Leicester away, Saturday 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Me after seeing the line-up

Really? Bentaleb and Rose were two of our best players last season. Trippier is a solid attacking option. Alli and Onomah give us players who can run at defenders and make bursts in behind, and Carroll's short, quick passing could be useful against tiring legs.

Neither full-back will appear. Bentaleb isn't a game changer. Onomah unproven. Carroll and Alli offer the only things different but are by no means amazing options. Weak as fuck that bench.

Really? Bentaleb and Rose were two of our best players last season. Trippier is a solid attacking option. Alli and Onomah give us players who can run at defenders and make bursts in behind, and Carroll's short, quick passing could be useful against tiring legs.

Not unhappy about the options other than lack of a striker, the way we collapsed when Kane went off against Stoke was shocking. Our system needs a striker I guess like most teams other than Barca when they tried it and we are relying on him being on for the full 90.

Unfounded?

Utd finished 6pts ahead of us, yet they have strengthened extensively where we havent, and already sit 5pts above us after two games and have already beaten us?
They have depth, we dont.
They have a world class manager, we dont.

The only unfounded logic is that "we are not really much worse than them"

The unfounded logic I was referring to was the idea that a team will suddenly gel when they are playing poor footy. I'm not saying it's unprecedented, but it's an easy out.

Yes Man U had more points last season, but that was last season.

They strengthened some, but how much really... Outside of Schneiderlin, I don't see any huge additions right yet (Memphis will be great, but I think it'll take some time)

I just don't agree that--after seeing Man U play shite football in their first 3 matches and also having deficiencies up front--that they will magically figure it out, meanwhile Spurs are doomed.

Do we have permission to melt if we throw away yet more points today due to having the most piss weak squad I've seen in my years supporting spurs?

Back
Top Bottom