Jamie Donley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope this lad gets a chance to get some serious minutes on the pitch soon.

He will 100% make a few mistakes - at both ends of the pitch - so the fans need to give him some time but he looks like he’s ready.
I watched the U21 game the other night, he was decent.

However, I don't think he is 'ready' for the first team, other than a few mins here and there. Not yet anyway.

I can only assume that is to try to see if Donley can be even more versatile - making him more attractive to a first team squad.

He used to be England's best striker in his year group, before moving back to being a no 10 where he's been outstanding for Spurs u21's having the highest number of goal involvements (goals and assists).

I noticed when Ange brought him on v Man City about 6 weeks ago for a few minutes at the end of the match that Donley occupied a CM/DM like role making a couple of tackles/interceptions with only a couple of passes forward plus of course challenging Haaland - as below - so I guess its all part of seeing where he can play best.

View: https://x.com/Lilywhite_Rose/status/1731690756765528462?s=20

Loan for him and Lankshear needed next season
He should have played much more this season. Looks exactly the sort of clever and technical player that raises his level around better players

Wasted time hoping grundon bin PEH comes good after 4.5 years ffs. Wanker royal etc.

He should have played much more this season. Looks exactly the sort of clever and technical player that raises his level around better players

Wasted time hoping grundon bin PEH comes good after 4.5 years ffs. Wanker royal etc.
Couldn’t agree more but Ange doesn’t want to take a risk and give them a chance. I mean surely if he can play skipp in the 8 role then doneley could play there!

If someone can keep and pass a ball, they aren’t a massive risk
Agree im saying Ange doesn’t want to a risk playing our academy players. He seems to prefer the safe option and play players who have been shite time and time again. Klopp would defo play donley or a Devine. He throws in Elliot, Bradley and others.

Back
Top Bottom