January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone needs to 'shop up a official spurs front page of fatty Maradona joining up, with a caption along the lines of "Hungers for English pie."

Maradona played for Spurs (once), check my avatar!

Apparently we did look into getting him when we bought Ardiles and Villa, but the Argentine govt weren't willing to let him leave the country at that stage, he was still a teenager at the time, but already a star. Another story says that Sheffield Utd (I think?) also tried to sign him but were also warned off.

I think Holtby will mainly play the CM role alongside or rotated with Dembele.

We could change the system a bit and go 4-3-3 too, we have options!

With Parker available but not particularly creative, I can see Holtby being played further forward.

There'll be some pressure on him if he assumes the No. 14 shirt though!

a9UJEXg.jpg

Holtby is joining now...it's official.

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Schalke for the immediate transfer of Lewis Holtby.
The Germany Under-21 captain, who had already agreed terms to join the Club this coming summer, has made 27 appearances for the Bundesliga side this season scoring four times.
Capped on three occasions by the senior German national side, the versatile midfielder joined Schalke in 2009 from Alemannia Aachen and was loaned out to Bochum and Mainz prior to making his breakthrough with the Gelsenkirchen-based club.
Lewis has made 160 appearances in his career to date, scoring 29 times.

Edit: Someone might notice now.

I have to say I dont see the fuss about Feilani at all. He is a thug with a stupid haircut who elbows worse than Shearer ever did. Id hate to see him play for us.
Wouldn't worry he's going to the chavs in the summer to replace lump-o-lard.

Worst kept secret in football, they've seen the damage even a relatively small Belgian did to a kid and fancy fellaini to wipe half the Woolwich team out on one long elbow special move, 'Street Fighter' stylee.

Coach for next season will be hercule poirot. Abramovich has heard good things about him.

As it goes in life, so it goes in the aquarium.

I am proud to announce that the Powers That Be in the office where I work have reached an agreement with me on the immediate transfer of the inhabitants of the canteen's fish tank.

They are all free transfers because ever since the main fish-enthusiast left, nobody fancies cleaning the tank.

We are bringing in impressive new additions including tiger barbs, zebrafish, tetra, and some transparent thing with an iridescent stripe.

Good news all around.

Back
Top Bottom