Leicester away, Saturday 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pathetic

""We deserved more, and the points we have on the table do not reflect how well we've played"

That's our Head Coach Folks !

But it could equally be Ramos or Hoddle or indeed any relegated manager such as Steve Bruce...who's Hull side went down as they drew too many & could not score !

We are looking in poor shape to be honest & I am struggling for bright spots from today's tripe

Based on what I've seen so far this season and from what I saw of certain players last season, I'd be willing to give this a go at Everton:

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier
Alli - Dembele
Eriksen
Kane - Chadli​

Our quick full backs providing the width. Chadli playing just behind Kane with him and Eriksen interchanging, Dembele and Alli forming a solid midfield and Dier just sitting in front of the defence.
Dembele is really not my cup of tea. I don't think he ever picks the brave pass, always turns and goes sideways or backwards. He takes too many touches before moving the ball as well. I could live with it if he posed a goal threat, but his return of goals per game is miserable.

The goal was all Vertonghen.
Mason is really not up to it.
Alli is the one shinning light from that. Really hopes he starts against Everton.
Never thought I'd say this, but god we miss Rose.
If Eriksen is on his way to Juve I'm about to melt

Last edited:
Literally couldn't have a Spursier start to the season.

1) go into the season woefully undermanned
2) lose first game despite conceding only one shot which was an own goal
3) blow a 2-0 lead after dominating for for the first 70 minutes
4) score a late go ahead goal only to concede off the kick off

Just missing a transfer getting hijacked while the player is getting a medical and a devastating injury.

You forgot the bit about the stupid preseason tournament a few days before season kick off then getting stuck in Germany an extra day because of ticket issues.

Dembele is really not my cup of tea. He don't think he ever picks the brave pass, always turns and goes sideways or backwards. He takes too many touches before moving the ball as well. I could live with it if he posed a goal threat, but his return of goals per game is miserable.
No through ball since the 12/13 season. Says it all, technically good, but not much of an athlete

Probably a 5-7m overpay but who gives a fucking shit? We need a striker desperately. Same with a CDM and maybe even a winger. We need to spend even if it's a 10% or 20% overpay. The team drastically needs improvement and that takes £££

Again turgid football - we had 72% possession in the 1st half apparently - no threat, no wingers, no questions asked of full backs, few chances, no flair players, inability to beat average teams, propensity to concede late and no leaders.
This AVB bloke is really boring to watch.

What's happened? I've been unable to get on this site for well over an hour since the end of the game, I just assumed the server, like many of the participants, had gone into meltdown.
:freund:

Our defense has been well below expectations for what 2 or 3 years?

Lets look at the common denominators for that period. Walker and Jan.

Yet we bring in experienced partners like Fazio and Toby and nothing changes.

Some of our "veterans" really need to take a look in the mirror.

tumblr_inline_nqf33qGqxe1t3bk4v_500.gif

We are so far off being a top four team I think it's time for a reality check.

We don't have the manager, the squad or the ambition in the transfer market to really make a run at a CL place. I will genuinely be surprised if we finished top 6 this season. Carrying far too many players

Results like Stoke at home and Leicester away today are going to become far more frequent. Fair play to Leicester, they're in great form, but we used to have a decent team that would have beaten this side today. Apart from Lloris and maybe Kane and Eriksen, sell the lot.

Again turgid football - we had 72% possession in the 1st half apparently - no threat, no wingers, no questions asked of full backs, few chances, no flair players, inability to beat average teams, propensity to concede late and no leaders.
This AVB bloke is really boring to watch.
That dark shadow did cross my mind at half time ... it is AVB without Bale. I thought the second half was much better though. We are not that far away.

Probably a 5-7m overpay but who gives a fucking shit? We need a striker desperately. Same with a CDM and maybe even a winger. We need to spend even if it's a 10% or 20% overpay. The team drastically needs improvement and that takes £££

Save the pennies, save the pennies, what's 4th place when you have an extra £50 in the bank. All aboard the bank statement bus parade.

On a serious note I don't understand why this has not been done, the kid is young and Prem proven, it's not like Bobby losing value. He could be worth £40 million next year.

Worst of all we could get gazumpt or Berahino could get pissed off and change his mind because of our shit attitude.

I'm still sure Berahino will sign. I just think West Broms overall summer transfer work (which funnily enough works out at round about £25,000,000) as well as signing two strikers in Lambert and Rondon just means the deal will fall into place eventually at 23:59pm on deadline day.

Whilst I agree. It's also just basic defending. Vertonghen should be more than experienced enough to know Mahrez, who'd gave him a torrid time all game, was going to cut in so Vertonghen just does his little squat dance he tends to do which only gives Mahrez the option to cut in and shoot.

He even done it against Bale in pre-season. Sort of just backing off in a squat position. Real poor defending, as he showed us all game.

So that's 3 games we've given Vertonghen/Alderweireld partnership a try and it's brought in 2 points from a possible 9 and no wins.
If we're running a meritocracy in the squad (and Poch has essentially said as much in the past), then he needs dropping for Wimmer in the next match.

Considering that Bentaleb was benched for his performance against United, I don't see why Jan should be any different.

Back
Top Bottom