If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
They can think all they like mate, if the government says no then that’s it end of the line.

thats what happened in Holland they already had behind closed doors planned.
Depends how radical the Prem want to get - I was referring to something like lots being drawn to decide the final matches but I doubt that would happen at all.

They could combine the end of this season into next season (whenever it's allowed to start) and bin the FA Cup and League Cup.

Not saying they will do any of these things - just coming up with ideas - it all depends on their will and the 'need' to complete this season.

Any news on the season re-starting ?

Officially not, however, if training starts again from 18 May it means that they have calculated the quarantine times for players abroad and a protocol will be formalized shortly. Of course the variable will be the statistics of Covid-19: there must be no second wave otherwise everything will change.

Ripartenza lenta = Slow restart
gazza27.jpg

Still need 300 people to have a match behind closed doors. Also teams may not be able to even play in their own stadiums!

Premier League needs 300 people per match to end lockdown and reboot season
Some clubs will not play home matches in their own grounds if authorities believe that is safest approach to completing fixtures

ByJason Burt, CHIEF FOOTBALL CORRESPONDENT
26 April 2020 • 4:15pm

The Premier League has calculated it needs a minimum of 300 people for a match to take place behind closed doors.

Of that figure 210 are accounted for, in an official estimate seen by Telegraph Sport, although the exact numbers for directors, club media, security and stewards, ground staff and scoreboard operators are yet to be finally worked out ahead of what is hoped will be a June 8 re-start for the league.

completing the season behind closed doors / with new rules / a game every other day isnt really completing a season imo. Its two separate things, the games in normal conditions are not really comparable to those after, may as well have a game of headers and volleys. Players are a year older, first teams could well be changed with people leaving and youth prospects coming through.

I get the desire to "complete" the season but thats not what will happen, we have the majority of season completed and a mini tournament added at the end.

* added - Heard it explained that we were racing a marathon, got to 23 miles and stopped told to come back in 3 months and race the final 3 miles and expecting people to agree that a marathon had been run.

Last edited:
Given the recent decision to give Wimbledon a miss I think the remainder of the premier league games should be played as football tennis matches.

Loads of courts there ready to Be used. Only need 2 players per team for each match. Could probably finish the season in a week. Maybe 2 if they want to draw it all out.

Be an amazing thing. Who wouldn’t want to watch say Kane and Son v salah and mane. Or Dele and Dier V Luiz and Ozil.

TV ratings gold. Strawberries would be sold. Win win. For the country.

Given the recent decision to give Wimbledon a miss I think the remainder of the premier league games should be played as football tennis matches.

Loads of courts there ready to Be used. Only need 2 players per team for each match. Could probably finish the season in a week. Maybe 2 if they want to draw it all out.

Be an amazing thing. Who wouldn’t want to watch say Kane and Son v salah and mane. Or Dele and Dier V Luiz and Ozil.

TV ratings gold. Strawberries would be sold. Win win. For the country.

It's becoming very difficult to see how the CL/EL could be conducted next season in its current format. They won't be able to play the qualifying rounds and it's up in the air as to the what the qualifying criteria should be for unfinished leagues.

Looks less and less likely there will be European competitions next season.

It's becoming very difficult to see how the CL/EL could be conducted next season in its current format. They won't be able to play the qualifying rounds and it's up in the air as to the what the qualifying criteria should be for unfinished leagues.

Looks less and less likely there will be European competitions next season.

Have they awarded the title?

What about their European qualification and promotion/relegation?

Season is absolutely done.

No way we go ahead if France has cancelled. Too big a political risk.
This is actually bad news to me, until a week ago I was hoping it would be cancelled because I thought there was chance it would be voided.

but seeing as there’s basically nochance of it being properly null and void now I would rather restart the season and go for 5th. Otherwise we have no chance of CL next season.

there is no chance the prem will vote in a methodology that see’s us get CL like a null and void or UEFA coefficient ruling would.

Back
Top Bottom