Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Usually if a player leaves after a long period of good service like Walker has, I'd wish them luck in thier future endeavours, but as he has gone to City and will be competing with us directly, fuck 'im
This move is clearly about money for Walker. After the past two seasons can anyone in football honestly claim that we have not shown that there is a way of doing thing without spunking mega money?

I think it's pretty clear that Walker got too big for his boots, fell out with Poch and now we'll see if he's made the right move. I don't think he has, because even if we slip down a bit this season I think Chelsea and Man U have strengthened enough that nothing is certain for Shitty.

Just having a general browse on Twitter and saw 3 different tweets about Kyle Walker..

"City finally agree £50m deal for Kyle Walker"
"Fee finally agreed for Walker to City, £55m plus add ons"
"Exclusive: Man City to sign Kyle Walker for £45m after meeting Tottenham's asking price"

Why can't these 'reporters' at least agree on a figure to quote in their drivel!?
:dembelelol:

In Tripps we trust.

Rather have players motivated by success rather than money.

Walker has served us well but this has tarnished it all for me.

Wage situation might turn a few more heads in the squad, we will see.

It was inevitable that it was going to happen, the amount it had been talked about, also how little Walker played at the end of last season was telling.

Would rather he'd gone abroad, and i dont care about the fee, but my shout is that Walkers form will suffer at another club.

They think they have bought Walker at his best under Poch, but what they will get is Walker under a manager who expects his players to understand 5 formation changes per game, and as much as old Kyle has served us very well over the years, he isn't known for his footballing brain....

He certainly isnt irreplaceable by all accounts, not like a top level CB or Forward would be and even if a replacement doesn't work out straight away i would be happy with Trippier starting the season at RB.

Send over the disagrees...

Poor from Levy for selling to a rival - the bollocks after Berbatov was just that

Personally, I'm very disappointed in this - complete cock-up. Even if he had a fall-out with Poch - try and flog him abroad at least

Meh

In the end, it had to be done. With Trippier's progression and the need for funding this TW (current funds getting funneled into the new stadium), it really was the best option for Levy currently. Hate to see him go to another Prem rival, but no other club would've come close to that 50m Price Tag. Use the money wisely , get proper coverage for Trippier and Spurs will ultimately improve via this move. But I completely understand anyone not happy with this move since Walker was strong RB and hate to see him in that Rivals kit. In the end, Spurs simply do not have deep pockets like other clubs which is further compounded by the new stadium's sizeable investment.

Poor from Levy for selling to a rival - the bollocks after Berbatov was just that

Personally, I'm very disappointed in this - complete cock-up. Even if he had a fall-out with Poch - try and flog him abroad at least

Meh

Perhaps he did. The players get more of a say where they end up than the clubs do nowadays.

Plus how many English players ever go abroad, less than 1%?

BBC reporting it now - they don't normally run headline stories without confirmation

Hopefully Levy makes this so painful that City never dream of coming back again for someone else

Meh
In the end, no other club abroad was going to come close to what City paid. And Berbatov is a bit different since Spurs already have a RB who is as good or even better in Trippier. Seeing him in that rivals kit will be nauseating, but this was levy far and away best chip for funding a few sizable transfer additions this window.

Trippier is no longer backup, he started more games in the last month of the season than Walker and those games included the semi-final against Chelsea and league games against Woolwich and Manchester United, whilst Walker played against the weaker sides. Think we can safely say Poch believes Trippier is his first choice RB. I love Walker but 50mil to be reinvested in the squad, preferably a creative locksmith further forward is definitely something I can accept. Walker, as good as he is, is 27 and his speed will be going soon. When that does he'll be half the player, as we saw with Aaron Lennon, who equally relied on raw pace. Getting 50mil for a player who imo has 2 years left as elite is decent business, especially when he's already dropping down the pecking order.

Trippier is no longer backup, he started more games in the last month of the season than Walker and those games included the semi-final against Chelsea and league games against Woolwich and Manchester United, whilst Walker played against the weaker sides. Think we can safely say Poch believes Trippier is his first choice RB..
Or...

Walker had already 'left' by then and / or had a fall-out with Poch hence why we either protected him or simply gave him a 'send off'. No one would ever know for certain but his dropping from the first 11 was rather bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom