I've melted.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs sammyspurs yeah, our objective was CL football, and we failed to meet that objective, but as much as you're crying about a sense of entitlement in some corners I have to say that you're doing a pretty fucking phenomenal job of sounding exactly like one of them at the moment.

Pull yourself together man, or have you forgotten the words of Bill Nich? We missed out on CL football by a single point in the league in two consecutive seasons. It's a sucker-punch, but it's not the fucking end of the world; for fuck's sake you're making the same arguments that Sheikh Mansour made when he sacked Mancini for not winning the title back-to-back.

To be fair, I find no reference anywhere of our objective being CL football.

Second point, I don't think Sammy seems to know which season we qualified for the CL, because it wasn't either of the two harry seasons I've been talking about the whole time

(not having a go at you, just wanted to talk about this "objective" thingy Sammy bangs the drum about)

To be fair, I find no reference anywhere of our objective being CL football.

Second point, I don't think Sammy seems to know which season we qualified for the CL, because it wasn't either of the two harry seasons I've been talking about the whole time

(not having a go at you, just wanted to talk about this "objective" thingy Sammy bangs the drum about)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I would personally say there were two different types of 'enjoy' going on.

I, personally, didn't enjoy the style of play as much - it's a known fact our football was at it's peak of entertaining under Redknapp, but was also quite unpredictable.

On the other hand, I felt like we were more reliable last season and we would have more enjoyment of grinding out the results with solid play and passion. I mean even the Freund & AVB show on the touchline was great to watch.

Two different positives for me.
yeah the passion from AVB and freund was great! maybe we just had the wrong crop of players to play the 4-2-3-1 system he belived in. lacked that cutting edge in the final third in my opinion

I enjoyed last season very much. This one not so much.
everyone has there own opinion that's what makes the sport so great I guess. I personally enjoyed watching the counter attacks at high speed and cutting edge passing from modric and rafffa. our play seems to be a lot more patient and slow I think

... AVB?
:troll:

But seriously. We lost Bale, we lost Modric, and we lost VdV. Those were massive losses and the habit of continually trading away out best players has caught up to us, but on a squad basis we've got more quality throughout Spurs than at any point in the recent past. At some point we've got to stick with what we've got. I, for one, am optimistic about the future of Spurs. Most people on here are suggesting that we can fix our problems by repeating the same mistakes.

We were hardly rampant though were we? That performance was characteristic of the type that we all snickered at Chelsea over during their unlucky run in winning the CL. We just held the line after Crouch's goal against the run of play, but good lord was Sandro magnificent. Birth of a legend?
Virginia spurs, you need to lay of the crystal meth my son.

yeah the passion from AVB and freund was great! maybe we just had the wrong crop of players to play the 4-2-3-1 system he belived in. lacked that cutting edge in the final third in my opinion

I think we lacked the league and squad that works with continental tactics. We muddled through though and in any other season we would have been lauded.

I just liked that we had a touchline that reflected the Spurs fan in all of us

soqaC.gif

itXKV3jXjngRB.gif

15.gif

AVB-MELTDOWN.gif

Posting these because I know how much Sammy loves a bit of old 'ginge

Last edited:
Yes, those were certainly two games we can all look back on with fondness, losing to a bankrupt Portsmouth side, and getting thoroughly raped by Chelsea.

We really should have done better in the cups during that time. With the players we had, we could have won the Europa league, if we had tried, and certainly should have picked up at least one domestic cup.
was still a day at Wembley, in my eyes we are a long long long way of such a stage. and okay which games should we look back on this season with our £100 million pound team. Liverpool home? city home? city away?
Chelsea away? Woolwich away? Norwich away? Newcastle home? so on so on

Virginia spurs, you need to lay of the crystal meth my son.
I stand by my point. I'm not saying it wasn't an incredible win; in fact I think it might be my fondest memory of watching a Spurs match, but over the two legs we hardly left our own third besides Crouch's goal; Milan pinged balls at us for 180 minutes of football and somehow Gomes held strong, with the help of Gallas' clearance, and a couple of goals held back for Milan.

Amazing result but it wasn't great football, and it wasn't good for the heart.

was still a day at Wembley, in my eyes we are a long long long way of such a stage. and okay which games should we look back on this season with our £100 million pound team. Liverpool home? city home? city away?
Chelsea away? Woolwich away? Norwich away? Newcastle home? so on so on

Like I've said earlier, we've had results like that for 3 or 4 seasons now :vdvcry:

You spent a few pages saying we didnt fail, and then you say we did. Is it really that hard to just say "oh yeah, 4th is better than 5th", instead of waffling on about Bill Nic and still trying to sound like you never contradicted yourself
You're fucking hopeless, aren't you? Is it so hard for you to understand that sometimes people's opinions differ because of a matter of perspective?

Maybe we should ask Case to send out a forum alert to everyone on TFC so they can see for themselves that I "admitted" that missing out on CL last season meant we failed in our season's objectives. I think that would be a grand idea, to prove to the entire forum that you were right and I was wrong. I guess the fact that that was never the point I was actually making is secondary.

You're fucking hopeless, aren't you? Is it so hard for you to understand that sometimes people's opinions differ because of a matter of perspective?

Maybe we should ask Case to send out a forum alert to everyone on TFC so they can see for themselves that I "admitted" that missing out on CL last season meant we failed in our season's objectives. I think that would be a grand idea, to prove to the entire forum that you were right and I was wrong. I guess the fact that that was never the point I was actually making is secondary.

All I did was say that 4th was better than 5th.

Not my fault people tried to convince me otherwise for several pages until they saw how stupid they were starting to look.

Even to the point that CJJ denied knowing what season I meant

:ade:

"Oh look we're 10 pts clear in 3rd" Fucked it
"Oh look we're in the semi of the Fa cup" Fucked it
"Oh look we finally managed to scrape the CL places" Fucked it

I'd rather look back on last season and think that it was the season we had on of the best players to play for us in amazing form, we showed we could survive without Modric, and we fought like men in the league despite having shit tactics.

When you look back at last season do you not think:

"Oh look a struggling Leeds away in the cup" Fucked it
"Oh look we're cruising away to Norwich in the League cup with minutes to go" Fucked it.
"Oh Look we are 7 points clear of a team we've just sent into a 'downward spiral" Fucked it.

I look back at last season and think fucking hell without bale having an impact on our season similar to gazza on our 91 cup run we'd have been languishing in mid table.

Under harry we didnt have a stand our player, we had a TEAM.

Not my fault people tried to convince me otherwise for several pages until they saw how stupid they were starting to look.

You really are in your mid 30s and living with your mom, aren't you?

When you look back at last season do you not think:

"Oh look a struggling Leeds away in the cup" Fucked it
"Oh look we're cruising away to Norwich in the League cup with minutes to go" Fucked it.
"Oh Look we are 7 points clear of a team we've just sent into a 'downward spiral" Fucked it.

I look back at last season and think fucking hell without bale having an impact on our season similar to gazza on our 91 cup run we'd have been languishing in mid table.

I'm not bothered about individuals, it was the managers job to get Bale to play well. As said before, it's illogical to question what would be without him (as you could do the same with C.Ronaldo, van Persie, Suarez, Lampard etc.).

I had no expectations under AVB. I have no recollections, nor can I find reference to targets, top 4 or CL expectations for that season, but Redknapp made us believe we could challenge for the title, win a trophy and get CL. In 11-12 he let us down, I feel, for his own agenda. I don't applaud him for turning us into what we are now in terms of expectation (that he sort of created). We should have won something in his 4 seasons

And that 4th > 5th
Is this a Mathematical problem of sorts?

Only a clueless buffoon would draw direct parallels between two season ignoring all variables and most importantly that of our 'rivals'

And this is coming from the bleating righteous bellend who keeps saying results mean nothing to him and it's all about the performances

Oh dear

Is this a Mathematical problem of sorts?

Only a clueless buffoon would draw direct parallels between two season ignoring all variables and most importantly that of our 'rivals'

And this is coming from the bleating righteous bellend who keeps saying results mean nothing to him and it's all about the performances

Oh dear

4th > 5th

This is why he ignores statistics, fact and also the point that we didn't qualify for CL for Harry's last 2 seasons.

Do I think scraping fourth and still not getting a CL place that was nailed on for us 10 games before the end of the season with mostly relegation fodder left to play was a success?

No. Complete failure in isolation of those 10 games that set us up to be a joke in front of Arse & Chav fans.

Cheers Harry, but you worry about your England job and blame us all for that

Back
Top Bottom