January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think n jie can be good for us if given the time and support. A lot of raw talent. Hope we get the most from him.
I really don't I'm afraid... I still think Son has more goal threat in him, even if he plays in a slightly deeper/wider role to N'Jie... i've just got an awful sinking feeling that Clinton might be a dud....

I really don't I'm afraid... I still think Son has more goal threat in him, even if he plays in a slightly deeper/wider role to N'Jie... i've just got an awful sinking feeling that Clinton might be a dud....

It's a possibility he might be. But let's face facts. He has done more in his first 5 games for us than Gareth Bale did in his first three seasons almost. We all know how that ended. All a player needs is for something to click, something to slot into place and to give them a confidence boost. I believe N'Jie could do that. He has the physical skills, hopefully he can back it up with some smarts and some technical skills as well.

It's a possibility he might be. But let's face facts. He has done more in his first 5 games for us than Gareth Bale did in his first three seasons almost. We all know how that ended. All a player needs is for something to click, something to slot into place and to give them a confidence boost. I believe N'Jie could do that. He has the physical skills, hopefully he can back it up with some smarts and some technical skills as well.
N'Jie has done more in his first five games than Bale in his first three years?!
53470350.jpg

N'Jie has done more in his first five games than Bale in his first three years?!
53470350.jpg

Bale signed for us in 2007, got his first win in a spurs shirt 2009. His first start for spurs where he got a win was 2010. That's three years. N'Jie looked fantastic against City the other month. I'm not saying they are similar, but I'm saying if we just write him off now, we'll never know.

Seems a little harsh, in my opinion mate.

I think he's done ok with the very limited appearances he's had so far..

Not saying he'll set the world alight, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he can't be a good, valuable squad player.

Bale signed for us in 2007, got his first win in a spurs shirt 2009. His first start for spurs where he got a win was 2010. That's three years. N'Jie looked fantastic against City the other month. I'm not saying they are similar, but I'm saying if we just write him off now, we'll never know.
Bale looked good in his first few games and got a few goals. If we hadn't let a four goal lead go against Derby he would have got a win in his second game. N'Jie is very raw but should be cup games and sub appearances for now unless we get injuries.

Seems a little harsh, in my opinion mate.

I think he's done ok with the very limited appearances he's had so far..

Not saying he'll set the world alight, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he can't be a good, valuable squad player.
To be fair, I know it comes across as a little harsh... and I gotta be honest, I had a similar feeling about Chadli after his debut at Palace; decent enough player, but not Top Drawer World class quality...
(then again, we had just lost Bale... so all comparisons were gonna be unfair!)

I think Chadli had improved immeasurably, and of course we've hardly seen N'Jie.

I hope I'm wrong, but from what I've seen, there's summit about his demeanour that doesn't quite do it for me. Maybe he's a bit too keen to impress everyone too soon??

His neat little flicks and tricks will have their place (as Lamela found out) he needs to start doing the simple things well... as and when he gets his chance. Which - injuries aside - I think he will on Thursday.

I still have my hopes up for Berahino

Berahino isn't ready for a move to a club as big as us yet. He's struggling to get into the WBA side. You may say thats because of the way he was in the summer, but if he is their best striker then they'd play him.

From what my mates at work say who are baggies fans, he's lazy, has a shit attitude and thinks he's better than what he is. Poch maybe able to bring the better side of him out, and if he was to sign then I'd support him 100%, but personally, I think we could do better.

Or maybe the summer. Doubt either would be available in January for anything less than a ridonkulous fee.

January prices are insane mostly because noone wants their team disrupted in the middle of a campaign. If Marseille continue to struggle in the league and go out of the EL in the group stage, making their season almost over. Then they may just want to cash in now on a player, they know, they cannot hold on to past the summer anyway, so they can rebuild now.

Berahino isn't ready for a move to a club as big as us yet. He's struggling to get into the WBA side. You may say thats because of the way he was in the summer, but if he is their best striker then they'd play him.

From what my mates at work say who are baggies fans, he's lazy, has a shit attitude and thinks he's better than what he is. Poch maybe able to bring the better side of him out, and if he was to sign then I'd support him 100%, but personally, I think we could do better.
He's their best striker, no doubt. Look at where he's been played this season, Pulis has turned him into a defensive winger. He's clearly on the out, and we'd be fools not to sign him imo

January prices are insane mostly because noone wants their team disrupted in the middle of a campaign. If Marseille continue to struggle in the league and go out of the EL in the group stage, making their season almost over. Then they may just want to cash in now on a player, they know, they cannot hold on to past the summer anyway, so they can rebuild now.

I still reckon it would be an inflated price. But stranger things have happened. Problem being, that we really don't have much leverage over anyone unless we start pretending like we don't need another striker, it would just be neat to have one. When someone has something you desperately need, and they're the only person with that something, they can ask for whatever they like in return for that something.

Even bum fun. :llorisunsure: :levywtf:

He's their best striker, no doubt. Look at where he's been played this season, Pulis has turned him into a defensive winger. He's clearly on the out, and we'd be fools not to sign him imo

If he was their best striker, they would play him as a striker. If it's a personal gripe then they wouldn't play him at all. But when you're a team like WBA who are going to struggle, you play your best players in their best position. Not out of position where they play terribly to prove some kind of point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom