January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even then we thought he wouldn't get as much game time due to Dier playing in midfield.

We never know what Pochettino is thinking. Wanyama was a solid defensive midfielder with league experience who we had been trying to get the previous 12 months.

Poch would hate his personality & attitude though.
He is a lot worse than andros & poch got rid of him.

Also, won't he probably be on close to 100k per week?
Likely, yes. But we can offer him the playing time and teammates that other clubs can't. So I guess if he really wants to play in a good team, he can take a wage cut. If not, he'll go elsewhere.

It's up to Depay really. If his attitude is backed up by some serious desire, then he could be a good project for Pochettino (and a few other good managers out there). If not, he's going to be the new Balotelli. We shall see.

I would take the risk, but we've already discussed that here.

The summer window was as much about depth and giving Poch options than improving on our first 11 which is one of the best in the league with a smaller budget. Last season we knew what 11 would play and how they would play and you could guess the subs as well. Whereas this year it's anyone's guess the starters or formation and the bench can legitimately change a game.

I know it is easy to look at the now but I prefer the future gaze and still firmly believe a failure to buy another striker of some repute, even one on loan will come back to haunt us like it did last season.

Anyone noticed that according to the press Payet and Costa are "acting unreasonably"...........but we are "standing in the way of career progress" for Alli, Kane, Rose, Walker, etc

Back
Top Bottom