Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the first time in my life, I am annoyed with, and questioning Daniel Levy's management of the club.

If anything, at a time when there are divides appearing left, right and centre, and some real leadership is needed, it would be nice if he could make a statement on behalf of the club, to try and bring the players and fans together, to attempt to repair some of the damage, or at least show he gives a shit that we aren't getting the results but he is actually backing Poch and the players and we need some unity to help the club back in the right direction.

But sadly, nothing.
What could he say?

The click-bait media would happily misquote him to suit their narratives. The fans don't want to listen, the just want have the impossible delivered without any cost to them.

He doesn't want it to be about him. He wants the club to make its statement on the pitch. That means waiting for things to turn around.

I can't see any logic in Levy speaking out, or even the club generally. The fans have shown that a loud minority are whining jerks who will meltdown after every match, regardless of what the wider context is. Our own behaviour has shown to the club that we don't deserve respect of that type. It would be a wasted gesture.

I remember when AVB wouldn't play Lloris. Hope Poch isn't making the same mistake over Stambouli. It's true that Lloris is almost certainly better than Stambouli, but that just makes AVB's mistake even more irritating.
Lloris was signed on deadline day and we'd already played 3 games before he arrived. 2 of which Friedel was MOTM in! Hard to drop a guy who was playing so well. The media beat up of AVB not liking Lloris was unfair.

What could he say?

The click-bait media would happily misquote him to suit their narratives. The fans don't want to listen, the just want have the impossible delivered without any cost to them.

He doesn't want it to be about him. He wants the club to make its statement on the pitch. That means waiting for things to turn around.

I can't see any logic in Levy speaking out, or even the club generally. The fans have shown that a loud minority are whining jerks who will meltdown after every match, regardless of what the wider context is. Our own behaviour has shown to the club that we don't deserve respect of that type. It would be a wasted gesture.
He could say that he realises things aren't going as well as they could, but he's given Poch a 5-year contract for a reason and he (for once) is going to be patient in spite of results/table position and allow him a few years to get it right.

Do you not think it would be nice for him to show he cares? I agree that I do not think the media-hungry chairmen are any better, but sometimes it's refreshing to see Dave Whelan and Bill Kenwright publicly backing their manager and players to get it right. It takes some heat off the club, no doubt about it.

I don't believe the fans don't want to listen. I do, for one. That's an assumption. A voice from the top has a far better chance of reassuring fans than Adebayor backing Poch!

Also, making a statement doesn't make it "all about him". He is the chairman of the club. He should be vocal at certain times. Now is one of those times in my opinion. Large cracks are appearing and frustration is building around the club. Everyone can see it. Someone needs to say something, and personally I think it should be the bloke earning 7 figures a year.

We don't deserve the respect!? I'd say some communication is the LEAST we can expect from the bloke in charge. We are the fans. We are the club. No us. No them. They work in tandem, unable to function independently. It's not too much to ask for an explanation.

Lloris was signed on deadline day and we'd already played 3 games before he arrived. 2 of which Friedel was MOTM in! Hard to drop a guy who was playing so well. The media beat up of AVB not liking Lloris was unfair.
Take your point, but I disagree. Lloris was and is the captain of France and after a week's settling in, should have been first choice. That we had to wait till Chelsea put 4 past us at home was a very costly mistake, and may well have cost us CL that year.

Couldn't agree more. Friedel was playing well. You don't drop him simply because Lloris was also a good keeper. Form dictates, not names.

He could say that he realises things aren't going as well as they could, but he's given Poch a 5-year contract for a reason and he (for once) is going to be patient in spite of results/table position and allow him a few years to get it right.

Do you not think it would be nice for him to show he cares? I agree that I do not think the media-hungry chairmen are any better, but sometimes it's refreshing to see Dave Whelan and Bill Kenwright publicly backing their manager and players to get it right. It takes some heat off the club, no doubt about it.

I don't believe the fans don't want to listen. I do, for one. That's an assumption. A voice from the top has a far better chance of reassuring fans than Adebayor backing Poch!

Also, making a statement doesn't make it "all about him". He is the chairman of the club. He should be vocal at certain times. Now is one of those times in my opinion. Large cracks are appearing and frustration is building around the club. Everyone can see it. Someone needs to say something, and personally I think it should be the bloke earning 7 figures a year.

We don't deserve the respect!? I'd say some communication is the LEAST we can expect from the bloke in charge. We are the fans. We are the club. No us. No them. They work in tandem, unable to function independently. It's not too much to ask for an explanation.
For every one of you, there's a guy calling talk sport to slate Harry Kane, or boo a poor pass. The melts have drowned the reasonable fans out at the moment. Did you see what happened to Kyle Naughton's birthday tweet today?

That's who the club sees as the fanbase at the moment. Until we can change that impression, we won't see the club reach out.

It's in Levy & ENIC's best interests to mend relationships with their client reference numbers. After all they are banking on this shiny new 50,000+ seat stadium which they'd like to fill. The way it's going the discontent in the stands will grow, the 35,000 we are getting in WHL becomes 32,000. The players who are scared to play at home continue to drop points and we languish 10-14th for a few seasons, the 32,000 at games becomes 30,000. By the time the stadium is ready in 2020 we probably won't fill half of it at this rate.

Results - no where near the Redknapp days
Quality of squad - declined a shit load over the past 5 years
Crowd figures - empty seats all over WHL these days. Stubhub had close to 1,000 on sale on matchday!
Crowd atmosphere - the 3 points above have contributed to it being "toxic" with players scared to play at home

It would be unreasonable to expect any of those 4 to be fixed over night by Levy/ENIC. But taking some responsibility and acknowledging that we are going through a tough patch and the club is aware of fans concerns would be a great thing to hear. Instead we are told about Ledley off working at a school in Hong Kong or Freund training with the Dallas Cowboys!

what a fucking mess of a joke of a mess we are right now!
BILL NICK MUST BE SPINNING!

fuck me, Burkinshaw called it back in 1984;
"THERE USED TO BE A FOOTBALL CLUB OVER THERE!"

I'd like to think that English football fans know irony when they see it...
if anyone were to bring in a giant banner with this on it;

WE LOVE YOU LEVY, YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB, WE'RE ALL RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
borat-thumbs-up.jpg

nothing anti-Levy in the wording... what could the stewards do?

As it's a very depressing time to be a Spurs fan, let's all bring our comedy genius into one thread and come up with reasons why Levy is ruining the club.

1) He has 'no-hair-syndrome'. (Like small-man-syndrome, but no hair).
2) He's jealous of the Park Lane/Shelf Side because he has to sit on the West Stand.
3) He left early for the 4-4 at The Emirates and is bitter he didn't get on the pitch.
4) He looks like an egg wearing glasses.
5) He hates the fact he looks like he should be helping women pick out scarves at Selfridges.

What do you lot reckon?

Back
Top Bottom