January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't see the link at all.

Timing

Expectation was Sarr and Bissouma wouldn't be back for a couple of weeks, Lo Celso out for a couple of weeks.

That reduces Spurs to Bentancur and Maddison (just back from injury), Hojbjerg and Skipp .... and Kulusevski available to stand in. So for next 3 games we were expecting to be light in midfield

So pretty risky to sell Hojbjerg in case of another injury or two at CM - unlikely but so was the Chelsea game.

Sarr back early de risks things back hugely/

This last summer TW, Nordsjælland sold 2 WFs in Ernest Nuamah and Andreas Schjeldrup - but neither of them have done well so far. Yes, they're young and it's their first season in a different league/country but yet it was expected more from them...so I have my reservations about paying top money for their talents..
Schjeldrup is back at Nordsjaelland on loan and he is even doing shit there this season.

No disrespect to the kid, I totally understand his reasons for picking Brentford, but fuck Nusa. Never worth 30 mil all things considered. So fair play to our decision-makers for not taking things further. If he ends up smashing it at Brentford and becoming a true world beater, so be it. You win some, you lose some.

Let's go and get Jack Clarke. Give Sunderland their 15-20 mil knowing some will be discounted cause of that clause when we sold him. They can even keep him til summer.

I'd also keep an eye on that Zhegrova kid from Lille...think it was Starks Starks who mentioned him a few pages back. Still pretty raw but such an exciting player. Seen him live and man, whenever he gets the ball, he has you on the edge of your seat, you just know he's gonna try something. Lille have always had a knack for spotting future stars and he looks like he could be the next big thing. But they're tough to bargain with, they tend to sell for big wads...that being said, they're in need of cash.

View: https://youtu.be/yfATsiScHjU?si=Mr71skPjEe1l-8sn

He turns 25 in 2 months. Really shouldn't be "pretty raw" still at that age.

Would you guys have Marcus Rashford? With our dressing room & Ange may be a good place to start fresh
Im Not No Way GIF

Back
Top Bottom