Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's no way under the sun that Real Madrid would allow Gareth Bale to play in Ledley King's testimonial a couple of weeks before a Champions League final. La Liga won't have finished either.

There's no way under the sun that Real Madrid would allow Gareth Bale to play in Ledley King's testimonial a couple of weeks before a Champions League final. La Liga won't have finished either.

I think they (the Standard) mean Bale wants to be at the Lane to watch the testimonial, rather than actually play.

Keen to return and will return are two very different things...
I'm keen he signs for us again the day after the CL Final... don't mean he will though, do it?

People keep saying there's no way Bale with play. But I'm sure there is not much risk in a two-three minute substitute appearance right at the end of the game.

...would YOU fly all the way over from your Madrid Mansion for two-three minutes??
If I was earning over £200,000 a week and it was a testimonial for one of my best friends that I respect hugely.. I think i'd be tempted...

I don't think he will though, just playing devil's advocate!

People keep saying there's no way Bale with play. But I'm sure there is not much risk in a two-three minute substitute appearance right at the end of the game.

I agree that the risk would be pretty minimal, but event still I'd bet that it's a risk that his new employers wouldn't be willing to take. Even if he was only on for three minutes, imagine if he pulled up with a hamstring injury or something similar out of the blue in that time. With the CL final just around the corner I can't see Real Madrid being willing to risk their record signing.

I agree that the risk would be pretty minimal, but event still I'd bet that it's a risk that his new employers wouldn't be willing to take. Even if he was only on for three minutes, imagine if he pulled up with a hamstring injury or something similar out of the blue in that time. With the CL final just around the corner I can't see Real Madrid being willing to risk their record signing.
I don't know, we are supposed to have that special relationship with them!

say he came on for the last 5 mins and did his hamstring or went over on his ankle and was ruled out of the cup final....i know this could happen in a league game to but for a testimonial im sure we would be furious.

Also as the world most expensive player would you risk him?
The same can happen any day of the week in training.

Frankly I think he owes the club, the fans and Ledley the compliment. What's more, it would suggest that this supposed special partnership did actually exist....

Back
Top Bottom