Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And that’s how
Season ticket sales were actually slow this summer IIRC?

End of last season it was getting very easy to get tickets.

Fans are fickle in both directions...

I'd promised myself not spend another penny on the club until we actually win things. I'd have sold a kidney for a ticket the last time I was back visiting home.

Same way if this ends up a false dawn, that interest will drop off fast. Especially if people see Ange isn't able to bring in what he needs in January.

And that’s how easy it is for Levy.

One right choice and everyone is back on board. I don’t think we have the same level of fan action that United and Newcastle displayed.

Our displeasure is pretty easy for Levy to navigate and before you know it everyone is back on board.

Plus we have more and more newer fans who are happy to come to the stadium once or twice.
Not even a season. Just once or twice.

Legacy fans as they are known are a declining number. We also have a large amount of fans who I think will grab an ST for a few years and then give it up to be replaced by someone else.

And I can imagine there are plenty of people on here who have been replaced by football tourists. I include myself in that group. Modern football for you.

And that’s how

And that’s how easy it is for Levy.

One right choice and everyone is back on board. I don’t think we have the same level of fan action that United and Newcastle displayed.

Our displeasure is pretty easy for Levy to navigate and before you know it everyone is back on board.

Plus we have more and more newer fans who are happy to come to the stadium once or twice.
Not even a season. Just once or twice.

Legacy fans as they are known are a declining number. We also have a large amount of fans who I think will grab an ST for a few years and then give it up to be replaced by someone else.

And I can imagine there are plenty of people on here who have been replaced by football tourists. I include myself in that group. Modern football for you.

Sounds a bit hopeless when you put it that way.

Levy has very little incentive to deliver titles because the stadium will be full either way.

Not sure it is exactly like that though.

Has to be some pressure on him.

Sounds a bit hopeless when you put it that way.

Levy has very little incentive to deliver titles because the stadium will be full either way.

Not sure it is exactly like that though.

Has to be some pressure on him.

I don’t think there is pressure for titles.

Reality is we aren’t a Liverpool or man United with a history of winning everything for a decade or more. The expectation level is not set that high.

Don’t get me wrong. We are a huge club but with a history of playing the best style of football. But not being all conquering for an extended period of time. That’s never been us.

If he can get the style of football right I think he’s halfway there. It’s when he fucks that up the fans get on top of him.

Only thing I'd say is if we have a ton of cash to splurge on players, we aren't exactly going to advertise that either, not the best negotiating tactic!
Tbh I think it’s the above! For all of Levy’s issues, he isn’t a stupid man and love a £ note. He knows this season is the perfect time to get champions league and I doubt he is willing to gamble on that!

I don’t think there is pressure for titles.

Reality is we aren’t a Liverpool or man United with a history of winning everything for a decade or more. The expectation level is not set that high.

Don’t get me wrong. We are a huge club but with a history of playing the best style of football. But not being all conquering for an extended period of time. That’s never been us.

If he can get the style of football right I think he’s halfway there. It’s when he fucks that up the fans get on top of him.

We were in the 60's and we were the best FA Cup team in the country before ENIC took over.

Also think you can't build that stadium and claim to be big club if you don't win titles.

But you might be right that in reality, there isn't that much pressure on Levy to achieve them.

Levy needs to back Ange with the players he needs this January, regardless of cost.

And by that, I mean, it's doesn't matter if they are £1 million or £50 million, they just need to be the right player and with Ange, most likely to be young exciting player.

Ange has already said that he wants the January stuff done early. Which means, announcements on the first day as they have the time to negotiate between now and then, and not flaff about during the window.

If Levy can't do this, then he is a problem and needs to F off.

I might be naive but not sure that’s the Athletics MO

Not their typical MO but....he hasn't quoted a source..... he is his own source here and is speculating, putting 2 and 2 together.

It's opinion and it might be a fair opinion but that's all it is right now.

Back
Top Bottom