Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Fair enough.

You probably edited that.

Conte should have been last chance saloon.

Ange still is now.

Even if we probably all know Levy will probably end up firing him to shift the blame and getting away with it.

Which is way, I felt AVB was last-chance saloon for Dan & co. - finally the long-term vision could have been reflected and built upon, DOF, blah, blah, blah, etc.

Whoever comes in next has to be supported unconditionally and irrespective of a few bad results, etc. And if not - perhaps they're are unwilling/unable to take us any further - so could be time to sell up and jog on.

Over 10 years in the last chance saloon!!

Not bad going at all

Dear Dan, may we please get another top CB + CAM + LW/ST this coming crimbo?*

We've been very good this year and will be extra supa nice in 2024, promise youuuu!

(* CB is self-explanatory...CAM to replace useless GLC who finally gets shipped out...LW/ST for Richy who gets to rest for x months & while Gil + Veliz find their feet/get loans)

It’s really not. They own the club.

Amazed me people can honestly think that’s the case.

How exactly is it the last chance saloon? Look at Newcastle and Manchester United. Owners stick around as long as THEY want to. Not that we want them to.
Levy will be absolutely terrified at the prospect of all twelve protestors coming out again to demand his resignation.

Fair enough.

You probably edited that.

Conte should have been last chance saloon.

Ange still is now.

Even if we probably all know Levy will probably end up firing him to shift the blame and getting away with it.
Not edited as such but I did leave a bit off.

This is the full post
Think that shows that none of the other options jump off the page.

Conte was the last chance saloon for big name chasing.

Really we are back to where we were before appointing Poch. Probably a name like Luis Enrique wouldn't have been possible pre-Poch but that's also about the Prem being the super league as much as it's about the likelihood of winning things.

Was dead against Enrique but now don't care. Would almost prefer it to be somebody I have no clue about like Gallardo or the Frankfurt guy Glasner. Just for the Forrest Gump box of chocolate vibes

:troll:

Just a bit of playing around.
Point is that people have been saying "last chance saloon" for ages and he's still here.

The oldest reference I could find from 2014;
Which is way, I felt AVB was last-chance saloon for Dan & co. -

:adethumbup:

Why are you involving me in this shit?

Anyway, our squad has been decimated after one game, that's on our owners who seem to believe that injuries and suspensions only happen to other clubs.

We may be fucked now until January but let's hope not.
Relax petal.

I was simply pointing out that many people over the years have said "last chance saloon" with regards to Levy/Enic.

It's no biggie, just a bit of banter between me and Richard Arlison Richard Arlison , who has a sense of humour and has taken it in the spirit that was meant.

Relax petal.

I was simply pointing out that many people over the years have said "last chance saloon" with regards to Levy/Enic.

It's no biggie, just a bit of banter between me and Richard Arlison Richard Arlison , who has a sense of humour and has taken it in the spirit that was meant.

Petal? Not heard that in a good while.

Ah banter, hilarious. Is it possible for you to engage in such behaviour without including me?

Thanking you in advance.

Petal? Not heard that in a good while.

Ah banter, hilarious. Is it possible for you to engage in such behaviour without including me?

Thanking you in advance.

No, that's not possible I'm afraid.

When people post stuff on a public forum for all to see, they should expect their posts to be dragged out now and again.
Especially if they post things that have been proved wrong.

Sorry about that.

:mourbye:

I think a lot of Spurs fans are going to get very disillusioned if this ends up another false Dawn.

Only so many times the bucket can go to the well before the bottom falls out.

Do you go to games?

Got 25k season ticket holders who will go till the can’t afford it / die. For them it’s a way of life.

After that. Just need to find another 20k fans out of our 4 million worldwide fanbase.
And football is only going to get bigger.

Spurs are only scratching the surface. Levy is going nowhere. Why would he? He’s a millionaire in cash and a billionaire on paper - football has been very good to him.

His desire to go into the ESL shows me he’s thinking long term as well.
That part of the gave is still to come. He will want a front seat in the house for that I’m sure.

Do you go to games?

Got 25k season ticket holders who will go till the can’t afford it / die. For them it’s a way of life.

After that. Just need to find another 20k fans out of our 4 million worldwide fanbase.
And football is only going to get bigger.

Spurs are only scratching the surface. Levy is going nowhere. Why would he? He’s a millionaire in cash and a billionaire on paper - football has been very good to him.

His desire to go into the ESL shows me he’s thinking long term as well.
That part of the gave is still to come. He will want a front seat in the house for that I’m sure.

Season ticket sales were actually slow this summer IIRC?

End of last season it was getting very easy to get tickets.

Fans are fickle in both directions...

I'd promised myself not spend another penny on the club until we actually win things. I'd have sold a kidney for a ticket the last time I was back visiting home.

Same way if this ends up a false dawn, that interest will drop off fast. Especially if people see Ange isn't able to bring in what he needs in January.

Back
Top Bottom