January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Mason?
looks legit, but i have my doubt on Eriksen being here next season for some reason. And if Coco doesent improve his game in the BPL i think he could be adios next season too, but this is just me spectulating.

looks legit, but i have my doubt on Eriksen being here next season for some reason. And if Coco doesent improve his game in the BPL i think he could be adios next season too, but this is just me spectulating.
I don't think Poch will want to see the back of Lamela tbh... I think he is sticking it out with him because he can see his potential and he is an Argentine. (I think that plays a big part)

I think he's exaggerating but walkers pace does paper over alot of cracks in his game. Was directly responsible for a numbed of our terrible conceded goals last year.

He's going to find it difficult to get infront of Clyne for England if he maintains his form

Spurs defensive errors last season:
Dawson- 4
Sandro- 3
Vertonghen-3
Kaboul- 3
Naughton- 3
Rose- 3
Paulinho- 2
Chiriches- 2
Walker- 1

He had a rough year two seasons ago, but last season he was our best defender and it wasn't even close.

Dawson- 4
Sandro- 3
Vertonghen-3
Kaboul- 3
Naughton- 3
Rose- 3
Paulinho- 2
Chiriches- 2
Walker- 1

Pretty sure I saw more defensive errors than that from Rose in about 45m last season. That stat (mistakes directly leading to a goal?) is no guarantee of quality. However, I agree - Walker was one of our better defenders last year.

Dawson- 4
Sandro- 3
Vertonghen-3
Kaboul- 3
Naughton- 3
Rose- 3
Paulinho- 2
Chiriches- 2
Walker- 1

He had a rough year two seasons ago, but last season he was our best defender and it wasn't even close.
I admire the optimism from you here but there was a catalogue of mistakes last season so putting our plays at 4/3/2/1 is a bit understated.

So obviously I don't want Lloris to leave BUT what about a straight swap with Real Madrid for Benzema? rumor has it he's unhappy and it'd prevent him from joining Liverpool or Woolwich. We sell Adenayor and use that money to buy a young back up to Vorm

So obviously I don't want Lloris to leave BUT what about a straight swap with Real Madrid for Benzema? rumor has it he's unhappy and it'd prevent him from joining Liverpool or Woolwich. We sell Adenayor and use that money to buy a young back up to Vorm
Couldn't see him wanting to come here, especially with his national team captain heading the other way.

Terrible might have been an overstatement. I will admit that walker doesn't make the defensiver errors akin to rose or naughton but he has nothing upstairs. He's go go go and makes poor decisions. Without his speed he would be terrible. Not saying that the answer is yedlin but we can't bank on a guy who hasn't played in a year. These aren't the biggest issue facing spurs anyway......cb and holding mid and a striker, without those we will be stuck in 6-7. There is to much complacency especially against bottom half sides. We need a smart team not a team with potential.

Our best hope for CL is winning Europa. Shaquri is an option if levy will pony up the $, Schneiderlin won't move until summer and with modic hurt Khedira isn't going anywhere. Hopefully Mitchell has someone in mind. I would love to see a loan deal for al haddadi, they did it with delafleou so it's not out of the question. Berahino is also a good option but we need to trim the fat first. It's not going to happen overnight.

Terrible might have been an overstatement. I will admit that walker doesn't make the defensiver errors akin to rose or naughton but he has nothing upstairs. He's go go go and makes poor decisions. Without his speed he would be terrible. Not saying that the answer is yedlin but we can't bank on a guy who hasn't played in a year. These aren't the biggest issue facing spurs anyway......cb and holding mid and a striker, without those we will be stuck in 6-7. There is to much complacency especially against bottom half sides. We need a smart team not a team with potential.

Our best hope for CL is winning Europa. Shaquri is an option if levy will pony up the $, Schneiderlin won't move until summer and with modic hurt Khedira isn't going anywhere. Hopefully Mitchell has someone in mind. I would love to see a loan deal for al haddadi, they did it with delafleou so it's not out of the question. Berahino is also a good option but we need to trim the fat first. It's not going to happen overnight.

I personally don't see Berahino as any better than Kane right now - Kane just needs more PL game time

I personally don't see Berahino as any better than Kane right now - Kane just needs more PL game time

Completely different players to be honest. Berahino is far quicker and more direct, but Kane is actually really good on the ball in terms of passing and touch. Both seem to have a good mind set.

Agree about experience though, Berahinho has had 2 seasons in the PL to mature and advance, Kane has hardly got a sniff.

Completely different players to be honest. Berahino is far quicker and more direct, but Kane is actually really good on the ball in terms of passing and touch. Both seem to have a good mind set.

Agree about experience though, Berahinho has had 2 seasons in the PL to mature and advance, Kane has hardly got a sniff.

Hopefully we'll see him start this weekend against Hull - strike while the iron is hot; he's in great form.

They would be great together, their both in great form and they would play off each other's strength. Plus Berahino is proven in the PL unlike the other alternatives, and soldado

Trouble is, we don't play two up front as such.

Soldado doesn't score, but he offers an awful lot to the team and Kane when he plays with him, to be fair.

I'd argue that Soldado is actually one of our best crossers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom