Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still cant believe they've decided to stick this on a monday night after the seasons ended...
The more i think about this, the more stupid a decision it seems...
Although, what with the world cup, i imagine a lot of people will be wanting to piss off home for a bit as soon as the season ends. But why wait two years, and then wedge it in at the most inconvenient time available?

Yeah, don't know why they couldn't wait til July and play it during preseason.

The Ian Walker comments are interesting.. He was the first goalkeeper I remember playing for us and I don't think I ever liked him. Sticks in my memory that he always used to sit there and smile/laugh whenever he conceded, that got on my nerves.
Think my favourite GK down the years (besides Hugo) would probably be Robbo (didn't think he had much ability but was very likeable) or Erik The Viking (saw his name in a Spurs book when I was about 6 and thought that was a cool name).
Agree about Walker, think he was a total knob...... and E the V is my third fav player of all time. I met him at Peter Pan's playground at Southend, a couple of months after he joined, and he was lovely. Took a pic of him on the go karts and gave it to him at the Player of the Year Dance later in the year, and he was really appreciative. Used to make me smile when he crouched down when we had a photo together, only way we can get both our faces in the picture.... happy memories.

I know it was reported, but was it ever confirmed that Hoddle would be managing Ledley's XI?

And do we expect Tim to be in charge of the current team still?

the ALL-STAR FIREWORKS grudge-match you mean?

Not that I want anything to overshadow the King's last game, but if Tim is going to lose any game, a) It'll be better if it is to Hodd. b) I can enjoy Tim losing in this one because Spurs will still win!!

Back
Top Bottom