If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Agreed, I have proposed this in the past. Especially with all of the travel involved in CL and EL, it just isn't smart.

As you rightly point out, the leagues may need to be stopped sometime next season. Congested calendars will mean a stoppage of a couple weeks will force us into the same situation again next year. The added layer obviously, if CL/EL are happening, is what if say Italy and Spain go on lockdown but other countries do not? It'll just be a mess.

The issue though is, of course, money. UEFA will not want to give up their money. Another factor though is many clubs rely on CL revenue to support their wage bills. If there is no CL next year then a bunch of teams may need to cut wages.

It's going to be a mess no matter what happens. It just shows you how intertwined money and sport are now though. Depressing really.

Did UEFA ever get back to you? :troll:

I am sticking by this.
Maybe delay a few days..

We have 9 EPL games left.
Let's say restart date Monday 1st June:
1 -4 -7-10-13-16-19-22-25.
ECL games R16 28th June.
Quarters: July
1-4
Semis
7-10
Final 13

EPL 2020-21 due to start 8th August.
How can the CL even continue when some of the leagues involved have forbidden football this season?

Maybe we can give Liverpool a special cup or something for doing so well this season?
We could call it the so close award !
:levylol:

On a letter by letter basis how much would it cost to engrave "Next year, la'" round the bottom?

Last edited:
What is the best solution if all the games can’t be completed?

Every persons opinion is what ever suits their club. ie slutbucket Brady thinks it should be null and void, whilst, shock shock horr, Phil Thompson and Jamie Carragher think the season should be completed or Liverpool awarded champions..

Someone is going to have to make a very very tough decision, and no matter what, there are going to be thousands and thousands of pissed off people.

What should happen?
I voted prizemoney.
You bloody better buy me a pint on my first ever visit to the lane, you tight bastard.

:levyeyes:

Whilst there’s social distancing in place, there’s no football. Just can’t happen.

I think we’ll be lucky to see any games played this year.

There are 9 game rounds left - That's 90 games of football.

That's pitch maintenance (assuming minimum 10 pitches used), security for 90 games, travel, catering, players, coaching staff, media, physios .... the list goes on.

There will NOT be 90 games played. It will not be possible to play games every 3 days - the injuries will be horrific.

And remember, if EPL continues; that will mean all the lower leagues continue to allow the relegation/promotions. So thats 100's more games.

ITS NOT HAPPENING!

Now France has abandoned; I expect Italy, Spain and UK to follow.

There are 9 game rounds left - That's 90 games of football.

That's pitch maintenance (assuming minimum 10 pitches used), security for 90 games, travel, catering, players, coaching staff, media, physios .... the list goes on.

There will NOT be 90 games played. It will not be possible to play games every 3 days - the injuries will be horrific.

And remember, if EPL continues; that will mean all the lower leagues continue to allow the relegation/promotions. So thats 100's more games.

ITS NOT HAPPENING!

Now France has abandoned; I expect Italy, Spain and UK to follow.

After match going fans, player safety is the next thing the authorities don’t care about above money (we’ve seen that with how lax they treat the concussions that have happened in the games in recent years). So I don’t think it will be something the PL factor in as bothering them restarting.

After match going fans, player safety is the next thing the authorities don’t care about above money (we’ve seen that with how lax they treat the concussions that have happened in the games in recent years). So I don’t think it will be something the PL factor in as bothering them restarting.

Imagine a scenario where the games are resumed and players catch; and die of CV-19. Lets say its Pogba. United could be out of pocket to the tune of 100m - who's going to stump up the money to cover the loss - Insurance? the FA?

Given the high risk and unknown effects of this pandemic; I would not expect any insurance companies to be underwriting the risk of a return to games in the UK right now.

The French and Dutch leaves are just silly boys football. Once one of the major leagues calls null and void then it’s time to believe its happening.

One Juventus player has caught C-19 for the 4th time in 6 weeks. Starting the season too soon could be catastrophic..

How can the CL even continue when some of the leagues involved have forbidden football this season?
Apparently PSG have declared that they are going to play their games abroad to work around the French sporting ban.

Considering who bankrolls them I don't rule out them playing their games on a custom built freighter out at sea tbf.

Back
Top Bottom