January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great if we could get rid of 5 players this january and bring in a couple of quality, who will go straight into the first eleven as starters.

Dembele would be one of the 5 I would want to go. In my opinion he has been fucking useless since has been here.

He was pretty good in his first season tbf

Last edited:
We have good youth potential. So maybe some experience and character would be good for the dressing room, like Mourinho did by bringing Drogba back.
I think we need to trim the fat as much as possible this january, but it will be hard to find replacements who can slot straight into our starting xi. Also BAE and Ade will be out in the summer, not in january, shame.

Naughton, Dembele, Kaboul, Lennon, Holtby (to villa)- Out
Delph, Yedlin - in

There won't be any quality cheap strikers in january. But if Stambouli gets some form and with Yedlin's pace, and Delph's urgency it would be a revitalised squad.

One more signing either of experience or discipline is what I'm trying to search for. Milner is an excellent professional but wouldn't really rally people with his enthusiasm. Still would be a good purchase.

My kneejerk, #hottake opinion sure to hypocritically change at an arbitrary date later:

January Out-going:
Adebayor, Paulinho, Dembele, Kaboul, Lennon, Naughton and Soldado.

June Out-going:
Chiriches, Fazio

January In-coming:
Berahino
Recall Pritchard and Velky.

June In-coming:
Whatever Pochettino wants.

My kneejerk, #hottake opinion sure to hypocritically change at an arbitrary date later:

January Out-going:
Adebayor, Paulinho, Dembele, Kaboul, Lennon, Naughton and Soldado.

June Out-going:
Chiriches, Fazio

January In-coming:
Berahino
Recall Pritchard and Velky.

June In-coming:
Whatever Pochettino wants.

Not sure we can afford to lose 7 of our 25 and replace them with 3 pretty much unproven players (2 with very little PL experience, and one novelty).

If history has proven anything, we'd need to replace those 7 (not that I necessarily agree with them) with 4 minimum proven PL proven strong-willed players.

Not sure we can afford to lose 7 of our 25 and replace them with 3 pretty much unproven players (2 with very little PL experience, and one novelty).

If history has proven anything, we'd need to replace those 7 (not that I necessarily agree with them) with 4 minimum proven PL proven strong-willed players.
I dunno. Our younger players seem to have the speed of thought needed. I think if we just gave them the time to build relationships on pitch we'd see the results come. They also seem to have all the fighting spirit to handle the Premier League. I don't see much help from senior players here. We need some organic leadership and 90 minutes of the right attitude, and that seems to come more from our youth products and Chadli/Lamela/Eriksen than the guys I mentioned.

I dunno. Our younger players seem to have the speed of thought needed. I think if we just gave them the time to build relationships on pitch we'd see the results come. They also seem to have all the fighting spirit to handle the Premier League. I don't see much help from senior players here. We need some organic leadership and 90 minutes of the right attitude, and that seems to come more from our youth products and Chadli/Lamela/Eriksen than the guys I mentioned.

On field, yes. There's a number of players who have an off-field impact though; some positive, some negative.

I suspect that, whilst I admit my view is flawed, Soldado has a good impact on the younger players around him (from what you see on social media, flawed as I say) - he's definitely experienced in dealing with a crippling loss of form and should he power through it then he'll be a stronger player for it.

Perhaps the same couldn't be said for Kaboul, Adebayor and Paulinho - they seem to be having more difficulty in dealing with being dropped and out of form.

I've always said that, as out of form Soldado is, I've not heard him complain once in 15 months about being dropped or blame the manager/tactics/players/juju for his form

On field, yes. There's a number of players who have an off-field impact though; some positive, some negative.

I suspect that, whilst I admit my view is flawed, Soldado has a good impact on the younger players around him (from what you see on social media, flawed as I say) - he's definitely experienced in dealing with a crippling loss of form and should he power through it then he'll be a stronger player for it.

Perhaps the same couldn't be said for Kaboul, Adebayor and Paulinho - they seem to be having more difficulty in dealing with being dropped and out of form.

I've always said that, as out of form Soldado is, I've not heard him complain once in 15 months about being dropped or blame the manager/tactics/players/juju for his form
I think you're right to an extent about Soldado. You can fault him for plenty of stuff, but his attitude and professionalism is definitely not something you can knock.

That being said, on pitch, these guys don't seem to be doing the leading. The leadership seems to come from Mason, Kane and Eriksen. If those guys are the ones taking the initiative on the pitch and pulling the team along, I think I'd call them the leaders, at least during the game. The older players may be dressing room leaders, but they're not getting it done on the pitch. We can leave them on the bench, but if so then they're just going to get unhappy and are a waste of a squad number. So we might as well sell them.

I think you're right to an extent about Soldado. You can fault him for plenty of stuff, but his attitude and professionalism is definitely not something you can knock.

That being said, on pitch, these guys don't seem to be doing the leading. The leadership seems to come from Mason, Kane and Eriksen. If those guys are the ones taking the initiative on the pitch and pulling the team along, I think I'd call them the leaders, at least during the game. The older players may be dressing room leaders, but they're not getting it done on the pitch. We can leave them on the bench, but if so then they're just going to get unhappy and are a waste of a squad number. So we might as well sell them.

Perhaps. That being said, you can benefit from disciplined followers just as much as strong leaders - every good shepherd needs a good flock of sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom