Ivan Perišić

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cant think of any off the top of my head that "set it on fire" as such but from a Spurs POV Davids coming here at the time was a massive boost for the club, winners mentality.

I dont expect him to set anything on fire to be honest given i think he will be in LWB role, but I do expect 100% commitment and professionalism - which some of our younger lads may see and emulate and that is priceless
did we get improved performance/results from Davids? (even if not sustained!)

did we get improved performance/results from Davids? (even if not sustained!)
IMO yes - not a soft touch any more in midfield

I may be biased as hes the only player I actually had the name of on the back of my shirt, and they were those bloody Kappa slimfit ones, if i put it on now id look like some kind of whale

Last edited:
Cant think of any off the top of my head that "set it on fire" as such at 33 but from a Spurs POV Davids coming here at a similar age at the time was a massive boost for the club, winners mentality.

I dont expect him to set anything on fire to be honest given i think he will be in LWB role, but I do expect 100% commitment and professionalism - which some of our younger lads may see and emulate and that is priceless

Davids was an unreal boost, in that time with squads full of bed wet'ers

IMO yes - not a soft touch any more in midfield

I may be biased as hes the only player I actually had the name of on the back of my shirt, and they were those bloody Kappa slimfit ones now, if i put it on now id look like some kind of whale
Edgar-Davids.jpg

Cant think of any off the top of my head that "set it on fire" as such at 33 but from a Spurs POV Davids coming here at a similar age at the time was a massive boost for the club, winners mentality.

Thiago Silva has been the recipient of major gush......

Ronaldo; ditto.

Both are near pension age.

Fantastic signing can play RWB, LWB and RW and LW

Best numbers he's had in his career last year and he was clocked faster then Son last year also

Age ain't an issue let's get some more done soon and be ready for a big pre season

I know he's not Romanian (but it's only a few hundred miles or so) but I really would have liked to hear him introduce himself like the Count in The Muppets - "I'm E-Vahnn, ha ha ha". Or something like that.

I think Spurs have a much better image in Europe than in England. A lot of the narratives around Spurs are spread by rivals fans and our own frustrations. The constant trophy jibes have people thinking we're not one of the biggest clubs in world football.

In Europe they're not biased against us. They mostly see us in the big games, our recent CL performances under Poch are nothing to scoff at.

We've had City's number for a while. We smacked United 6-1, and of course quite a few NLD wins. These are games that builds a team's image abroad.
Tbf, I think that while the wins over City and even the big win at Old Trafford will have been noticed on the continent, I doubt that the NLD win even registered - Woolwich have been out of Europe for so long they’ve all forgotten who they are

:contethumb:

He's fucking useless, hasn't even scored or assisted for us yet.

Genuinely though I've been wanting him here since I saw him play about 9 years ago. Glad he's got here in the end. Looking forward to singing his name and then calling him shit after he misplaces a pass 😂
Again love me a two footed player, got versatility, engine and most importantly quality and experience in the big games. He'll bring that mentality we need to mix it with the top dogs.

Back
Top Bottom