January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn’t look like anyone has any money for Hog though.

Will be one of those loan with options or something, loads of Euro clubs are just waiting for Prem teams to give players away.

The club have been trying to get him out since the Summer and if we get CG in it will pushing further down the pecking order.

Will be one of those loan with options or something, loads of Euro clubs are just waiting for Prem teams to give players away.

The club have been trying to get him out since the Summer and if we get CG in it will pushing further down the pecking order.
Agree, but as I posted before I think Spurs could cook up a way for a "skint" club to pay on the never never.
But just guess work.

If we spent 30-40m on Gallagher and sent PEH on a moody option to buy, there’s no fucking question that Levy has handed the keys over to someone else

View: https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1752075919202664862?s=20

laugh cry GIF

That is big. Constant injury massively affects how good you are or useful to a club. Capello used to phone Spurs a lot about Ledley asking about his knees even though he had Terry and Ferdinand because he adored him. King should be considered as good as Ferdinand or Terry and one of the all time great CB’s and probably should have played for Real Madrid but you can’t do any of that with problems.

The best players like Messi and Ronaldo generally have fantastic injury records. Whatever talent you have if you’re a crock and struggle to play more than 10-15 games a season it devalues your worth to a club. Sad if this is true as obviously not nice being so young.
No Nusa is good Nusa.

Has he been told that we have better midfielders in Maddison, Bentancur, Bissouma, Sarr et al ? So he'll spend some time on the bench even if we are playing 65 games a season in CL.

So lets make a take it or leave it offer at £20m - his predecessor at Chelsea and Crystal Palace, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, sold by Chelsea to AC Milan for euros 15m (circa £12m), so that's actually generous

and wages probably around £60k pw. including all bonuses.

No surprise. Clubs should be trying to get him and we should be in there too. However I think the cost will be prohibitive for a lot of clubs in the summer. He has “it” though, one I’d take a risk on and one we should have pushed for instead of Johnson. Even though, at the time, I understood the move for him. But Olise is the level above. He just has that on the ball aggression that top players have.
Yes we should have kept that £50M spent on Johnson and just gone for ollise. We didn’t need to spend that much in a last min transfer deadline day purchase. To boot forest would have been desparate to sell to offset PSR so don’t know why we didn’t just tell them £35M or leave it. Even that is too much for really bang average player.

I don't think the Nusa one is money, and I'm not convinced it was down to game time either.
I don't think we moved quick enough, we didn't see a "rival" bid coming and before we knew it, we lost a target.
Not sure on some of these players Ange prefers: Johnson, Timo, Conor, etc

TBH...Nusa seems to be a "project" one of the future player to me anyways...not too upset at losing that transfer...we need ready made players that come in the starting 11 and make an impact.

Back
Top Bottom