English team to win a European competition.
Totally agree that the EL remains a prestigious competition which will always have strong historical significance for our club.
Clearly I mixed up which came first. That's on me.

But yeah, the EL is clearly prestigious and all clubs would be crazy to turn it down if they end up in the competition.

Agree it was always prestigious and we always should have taken it seriously, but it's definitely levelled up with the award of CL football for winning it, and the level of teams involved also seems to have raised. It's almost more exciting to be involved in than the CL, which is almost always the same 4/5 teams in the latter stages.
I agree. I actually really enjoy the EL, and we should have won it twice by now.

That 24% probably all subscribe to this miserable twat and his pseudo-intellectual crap:

Every now and then he makes fair points, but he doesn’t half talk a load of bollocks on top. In this rant, he says we’re dependent on other team’s scores. Well fucking duh. That’s football, mate. Even the top two are having an almost neck-and-neck sprint to the finish line, waiting for the other to trip over their laces.

We’re in the toughest league in the world with three of the very best teams in front of us. Given how rubbish we’ve been at times this season, sitting in fourth and even going after that third spot is pretty good right now. Brilliant manager, great new recruits … just be a bit positive!*

*If they’re pissed off about the ST renewal situation, ticket prices and ENIC’s often poor communication with the fan base, that I do understand.

He epitomises what a sad sack fan is like - block him and don't put any money in his pocket - he's just profiteering by playing at being the ultimate troll, maybe he's that Igula bloke, same pathetic drivel.

He epitomises what a sad sack fan is like - block him and don't put any money in his pocket - he's just profiteering by playing at being the ultimate troll, maybe he's that Igula bloke, same pathetic drivel.

I have called him out numerous times on this site but sure it is me.

Fuck you really struggle with reality versus the fantasyland you live in your tiny little mind.

That 24% probably all subscribe to this miserable twat and his pseudo-intellectual crap:

Every now and then he makes fair points, but he doesn’t half talk a load of bollocks on top. In this rant, he says we’re dependent on other team’s scores. Well fucking duh. That’s football, mate. Even the top two are having an almost neck-and-neck sprint to the finish line, waiting for the other to trip over their laces.

We’re in the toughest league in the world with three of the very best teams in front of us. Given how rubbish we’ve been at times this season, sitting in fourth and even going after that third spot is pretty good right now. Brilliant manager, great new recruits … just be a bit positive!*

*If they’re pissed off about the ST renewal situation, ticket prices and ENIC’s often poor communication with the fan base, that I do understand.

Bloody hell, and I thought I was a miserable cunt (I am). Surely having Conte here and actually buying players who have improved the team is grounds for some optimism? Now its fair to hold levy to account and see what moves we make in the summer, but we have some hope at long last!

Match receipts totalled £94.5M in 2019-20, when we played a total of 21 home matches before the shutdown (14 PL, 4 CL, 3 FA Cup). That boils down to about £4.5M. Correct me if I'm wrong, as far as I'm aware from my occasional perusal of the figures, match receipts includes concessions revenue. Otherwise, its been previously reported we make ~£800k on concessions.

In any regard, we're making a shed load on matchday income. 18 PL matches this season plus 7 others. At £6M/match, that's £150M. At £5M, figuring 10% increase since 19-20, it's still £125M.

FYI, match day income includes food & drink etc. and its quite a large item

Its known the new stadium takings on food and drink were more than double the takings at WHL in the first few weeks of the stadium being open. With the various lockdown restrictions its difficult to assess the total effect of this as even this season attendances have been less than just before pandemic and hence less food and drink takings - I'd guess we'd only really see that when 22/23 results are announced in early 2024, although we may get some clues in the current (21/22) year when announced in early 2023.

FYI, match day income includes food & drink etc. and its quite a large item

Its known the new stadium takings on food and drink were more than double the takings at WHL in the first few weeks of the stadium being open. With the various lockdown restrictions its difficult to assess the total effect of this as even this season attendances have been less than just before pandemic and hence less food and drink takings - I'd guess we'd only really see that when 22/23 results are announced in early 2024, although we may get some clues in the current (21/22) year when announced in early 2023.
I took my 8 year old Sunday and got there 2 hours before KO (as opposed to be five mins after KO like normal after a dash from the pub). It was busy. Club shop taking loads, bars, food places etc where busy even 1.5 hours beforehand. Would guess food / drink takings are x5 higher than old WHL

I took my 8 year old Sunday and got there 2 hours before KO (as opposed to be five mins after KO like normal after a dash from the pub). It was busy. Club shop taking loads, bars, food places etc where busy even 1.5 hours beforehand. Would guess food / drink takings are x5 higher than old WHL

Its a really difficult call on how much more food and drink sales are as with pandemic we've had no sustained length of data, only periodic glimpses - for example there was a rumour that the first test event with 6,000 people sold more food and drink than a normal match at WHL, perhaps not surprising when you look at both the sheer increase in number of outlets selling f & b at new stadium v WHL, wider range of f & B and that f & b prices are quite reasonable (lower prices than Wembley and better quality would be my assessment).

Its a really difficult call on how much more food and drink sales are as with pandemic we've had no sustained length of data, only periodic glimpses - for example there was a rumour that the first test event with 6,000 people sold more food and drink than a normal match at WHL, perhaps not surprising when you look at both the sheer increase in number of outlets selling f & b at new stadium v WHL, wider range of f & B and that f & b prices are quite reasonable (lower prices than Wembley and better quality would be my assessment).
I'm pretty sure John Thomas John Thomas has been keeping tabs.

Back
Top Bottom