Leicester away, Saturday 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The result is ultimately frustrating as this season so far has been. We played well at Old Trafford and were unlucky to leave with 0 points. We played really well at home to Stoke for 60 odd minutes and really should have gone away with 3 points. We weren't at our best today against the team top of the Premier League and with 7 minutes left we go 0-1 up and couldn't see out the win.

It's a game of fine margins, we're currently on the other side. We could have quite easily have 6 points from the opening 3 games which we'd all have taken with us leading in two of those three games late on but unfortunately we have ended up with 2 from a possible 9, which in itself is disappointing.

We get Rose back in the team, we allow Alli to start games and show us that he is ready at this level despite his age, he gives us something that no one in midfield seems to do and that's make forward runs and get into the box, he did it twice when coming on. We continue to get the best out of Dembele. Kane will eventually get goals. Eriksen hopefully comes back and hits some form and we sign a central midfielder who is ready to come in and do a job, Njie and Pritchard provide us with much needed attacking quality in the squad and we bring in a striker like Berahino to push Kane to performing at his best as well as playing alongside him.

How many times in the past few years have we taken a lead only to quickly conceded, the character of certain players and the team is weak, soft Spurs yet again. When we score I expect the opposition to also score.

How many times in the past few years have we taken a lead only to quickly conceded, the character of certain players and the team is weak, soft Spurs yet again. When we score I expect the opposition to also score.

Whilst I agree. It's also just basic defending. Vertonghen should be more than experienced enough to know Mahrez, who'd gave him a torrid time all game, was going to cut in so Vertonghen just does his little squat dance he tends to do which only gives Mahrez the option to cut in and shoot.

He even done it against Bale in pre-season. Sort of just backing off in a squat position. Real poor defending, as he showed us all game.

So that's 3 games we've given Vertonghen/Alderweireld partnership a try and it's brought in 2 points from a possible 9 and no wins.

Lots of possession, but it was pretty vanilla to be honest. Second half was much better, once we tried to get in behind them. I would give Davies, Dembele and Lamela a break. Rose needs to play, and Eriksen will return. I want to see what Njie, Pritchard and Alli can do.

Lots of possession, but it was pretty vanilla to be honest. Second half was much better, once we tried to get in behind them. I would give Davies, Dembele and Lamela a break. Rose needs to play, and Eriksen will return. I want to see what Njie, Pritchard and Alli can do.
Based on what I've seen so far this season and from what I saw of certain players last season, I'd be willing to give this a go at Everton:

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier
Alli - Dembele
Eriksen
Kane - Chadli​

Our quick full backs providing the width. Chadli playing just behind Kane with him and Eriksen interchanging, Dembele and Alli forming a solid midfield and Dier just sitting in front of the defence.

Literally couldn't have a Spursier start to the season.

1) go into the season woefully undermanned
2) lose first game despite conceding only one shot which was an own goal
3) blow a 2-0 lead after dominating for for the first 70 minutes
4) score a late go ahead goal only to concede off the kick off

Just missing a transfer getting hijacked while the player is getting a medical and a devastating injury.

Levy, get that dusty cheque book out and get Berahino NOW. Coz this is gonna be the usual if we don't. Lamela can fuck off to. Fuck sake, I'm bored of this spursy shit.
Anotherweekendfukt.com

Hectic end to a close game. Think a draw was about right in the end and both teams can take positives. Hopefully Alli gets a chance in your side now as he looked decent. Kane was a handful second half and that save by Lloris wa quality

Mahrez starting to show the consistency we nee from him. I think our subs came far too late, quite a few of our players were dead on their feet after an hour

Back
Top Bottom