If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
But what if the season ends and is null and void, Liverpool are awarded champions due to being so far in front. Woolwich get CL football due to coefficient scoring and we get Europa league, despite finishing above them..
That is a big possibility and about par for the course with our luck.l

But what if the season ends and is null and void, Liverpool are awarded champions due to being so far in front. Woolwich get CL football due to coefficient scoring and we get Europa league, despite finishing above them..
What would happen to Leeds, WBA? Not to mention the other top 12 teams who could also get promoted to the PL, if they won the play offs?

City ban would see us get CL in that scenario.

However, a genuine void scenario means going back to placings as per the end of 18/19 >>> Ergo NO champions crowned & City ban ought to stand outside of any C19 impact leading to Goons also getting CL as they were last yea's 5th placed team.

What you're envisaging isn't really a 'voiding', Billy; it's just one of many contrived potential solutions. In essence the season would have simply been terminated.

Last edited:
City ban would see us get CL in that scenario.

However, a genuine void scenario means going back to placings as per the end of 18/19 >>> Ergo NO champions crowned & City ban ought to stand outside of any C19 impact leading to Goons also getting CL as they were last yea's 5th placed team.

What you're envisaging isn't really a 'voiding', Billy.
The Dutch league is null and void, no champions awarded and no promotion or relegation.
By they are taking the league positions as of now for European qualification.

The Dutch league is null and void, no champions awarded and no promotion or relegation.
By they are taking the league positions as of now for European qualification.

I think that's a contradiction in terms... In that scenario the season HAS had some implications thus "void" would be a misnomer....

Much like if we 'voided' our season yet declared Liverpool champs.

(Semantics. Shoot me.)

What would happen to Leeds, WBA? Not to mention the other top 12 teams who could also get promoted to the PL, if they won the play offs?

Leeds and West Brom would be the biggest losers in all this (excluding Liverpool if they didn't award them the title)
If it was ended with no winners and no losers, it's the only outcome where no one could sue, as Coronavirus was no ones fault.
If the Premier league and EFL start coming up with other solutions then there will always be someone that whacks in a lawsuit, Us for example, you can bet your life that if Woolwich were awarded CL through co efficiency, Levy would sue their arses off. The same scenario if the EFL awarded Leeds and WBA automatic promotion, Fulham would sue.

If they were to play the games behind closed doors, those that went down would sue by saying it was not fair they had to play certain teams without fans when other teams did have fans etc.
It's a mess and that's why for me the only outcome is end it completely. No one can sue coronavirus.

What ever is decided, there will be some seriously pissed off fans and also some highly delighted fans.

It's a crazy situation that will have massive implications one way or another.

Good point.

They'd have disperse it as the table is now, wouldn't they?

I wonder if the purse would be trimmed back on the basis of the number of games that remain un-played...

i.e. Less TV money received by the EPL (and in turn the clubs) and similarly less prize money to allocate.

If the season is literally voided, maybe the prize money could be revoked.... (The latter will I guess depends on legal clauses between the competitions and the sponsors).

Last edited:
I wonder if the purse would be trimmed back on the basis of the number of games that remain un-played...

i.e. Less TV money received by the EPL (and in turn the clubs) and similarly less prize money to allocate.

If the season is literally voided, maybe the prize money could be revoked.... (The latter will I guess depends on legal clauses between the competitions and the sponsors).
Season won’t be voided, imv - sponsors will push everything they can to have it finished even behind closed doors or whatever it takes

Season won’t be voided, imv - sponsors will push everything they can to have it finished even behind closed doors or whatever it takes
That's what I think....... They may play almost every other day over 2 weeks just to get it done.

There's just too much money involved to void the Premier League.

The clubs will come round to something to ensure the season finishes.

Crazy but I wonder if they'd do something like draw lots - they've done it in World Cups before. Now that really would be silly.

Crazy but I wonder if they'd do something like draw lots - they've done it in World Cups before. Now that really would be silly.

The subsequent riots would be fun. :)

(I'd heard of it before but can't recall any specific circumstances.....)

The subsequent riots would be fun. :)

(I'd heard of it before but can't recall any specific circumstances.....)
They drew lots to decide group positions for Holland and Republic of Ireland going into the knockout stages of Italia 90

I don't think they would now, but I wouldn't put it past them to come up with something equally radical to get the Prem over the line.

They drew lots to decide group positions for Holland and Republic of Ireland going into the knockout stages of Italia 90

I don't think they would now, but I wouldn't put it past them to come up with something equally radical to get the Prem over the line.

Imagine doing that and Liverpool drew an 'L' for all their games....

The effect of all the screeching and whining would be akin to some kind of pan-global sonic warfare.

Last edited:
Imagine doing that and Liverpool drew an 'L' for all their games....

All the effect of all the screeching and whining would amount to some like pan-global sonic warfare.

That would be hilarious - that would be the funniest way to decide the Prem League

:dembelelol:

Last edited:
That's what I think....... They may play almost every other day over 2 weeks just to get it done.

There's just too much money involved to void the Premier League.

The clubs will come round to something to ensure the season finishes.

I agree but it may not be up to the premier league. If our UK government forbids it like the Dutch government did then it’s not really up to anyone at the premier league or FA.

And I think that’s a real possibility. That’s kind of why all these articles about how they will decide what happens are floating about. I just can’t see the government saying yes go ahead and play football whether that’s behind closed doors or not. Not until it’s too late anyway and we are well in to when next season should start.

just my opinion though.

I agree but it may not be up to the premier league. If our UK government forbids it like the Dutch government did then it’s not really up to anyone at the premier league or FA.

And I think that’s a real possibility. That’s kind of why all these articles about how they will decide what happens are floating about. I just can’t see the government saying yes go ahead and play football whether that’s behind closed doors or not. Not until it’s too late anyway and we are well in to when next season should start.

just my opinion though.
That's why I reckon they might think of a radical way of finishing it..... Pie in the sky but you never know

Back
Top Bottom