Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sigh. It's why I was bleating on about a backup right back being more important than a striker.

IMO left and right backs are way underrated when if comes to transfer cash.

Naughton and Rose will cost us 4th if we persist.

I got mocked for wanting to play Kaboul as a right back snd Dier as a cb. I'm a long term supporter, not short term. We could see Dier be our right back, but then that's a third of a season gone. He needs that time to bed in as a cb. Kaboul is an underrated right back and should be the utility player because of his experience.

IMO Dier at cb will be a better long term decision because he could be a monster for us. I don't want to rip up our back 4 with Dier floating around when Walker comes back.

And I never want to see naughton in a spurs shirt again. Cups or otherwise.

Neither do I but I would take Naughton to right back to put Dier at Centre Back, I think Kaboul seems like the biggest current liability.

Kaboul is a liability because of our pourus wings. Jan is a liability. Dier will be a liability. Fazio will be a liability.

I wish our managers would click with this wingydingz bullshit holding us back. It's a neon plated sign saying "overun us here and cross with no resistance".

Then you get fucking idiots blaming the beleaguered centerbacks.

Naughton is a liability who cannot keep his hands to himself!

He's had TERRIBLE instructions in the past. He's been so far out of position causing him to steam in, it's a joke.

We should have left and right backs. Not wingbacks. Walker is a BEAST when he's in Position and keeps it simple.

I'm hoping Davies plays moving forward in the prem.

I don't think Roses and walkers 2 or three goals and assists a season are worth being the worst defensive flanks I've seen. And I've watched Ginola on the wing!

Unfortunately for you the wingbacks are a central concept of Pochs tactics. Without wingbacks, we have no width on the field.
IMO Naughton is a very solid backup for Walker. He makes faults sometimes but it's just ridiculous to call him a not-PL-capable liability.
And Rose has done ok so far, I don't know why you're always moaning about him gibbsy. Not outstanding but ok defensively and much better offensively compared to last season.

Unfortunately for you the wingbacks are a central concept of Pochs tactics. Without wingbacks, we have no width on the field.
IMO Naughton is a very solid backup for Walker. He makes faults sometimes but it's just ridiculous to call him a not-PL-capable liability.
And Rose has done ok so far, I don't know why you're always moaning about him gibbsy. Not outstanding but ok defensively and much better offensively compared to last season.

Nope. He said to ignore his previous tactics because he will mold it to our players who are completely different to the saints.

Cahspur bleated on about that constantly (like, non stop 1000s of posts) and he figured there would be considerable changes to reflect that in transfer land. The opposite happened and he stuck with what he had for the most part.

Kaboul is a liability because of our pourus wings. Jan is a liability. Dier will be a liability. Fazio will be a liability.

I wish our managers would click with this wingydingz bullshit holding us back. It's a neon plated sign saying "overun us here and cross with no resistance".

Then you get fucking idiots blaming the beleaguered centerbacks.

Kaboul is a liability because he's not fit, not the tactic. It might be that he hasn't the pace any more and the high line game doesn't suit him but when it comes down to it, at the moment he looks precarious.

Kaboul is a liability because he's not fit, not the tactic. It might be that he hasn't the pace any more and the high line game doesn't suit him but when it comes down to it, at the moment he looks precarious.

That's bullshit.

When Rose was daydreaming vs West Ham and Oleyd a player past him, Kaboul outstripped Rose in a foot race that covered half the pitch.

Then he got sent off. That was LAST SEASON. Months ago. He's fit. He's fast. But he's being overun and him and jan are chasing their tail.

It's a classic example of what the REAL liability at this club is.

Liverpools opener? Where was Jan and Bentaleb for the first goal? They ere covering for Rose on the wing because that twat was out of position again. So Kaboul was isolated in the middle for the goal.

Another wingydingz was sleeping on the ball for the third. Thes

Those fuckers took a contested game into an uphill battle.

Saying it's not tactical is complete ignorance. Every manager targets our wings. The vast majority of goals against us do not come through the middle because our dm's and centerbacks can handle thier own responsibilities. The trouble is they are babysitting non events like Rose, Naughton, Townsend, Lennon and co.

No, ok, it's everyone's fault but Kaboul, you're right Gibbsy..

I didn't magic jan and bentaleb on the left did I?

I didn't give the ball away on a selfish head down glory run for the third did I?

I back up my shit. And the CENTER is not our disease. The centerbacks looking bad is you looking at the surface symptom.

Nope. He said to ignore his previous tactics because he will mold it to our players who are completely different to the saints.
Dude, I'm sure you saw our games. We played with Eriksen (a CAM), Lamela (a creative, centre-orientated RW) and Chadli (sbd who prefers to play in the middle as CAM) behind the striker. That's clearly comparable to his lineups at Soton and even if not, every single player in our AM was often moving into the middle of the pitch and not focussed on the wing giving our play some width. That was clearly the job of our full backs.

Dude, I'm sure you saw our games. We played with Eriksen (a CAM), Lamela (a creative, centre-orientated RW) and Chadli (sbd who prefers to play in the middle as CAM) behind the striker. That's clearly comparable to his lineups at Soton and even if not, every single player in our AM was often moving into the middle of the pitch and not focussed on the wing giving our play some width. That was clearly the job of our full backs.
Yep but it fell apart in part because against Liverpool Dier couldn't provide effective width down the right due to a lack of pace and as such everything wide went through Rose making us too narrow + predictable.

Eriksen, ade and Lamela are nothing like anything the saints had.

Sigh. It's why I was bleating on about a backup right back being more important than a striker.

IMO left and right backs are way underrated when if comes to transfer cash.

Naughton and Rose will cost us 4th if we persist.

I got mocked for wanting to play Kaboul as a right back snd Dier as a cb. I'm a long term supporter, not short term. We could see Dier be our right back, but then that's a third of a season gone. He needs that time to bed in as a cb. Kaboul is an underrated right back and should be the utility player because of his experience.

IMO Dier at cb will be a better long term decision because he could be a monster for us. I don't want to rip up our back 4 with Dier floating around when Walker comes back.

And I never want to see naughton in a spurs shirt again. Cups or otherwise.

have to say, since you dropped the "trust ole gibbsy" stuff whether that was baiting that Cahspur geezer or whatever, I enjoy your posts, agree with a lot of your ideas. Think sometimes you get dismissed cos of your, shall we say confrontational style. But anyway, in this idea, where do you rate Fazio? I don't know fuck all about him tbh other than some hasty you tubing and what the FIFA pros on here say from their expertise. But basically he seems fairly solid. I don't know how to fit him Jan and Dier in without putting Dier at rb - if Walker is crocked.

That's bullshit.

When Rose was daydreaming vs West Ham and Oleyd a player past him, Kaboul outstripped Rose in a foot race that covered half the pitch.

Then he got sent off. That was LAST SEASON. Months ago. He's fit. He's fast. But he's being overun and him and jan are chasing their tail.
There's a difference between pace and acceleration. A big fucker like kaboul might be the fastest over half the pitch but he's carrying a lot of mass and can't accelerate at a decent rate.

See: Moment of Inertia

Bale said as much once that over distance Kaboul was the fastest in the team, but when you're talking about 5, 10, or 15 yards when a nimble little fucker gets behind him and runs on goal, the battle is already lost more often than not. His problem isn't pace, it's acceleration.

But anyway, in this idea, where do you rate Fazio? I don't know fuck all about him tbh other than some hasty you tubing and what the FIFA pros on here say from their expertise. But basically he seems fairly solid. I don't know how to fit him Jan and Dier in without putting Dier at rb - if Walker is crocked.
My two cents:

From all accounts Fazio isn't the fastest chap around. If that's true then it's not the end of the world so long as his positioning and reading of the game are top notch.

Sounds like he's going to be a monster in set pieces, both attacking and defending.

One odd but probably small point of concern is that by reputation he's always played as a left-sided center-back, which is a position that we can obviously assume Jan will be starting in.

For league games I don't think that Dier was bought with the idea that he'd immediately be in contention for a starting spot at CB. With Walker's long layoff I think that we can all assume that Dier is going to have an extended run at RB and that Yedlin will come in at January for competition, after which I would expect one of Kaboul or Chiriches to be shipped out and Dier is a rotation option and a utility sub from the bench for the remainder of the season.

Back
Top Bottom