Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any post this:

Spurs ownership rated 12th by fans, with 76% satisfaction rating.

Brentford 98.8
Leeds 98.3
Villa 98.3
Brighton 98
Leicester 97.9
Palace 95.7
Chelsea 95.2
Wolves 92.4
ManC 90.5
Liverpool 88.6
Norwich 83
Spurs 76.4
Watford 69.8
Burnley 69.8
Southampton 47.4
Woolwich 30.3
West Ham 15.1
Everton 14.2
Newcastle 10.9
ManU 4.04

Any post this:

Brentford 98.8
Leeds 98.3
Villa 98.3
Brighton 98
Leicester 97.9
Palace 95.7
Chelsea 95.2
Wolves 92.4
ManC 90.5
Liverpool 88.6
Norwich 83
Spurs 76.4
Watford 69.8
Burnley 69.8
Southampton 47.4
Woolwich 30.3
West Ham 15.1
Everton 14.2
Newcastle 10.9
ManU 4.04

I think that’s pretty fair, seen it before. Understandable Brentford is at the top with the likes of Leicester near by and the likes of United, Everton and West Han towards the bottom.

Who said… “I don't judge my time here on trophies too much. It is about the way we play, the way we develop and the state the club is in. This is a healthy club in a good situation.” ?

Was also very clear when he arrived at the club that he aimed to win a trophy within four years of taking over. Managers don't judge progress by trophies, but that doesn't mean they view them as unimportant. If Klopp left Liverpool without a single trophy you can absolutely guarantee he would view his time there as having not been successful.

Any post this:

Brentford 98.8
Leeds 98.3
Villa 98.3
Brighton 98
Leicester 97.9
Palace 95.7
Chelsea 95.2
Wolves 92.4
ManC 90.5
Liverpool 88.6
Norwich 83
Spurs 76.4
Watford 69.8
Burnley 69.8
Southampton 47.4
Woolwich 30.3
West Ham 15.1
Everton 14.2
Newcastle 10.9
ManU 4.04
Hopefully Chelsea will be at 2.02 this time next year under new ownership

Was also very clear when he arrived at the club that he aimed to win a trophy within four years of taking over. Managers don't judge progress by trophies, but that doesn't mean they view them as unimportant. If Klopp left Liverpool without a single trophy you can absolutely guarantee he would view his time there as having not been successful.
I think the point is that people in the game tend to view progress as related to things that the club can directly control like “the way we play” and the “way we develop”. It’s why it took a few months for me to see Mourinho was not going to take us anywhere. And why I’m optimistic under conte.

Fans are far more emotional and speak in binaries and hypotheticals but I know for a fact that people who work at spurs don’t see things the same way (and that’s putting it diplomatically!).

Obviously trophies aren’t unimportant but people who work in the game have to weigh in the full extent of reality if they’re going to succeed (same for people in any profession - ignore reality at your peril). And trophies are a realistic outcome for very few teams each season and so you need other ways to properly evaluate a club which takes in everything (rather than just one metric).

I think the point is that people in the game tend to view progress as related to things that the club can directly control like “the way we play” and the “way we develop”. It’s why it took a few months for me to see Mourinho was not going to take us anywhere. And why I’m optimistic under conte.

Fans are far more emotional and speak in binaries and hypotheticals but I know for a fact that people who work at spurs don’t see things the same way (and that’s putting it diplomatically!).

Obviously trophies aren’t unimportant but people who work in the game have to weigh in the full extent of reality if they’re going to succeed (same for people in any profession - ignore reality at your peril). And trophies are a realistic outcome for very few teams each season and so you need other ways to properly evaluate a club which takes in everything (rather than just one metric).

Agree with that.

Well, yes. Certainly other clubs do think differently to Spurs though, and it's perfectly possible that many fans might disagree with how those running Spurs see things.

I don't think many expect trophies every season, but if you evaluate Spurs over a long period, then the trophy situation has been disappointing. It's up to the brainboxes at the club to analyse why that is (it isn't just down to bad luck or oil clubs, although they're factors) and try and fix it going forward. Appointing a Conte is a good step towards that.

Agree with that.

Well, yes. Certainly other clubs do think differently to Spurs though, and it's perfectly possible that many fans might disagree with how those running Spurs see things.

I don't think many expect trophies every season, but if you evaluate Spurs over a long period, then the trophy situation has been disappointing. It's up to the brainboxes at the club to analyse why that is (it isn't just down to bad luck or oil clubs, although they're factors) and try and fix it going forward. Appointing a Conte is a good step towards that.
I guess to bring it back to Klopp’s statement, there are other things that clubs need to put first before trophies. Only once those things are in place can we begin to talk about trophies.

We should judge the club by how effectively they are putting those prior things in place, not trophies. Our judgment needs to be developmentally appropriate.

I guess to bring it back to Klopp’s statement, there are other things that clubs need to put first before trophies. Only once those things are in place can we begin to talk about trophies.

We should judge the club by how effectively they are putting those prior things in place, not trophies. Our judgment needs to be developmentally appropriate.

Daniel Levy 2020

“We are now in a period where we need to win.

“I am a Spurs fan and I want to see this club continue to grow — and I want to see trophies.”

Agree with that.

Most other club's fans envy Spurs, just about the only thing they have to attack us with is "Spursy" and "No Trophies" - these of course are two massive fails, but unless you are City, Liverpool or Chelsea then you ain't won much recently either. West Ham saying you never win, that's almost funny looking at their non existent history.

Realistically even with City, Liverpool, and Chelsea to beat Levy has also admitted it's now time we must start winning trophies, appointing Mourinho and now Conte was a start, spending 400m in transfer fees was a start, but when others can and will spend the same or more it's not getting any easier.

Just maybe fifth and the EL would be our best chance at a trophy (and a future CL spot) if trophies are all you want then forget winning the CL or the EPL, that's just to difficult right now, but maybe the EL would be a good place to start. CL last 16 is worth about 35m. winning the Europa League is also worth about 35m .... and what really matters, it's a feckin' TROPHY.

Most other club's fans envy Spurs, just about the only thing they have to attack us with is "Spursy" and "No Trophies" - these of course are two massive fails, but unless you are City, Liverpool or Chelsea then you ain't won much recently either. West Ham saying you never win, that's almost funny looking at their non existent history.

Realistically even with City, Liverpool, and Chelsea to beat Levy has also admitted it's now time we must start winning trophies, appointing Mourinho and now Conte was a start, spending 400m in transfer fees was a start, but when others can and will spend the same or more it's not getting any easier.

Just maybe fifth and the EL would be our best chance at a trophy (and a future CL spot) if trophies are all you want then forget winning the CL or the EPL, that's just to difficult right now, but maybe the EL would be a good place to start. CL last 16 is worth about 35m. winning the Europa League is also worth about 35m .... and what really matters, it's a feckin' TROPHY.
agree with you, our probelm so far has been the money wasted on players that have not improved us (GLC, Nodombele, GKN Janssen etc etc) that poor player recruitment has cost us the chance of winning things or being top 4 each season
this all falls on Levy's head, his failure to take the risk of spending for the chance of winning has cost the club ( Saha & Nelson when we needed better players to push for top 4), waiting till last few days before trying to buy players, agreeing a price then trying to get it lower (Grealish)

Any post this:

Brentford 98.8
Leeds 98.3
Villa 98.3
Brighton 98
Leicester 97.9
Palace 95.7
Chelsea 95.2
Wolves 92.4
ManC 90.5
Liverpool 88.6
Norwich 83
Spurs 76.4
Watford 69.8
Burnley 69.8
Southampton 47.4
Woolwich 30.3
West Ham 15.1
Everton 14.2
Newcastle 10.9
ManU 4.04
Amazing that the 24% not happy with the way Spurs are run all happen to be members on this forum.

Last edited:
agree with you, our probelm so far has been the money wasted on players that have not improved us (GLC, Nodombele, GKN Janssen etc etc) that poor player recruitment has cost us the chance of winning things or being top 4 each season
this all falls on Levy's head, his failure to take the risk of spending for the chance of winning has cost the club ( Saha & Nelson when we needed better players to push for top 4), waiting till last few days before trying to buy players, agreeing a price then trying to get it lower (Grealish)

Can't argue with that, although not 100% sure that's all on Levy, certainly Jose picked his signings, not sure what input Conte has but suspect it's significant, ultimately DL is the boss and so he carries the can.

Either way going forward it is definitely no longer DL making these calls, he now gives the Transfer Committee a budget for fees and wages, they provide him with contracts to sign, allegedly he no longer interviews new signings, which he certainly used to do a few years ago.

I'm not sure who is now on the transfer committee this summer - Paratici, Rastrick, Powell, Mason maybe - and possibly Conte although previous managers have not been on the committee.

Amazing that the 24% not happy with the way Spurs are run all happen to all be members on this forum.
That 24% probably all subscribe to this miserable twat and his pseudo-intellectual crap:

Every now and then he makes fair points, but he doesn’t half talk a load of bollocks on top. In this rant, he says we’re dependent on other team’s scores. Well fucking duh. That’s football, mate. Even the top two are having an almost neck-and-neck sprint to the finish line, waiting for the other to trip over their laces.

We’re in the toughest league in the world with three of the very best teams in front of us. Given how rubbish we’ve been at times this season, sitting in fourth and even going after that third spot is pretty good right now. Brilliant manager, great new recruits … just be a bit positive!*

*If they’re pissed off about the ST renewal situation, ticket prices and ENIC’s often poor communication with the fan base, that I do understand.

That 24% probably all subscribe to this miserable twat and his pseudo-intellectual crap:

Every now and then he makes fair points, but he doesn’t half talk a load of bollocks on top. In this rant, he says we’re dependent on other team’s scores. Well fucking duh. That’s football, mate. Even the top two are having an almost neck-and-neck sprint to the finish line, waiting for the other to trip over their laces.

We’re in the toughest league in the world with three of the very best teams in front of us. Given how rubbish we’ve been at times this season, sitting in fourth and even going after that third spot is pretty good right now. Brilliant manager, great new recruits … just be a bit positive!*

*If they’re pissed off about the ST renewal situation, ticket prices and ENIC’s often poor communication with the fan base, that I do understand.

He's just trying to profit from click bait like he always has in his blog, makes money of profiting off the miserable and negative section of the Spurs fans and anti ENIC lot, best to ignore this clown.

He's just trying to profit from click bait like he always has in his blog, makes money of profiting off the miserable and negative section of the Spurs fans and anti ENIC lot, best to ignore this clown.
Endorsed. I watched a couple of his vids early this season when things were low and just wondered if he'd changed his tune given our current situation. Evidently not.

That bloke is a prick. Has been for years.

Endorsed. I watched a couple of his vids early this season when things were low and just wondered if he'd changed his tune given our current situation. Evidently not.

Yeah people like that just drive a wedge between the fans base, shame that some fans always read into his BS though.

Back
Top Bottom