Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy is, and always has been, successful at the running of the business side of the club. He just needs to empower someone on the football side to actually run that side of things - rebuild the scouting department, recruit the players, and sign the contracts within the budget that is sustainable for the club. No different that what Levy attempts to do, just more successfully because they know what the hell they're doing.

Levy's failure is either arrogance or fear of delegation. He needs to understand, admit, and own his limitations. Thats really it.

As you say, the amount of grief he gets is outsized. But some of it is certainly deserved.
Tbf to Levy, Poch didn't want a DoF and Levy supported him on that.
It didn't work.

Hopefully he's now seen the light and with Paratici in place we can get our recruitment sorted.
It looks good so far.

Tbf to Levy, Poch didn't want a DoF and Levy supported him on that.
It didn't work.

Hopefully he's now seen the light and with Paratici in place we can get our recruitment sorted.
It looks good so far.

I don’t know about that, Paratici has already made three bad signings out of 6. Gollini and Emerson are not good enough for the PL and Gil has already been sent away because Comte doesn’t think he can hack it here. That’s £50m+ he already wasted on players who don’t play.

Yes Bentancur and Kulusevski have settled well but they are two players he already signed for another club. His judgment in the broader market is still questionable.

I don’t know about that, Paratici has already made three bad signings out of 6. Gollini and Emerson are not good enough for the PL and Gil has already been sent away because Comte doesn’t think he can hack it here. That’s £50m+ he already wasted on players who don’t play.

Yes Bentancur and Kulusevski have settled well but they are two players he already signed for another club. His judgment in the broader market is still questionable.
Emerson I'll give you.
Gollini , a back up keeper so I'm not too bothered.
Gil, was always bought for the future, loaning him out to a club where he's playing regularly and playing well is a good thing.

Getting players out is also a good thing, albeit on loan mostly.

As you say it's too early to tell really, hence me saying "hopefully"

Gollini is not a signing. He’s a no risk stop gap for a year. We won’t exercise our option.

Emerson was bought for a back four. He’s not a wingback but when he was bought that’s what we were playing. We did still overpay though so we’ll say he’s bad.

Gil has a high quality loan after 6 months where he’s excelling. He’s a great player with fantastic potential.!

Paratici has done really well so far.

50% success rate is a big step forward from 2015 onwards

Gill is still TBD. He will easily be flipped, and there’s still a chance he comes back and does well. Gollini was free and yes, Royal also looks shit

Gollini is not a signing. He’s a no risk stop gap for a year. We won’t exercise our option.

Emerson was bought for a back four. He’s not a wingback but when he was bought that’s what we were playing. We did still overpay though so we’ll say he’s bad.

Gil has a high quality loan after 6 months where he’s excelling. He’s a great player with fantastic potential.!

Paratici has done really well so far.
He’s not no risk. If Lloris misses the rest of the season then it’s high risk that his signing costs us 50-100M in lost revenue

Financially no risk but bigger picture, signing god awful players (even for free) is not no risk

He’s not no risk. If Lloris misses the rest of the season then it’s high risk that his signing costs us 50-100M in lost revenue

Financially no risk but bigger picture, signing god awful players (even for free) is not no risk
The intention was not to sign a god awful player. It was to sign someone who might be good enough. It was a risk and it hasn’t paid off. There were other priorities last summer and our signings under Paratici have addressed those.

Every club makes mistakes in the transfer market. Some of Paraticis signings don’t look good. The majority have been great.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

What thread are you reading?

Reading the posts from peeps I don't have on ignore tbf :contelol:

The intention was not to sign a god awful player. It was to sign someone who might be good enough. It was a risk and it hasn’t paid off. There were other priorities last summer and our signings under Paratici have addressed those.

Every club makes mistakes in the transfer market. Some of Paraticis signings don’t look good. The majority have been great.
You said no risk. Now you are admitting it was a risk and it hasn’t paid off

Agree re: majority

The jury is out on Parataci (as it should be after just two windows). I thought he had a very mediocre summer and didn’t really improve the team (other than Romero) and was a little scatter-gun in approach. Nuno’s appointment was obviously a farce. However, I think he had an excellent January (his prior relationship with both players and parent club is irrelevant). This summer is our most important window in years — not just in terms of who comes in but, as importantly, who goes out. If, at the end of September, we still have N’Dombele, LoCelso and Winks but have lost Kane and/or Conté then it would have been a disaster regardless of incoming.
As for financial doping, it’s not the Neymar-like transfers that are killing football as they’ve always existed, it’s the fact that clubs are willing to pay 50m for Wan-Bissaka or 80 for Maguire. A homegrown player with (arguably) one good season like Lamptey gets talked about in the 30-50m range. That’s Modric money and more! As a result, it’s absolutely vital that Parataci gets the scouting, development and academy truly firing.

Let’s not forget that without Paratici we wouldn’t have Conte.

I’d love to know who finalises signings now, my understanding is that Paratici is given a budget to work within and has sole responsibility, I may be wrong.

God only knows who sanctioned the likes of Ndombele or GLC, it seems Levy, Poch and Hitchen were equally culpable

Let’s not forget that without Paratici we wouldn’t have Conte.

I’d love to know who finalises signings now, my understanding is that Paratici is given a budget to work within and has sole responsibility, I may be wrong.

God only knows who sanctioned the likes of Ndombele or GLC, it seems Levy, Poch and Hitchen were equally culpable
My guess is that he has full responsibility, but Levy has to sign off on any potential signings that break the budget. And Levy was probably involved in the Kane talks over the summer.

Saw this post over on SC...

SC1.png

Reply...

It was in the Athletic article talking about potential takeover etc from Feb this year. This is the bit:

But the point of the stadium is not just to do with prestige, it also guarantees the first thing any potential investor would look for: annual revenue. Tottenham bring in roughly £6 million for every home game. They have made a big bet on persuading fans to spend more time at the ground, which is why not being able to fill the stadium from March 2020 to August 2021 was so damaging, costing them an estimated £200 million in lost earnings. But now Tottenham can fill the stadium again, the money is flowing in.

SC1.png

Reply...

It was in the Athletic article talking about potential takeover etc from Feb this year. This is the bit:

But the point of the stadium is not just to do with prestige, it also guarantees the first thing any potential investor would look for: annual revenue. Tottenham bring in roughly £6 million for every home game. They have made a big bet on persuading fans to spend more time at the ground, which is why not being able to fill the stadium from March 2020 to August 2021 was so damaging, costing them an estimated £200 million in lost earnings. But now Tottenham can fill the stadium again, the money is flowing in.

Good piece. I said in the stadium thread a few weeks ago, I just don't get people moaning about the stadium being used for other events. This is all revenue for Spurs and will only help the "team" in the long run (obviously caveating with that money being used smartly when it comes to recruitment etc).

SC1.png

Reply...

£6M seems high though, doesn't it? That's £100pp. Has to be factoring in in-stadium advertising, yeah?

Back
Top Bottom