Jamie Donley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weird to see people saying the Swedish kid will go straight into the first team but somehow Jamie needs a loan.

Probably because Bergvall has played 42 games of men's football and been capped by his country.

Whilst Jamie Donley is older and playing against Fleetwood U21s...

We should have sent Donley out on loan at the back end of January when we started to get all of our midfielders back from injury. Instead he'll be playing a standard of football against footballers who most likely won't make it in the game for the rest of the season. Only to likely be sent out next season.

After watching klopp put his faith in youngsters in a cup final that probably don't have the potential donley has I don't think ange can have any excuses anymore. If it's not working out play the lad. It's the only way you will find out if a youngster can step up.

After watching klopp put his faith in youngsters in a cup final that probably don't have the potential donley has I don't think ange can have any excuses anymore. If it's not working out play the lad. It's the only way you will find out if a youngster can step up.

Do you think Klopp brings on the kids if he had Salah, Nunez, Trent, Szoboszlai, Thiago, Jones or Jota available?

Do you think Klopp brings on the kids if he had Salah, Nunez, Trent, Szoboszlai, Thiago, Jones or Jota available?

Absolutely...... It was a cup final; not some YTS exercise.

They needed legs from bench and those kids were literally all they had.

He would have played the equivalent of PEH & Skipp ahead of them too if he had them.

We've been in similar situations and opted to leave youngsters on the bench and play the starting 11 the whole game.

When were we in a situation that saw us missing so many players through injury (with another one going off injured in game) which has forced us to have 6 players U21 on the bench!?

Last edited:
United away Ange had a strange bench. Didn't name the full nine subs and had 2 GKs.
Gil (80) Dragusin (85) and Royal (89) used.

6DRAGUSIN
11GIL
12ROYAL
20FORSTER
40AUSTIN
58SANTIAGO
63DONLEY
65DORRINGTON

United away Ange had a strange bench. Didn't name the full nine subs and had 2 GKs.

6DRAGUSIN
11GIL
12ROYAL
20FORSTER
40AUSTIN
58SANTIAGO
63DONLEY
65DORRINGTON

So we subbed in 3 senior players and didn't play the starting XI for the entire game.... Thx for that. 🙃

Probably because Bergvall has played 42 games of men's football and been capped by his country.

We should have sent Donley out on loan at the back end of January when we started to get all of our midfielders back from injury. Instead he'll be playing a standard of football against footballers who most likely won't make it in the game for the rest of the season. Only to likely be sent out next season.
I think Donley will get a loan this Summer (at least until Jan) with Bergwall coming in, I think Donley will do well to get ahead of Maddison, Kulu, Son, Solomon AND Bergwall... To name just a few!

6DRAGUSIN
11GIL
12ROYAL
20FORSTER
40AUSTIN
58SANTIAGO
63DONLEY
65DORRINGTON
TBH, I've always found that weird ONLY naming 6 out of a possible 9 players... Take some kids with, IF ONLY for the day out, or a day off school!!!

TBH, I've always found that weird ONLY naming 6 out of a possible 9 players... Take some kids with, IF ONLY for the day out, or a day off school!!!

That list is 8 players; not 6..... 3 of which WERE kids. 🙄

That list is 8 players; not 6..... 3 of which WERE kids. 🙄
Aw, You know what I mean...
6, or 8 or however many...
Fill the quota at the very least...

Unless players are on a higher daily rate if they get named in the matchday squad....

That's probably a coupla thousand saved right there! :levywtf:

Really want to see what this kid does with regular minutes on loan somewhere next season.

Replacing Devine in the Plymouth team might be a decent loan.

Though I think id rather see him get the 'Skipp loan' and go to a team that'll ideally be competing at the top of the table and play good football.

Donley played "men's football" the other day against a League 2 team, which is probably a better standard than the Swedish league ... he got 4 assists.

Donley played "men's football" the other day against a League 2 team, which is probably a better standard than the Swedish league ... he got 4 assists.

I can tell you now that Fleetwood U21s are not a League 2 team mate....

I reckon 95% of the players in that Fleetwood team will be doing a 9-5 job or something similar in a few years time is the harsh reality of youth football.

Back
Top Bottom