Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think we all know his weakness is the defensive side of his game but still learning and he could do with a rest, must be one of the most used players last season and this one.

He hasn't been on top of his game so far but I think he is one of those who is just determined to get better and better. I'm not overly worried - just yet.

k13x.gif

Walker had a brilliant game against City. Walker has consistently played well in 2013. He started off pretty awfully, but has regained the form he had last season. I'm very happy with how he currently is playing.

Thought he did well with the equaliser. He looked like he was going to launch it into row Z before playing the ball though to Bale, and we all know what happened next
:dempsey2:

I'm puzzled why so many people are quick to criticise him. He has of course made a few high profile mistakes, but I think his general play has been solid. Think we have consider that he has little competition for his position, and also we have no experienced right back for him learn from.

Good for him in the England setup as he must get great advice from Neville etc

I think his general play has been appalling. All season he has been a liability defensively and offered very little offensively.

As a player I think he has fantastic attributes and can grow into a superb RB for us, but this season has been very "second season syndrome" and I do not think he has performed well at all (save for odd appearances).

I do believe though he will learn from it and come back next season a much better player.

I think his general play has been appalling. All season he has been a liability defensively and offered very little offensively.

As a player I think he has fantastic attributes and can grow into a superb RB for us, but this season has been very "second season syndrome" and I do not think he has performed well at all (save for odd appearances).

I do believe though he will learn from it and come back next season a much better player.
Reminds me a bit of the way Micah Richards hit the scene. Edit... But shouldn't forget that he is playing a collossal amount of games for us, that must be playing a part in it as well.

Walker has had a very good April, maybe player of the month but let's not get carried away.

Which is why it gets on my tits the levels of impatience in some fans. If it was up to some, he'd have been sold off in January.

Play like this til the end of the season and they will all forget the abuse they gave him and no one will mention a new RB this summer.

A poor start next season though, and he will be "shit", all over again. When will we learn?

Reminds me a bit of the way Micah Richards hit the scene. Edit... But shouldn't forget that he is playing a collossal amount of games for us, that must be playing a part in it as well.

Thats a good example. Its not uncommon for players to take a step back performance wise after their breakout season.

Walker strikes me as a very grounded lad who works very hard, I fully expect next season he will take two steps forward and really impress.

He's been much improved in the last few games, seems like he's maturing a little bit. Hopefully he carries on and starts well next season. Plays with a good passion in his game as well.

Think his domination of Leighton Baines (probably the best full back in the league) just gave him a massive boost of confidence. And he's been pretty buoyant since then. Him up against that Salad bloke for Basel was awesome to watch, his pace is ridiculous. I so want to see the Spurs squad do a full length of the pitch sprint against one another:adegrin2:

:hudd: probably wouldn't though

On a sidenote... I saw Walker at Westfield Stratford today...
I didn't say 'hello';
a) 'cos he was with his family,
and
b) 'cos I remember the hard time I gave him on here for being a bit simple after he said Wigan was an easy game (which we subsequently lost).. and I didn't want to be a hypocrite!
oh and
c) I was with my wife, and didn't wanna go all 'starry' and gooey at a man I don't know! (I prefer to go gooey at the men I DO know!!)
d) in my head, I sang Kyle Walker (Kyle Walker), Kyle Walker (Kyle Walker)
dun-dunna-dun-dunna-dun-dunna-dun-dunna-dun-dun
at him!

True story... ITK!!

Maybe I should've just tweeted him instead! ....except i'm not on Twatter!

Back
Top Bottom