January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That is big. Constant injury massively affects how good you are or useful to a club. Capello used to phone Spurs a lot about Ledley asking about his knees even though he had Terry and Ferdinand because he adored him. King should be considered as good as Ferdinand or Terry and one of the all time great CB’s and probably should have played for Real Madrid but you can’t do any of that with problems.

The best players like Messi and Ronaldo generally have fantastic injury records. Whatever talent you have if you’re a crock and struggle to play more than 10-15 games a season it devalues your worth to a club. Sad if this is true as obviously not nice being so young.

View: https://x.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1752077236809728202?s=20

7dsg21.jpg

"GO & GET THE GALLAGHER RUMORS..."

To be fair, the Gallagher thing is the one deal I could see us partaking in some deadline day drama over.

It's kind of hilarious because neither he nor Poch wants the departure to happen, but Chelsea could be so fucked by FFP that the club hierarchy drags him away kicking and screaming. The closer we get to February 1st, the more desperate Chelsea bosses will become.

The one caveat to that is Hojbjerg seemingly staying put. Would that block said move?

Feel sorry for Nusa, got to respect the initial decision to go to Brentford for game time over joining us, I think it might end up better for him in the long run though, Brentford have signed a few promising young attacking players in recent years who've practically disappeared.

But at the same time lol at Brentford and also fuck you Brentford, hope we twat them into oblivion on Wednesday and they spiral to relegation, who the fuck did they think they were???

No disrespect to the kid, I totally understand his reasons for picking Brentford, but fuck Nusa. Never worth 30 mil all things considered. So fair play to our decision-makers for not taking things further. If he ends up smashing it at Brentford and becoming a true world beater, so be it. You win some, you lose some.

Let's go and get Jack Clarke. Give Sunderland their 15-20 mil knowing some will be discounted cause of that clause when we sold him. They can even keep him til summer.

I'd also keep an eye on that Zhegrova kid from Lille...think it was Starks Starks who mentioned him a few pages back. Still pretty raw but such an exciting player. Seen him live and man, whenever he gets the ball, he has you on the edge of your seat, you just know he's gonna try something. Lille have always had a knack for spotting future stars and he looks like he could be the next big thing. But they're tough to bargain with, they tend to sell for big wads...that being said, they're in need of cash.

View: https://youtu.be/yfATsiScHjU?si=Mr71skPjEe1l-8sn

To be fair, the Gallagher thing is the one deal I could see us partaking in some deadline day drama over.

It's kind of hilarious because neither he nor Poch wants the departure to happen, but Chelsea could be so fucked by FFP that the club hierarchy drags him away kicking and screaming. The closer we get to February 1st, the more desperate Chelsea bosses will become.

The one caveat to that is Hojbjerg seemingly staying put. Would that block said move?

With Nusa now off perhaps we just do the deal anyway. Skipp and Hojbjerg are great professionals but clearly it seems Ange wants an upgrade.

I'd also keep an eye on that Zhegrova kid from Lille...think it was Starks Starks @Starks who mentioned him a few pages back. Still pretty raw but such an exciting player. Seen him live and man, whenever he gets the ball, he has you on the edge of your seat, you just know he's gonna try something. Lille have always had a knack for spotting future stars and he looks like he could be the next big thing. But they're tough to bargain with, they tend to sell for big wads...that being said, they're in need of cash.
He's a bit lightweight for the Premier League. Extremely talented though. I keep a close eye on Lille (used to live there) and especially Zhegrova since he's Albanian (from Kosovo) and his technique is superb. However I'm scared that he'd fall into the "Gil" category.

Not a chance Hog stays if CG arrives IMO.

Has anything actually changed with PEH and Gallagher ?

German reporter says PEHs lawyer told him he’s staying. No quotes from the source to confirm though.

UK journalist says Spurs might make another approach for Gallagher. No quotes to confirm though.
I know as much as you. I just read the tweets.
But my guess is Hog won't be here at the end of the window and my hope is neither will Gallagher.

Back
Top Bottom