Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think once the Amazon cameras fuck off for good we will then see the real Jose. He is too nicey nicey atm, i don't think even he imagined before he arrived what a shitshow state the squad is in. He definitely is itching to ruffle a few feathers, push some buttons Jose style.
It’s what we need.
People say he’s a cunt, well that’s what made him successful

We are making excuses for them though. How do we know that these players are mentally and physically exhausted and more to the point why should they be?
In days gone by with very little sports science players used to play 42 league matches and sometimes multiple cup replays on muddy barren pitches in cold windswept stadiums earning much less than today’s prima donnas. I never heard Steve Perryman, Pat Jennings, Graham Roberts and even the supposedly soft Glenn Hoddle suffering from mental or physical exhaustion. I certainly don’t disagree that we need an overhaul though but the question is so much seems wrong at the moment where do you start

Agree about players from years gone by

However look at how we have been playing for well over a year, 18 months. There is no spark, no energy, the players cannot perform consistently for 90 mins. Something is wrong

Klopp won one trophy at Pool and it took him five years.
And don’t talk about this identity from day one bollocks they were fucking shit until last season, despite the whole “Liverpool owners back their manager” speeches

Agree about players from years gone by

However look at how we have been playing for well over a year, 18 months. There is no spark, no energy, the players cannot perform consistently for 90 mins. Something is wrong

We need a Keane or Viera type in midfield. Someone with massive presence on the pitch that the other players will look up to and totally respect/ borderline fear to drive things. Sadly not many players like that seem to exist anymore and maybe the modern game with its soft refereeing and play acting is partly to blame

Maybe so, but the whole idea sounds like wishful thinking to me.
To be honest it was a joke but maybe that wasn't clear.

If I'm being honest about Mourinho, I think he would suit International management more than club management now. It's purely results driven so no-one really cares about the style of football. Especially if they don't have to watch it week in week out. He would be able to choose exactly the types of players he wants to fit his system without having to deal with Chairmen and agents. He could throw players under a bus but not have them still hanging around making things awkward. I think he would do very well and genuinely think that his next job after Spurs will be with Portugal or England. However, realistically that will probably be after the next World Cup.

For everyone that's lost faith in Mourinho, relax, there is hope. With the Euros this summer lots of International teams will be changing managers. Maybe one of them will come in for Mourinho.
We'd still have Levy in charge.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

I mean Poch obviously had to go but let's not pretend as if Mourinho has performed up to what we expected, and paid for.

I understand he is dealing with shit players and a lot of injuries... but come on. Norwich are absolute garbage and we let them back into the game for no reason and that is 100% down to the manager's decision to sit back and let Norwich do the only thing they're good at - passing and shit.

Really hope he hasn't lost that killer mentality that made him good in the first place. Norwich was there for the taking and we let them get back up and lost the game.
When he lets our players have a go, they ship in 3 goals. So he got them to sit back and we were going to win 2-0 if Lucas had seen the obvious pass to dele or if Vorm hadnt fucked it up. Fucking Vorm, hate him so much.

When he lets our players have a go, they ship in 3 goals. So he got them to sit back and we were going to win 2-0 if Lucas had seen the obvious pass to dele or if Vorm hadnt fucked it up. Fucking Vorm, hate him so much.
That's not really true though.
We gave up the goal when we circled the wagons around the penalty area.
Every time we took the game to Norwich we were all over them and playing in and around their box.

I’d say the fact our fan base is moaning about not being able to challenge for the title and losing a CL final suggests that results have been very different since 2001
The end results have been very different with one trophy in that entire period given we had two in the ten years prior to the arrival of the English National Investment Company.

Back
Top Bottom