Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apart from Llorente and Jansen.
Both he hardly ever played because he had far better solutions that didn't involve hoofing the ball to either of them.

There's no evidence of any kind of attacking co-ordination, repeated passages of play, things that show that there has been any coaching going on. It was exactly the same at United and Chelsea, it's waiting for individuals to do something, which is fine when you have the attack that he had at Madrid because as is already confirmed by his Madrid players, he never spent any time on attacking, he just left it to them!!

Both he hardly ever played because he had far better solutions that didn't involve hoofing the ball to either of them.

Reminder...

None of which are strikers

If he had, say, Llorente on the squad hed play him. Because hes a striker

Which was exactly the same problem Poch faced when Kane was injured for three consecutive years.

Your reply is simply not true. Irrespective of what you think of the tactics style of football.

There's no evidence of any kind of attacking co-ordination, repeated passages of play, things that show that there has been any coaching going on. It was exactly the same at United and Chelsea, it's waiting for individuals to do something, which is fine when you have the attack that he had at Madrid because as is already confirmed by his Madrid players, he never spent any time on attacking, he just left it to them!!
Yes, exactly. Mourinho is a fraud just waiting for the next big pay-off.

I'm not his biggest fan, but thought he was probably our best option at the time. He has been hamstrung by injuries to our key players, but was hoping for better organisation than we've witnessed so far.
I will support him and still hope for the best, but I don't really see how we can get top five, unless everybody in the top half of the table drop points, to our advantage.

Is this a trick question?

....It wasn't you was it, Joe, you cheeky blighter?
No, but the cult of Mourinho is powerful. My keypad is misbehaving so I’ll bid you a peaceful night. I’ll be honest though - I don’t get the people who hero worship this bloke - José Mourinho, Tottenham manager? Nah, not for me. He hasn’t a clue.

Cheers mate. Time for me to have a break. Take all care.

True but we know it's a clanger, that's something a manager could get from Gazzaniga just as much as Vorm. It happens in the game Joe.

Do we blame Mourinho for Gedson's penalty? After all he did select him to come off the bench and be one of the few left to take one? Fine lines and all of that mate.
Agreed. José gets a pass. I’ll say no more.

The game has passed him by for a while. The fact this isn't turning out well in 'mourinho mk2' won't do well for buy in from the players. They need to buy into the philosophy and believe in what they're doing will have long term results.

We are still yet to find an identity or patterns of play.This isn't entirely his fault as there has been injuries to key players and joining mid seaaon, but the writing is on the wall and I cannot see him lasting until Christmas. He won't even get a pre season with the players due to the Euros. Knowing Levy he is probably already identifying a longer term manager in the Poch mould. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom